Princess Website Problem

Happy2cruise

On 2/21/2022 at 11:17 AM, Ombud said:

Well I still cannot connect to chat so I emailed my PVP. Not fussing with this anymore. It's over just 200 FCC

Still cannot connect but that is a good thing. PVP lowered fare by 500 and put the refunded FCC on my 2023 cruise. Had to change to book by / sail by 5/1/23

I have been having the same issue now for several days.

Princess says its my computer, but strangely I am not having any issues with any other sites.

It seems to work OK for the first cruise that I search for, then it has the problem with the next search.

If I open a NEW tab, then I can use it for one more search, etc.

I use that method to get through all of my searches, what a pain.

Like everything else at Princess, especially since covid, NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK RIGHT, not the web based system, not Medallion, and not the employees.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cruising deacon said:

Princess says its my computer, but strangely I am not having any issues with any other sites.

It seems to work OK for the first cruise that I search for, then it has the problem with the next search.

Like everything else at Princess, especially since covid, NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK RIGHT, not the web based system, not Medallion, and not the employees.

I am having the same issues with looking at booking a cruise as well.  It is not only your computer.  Both my high end work desktop and my iPad just give grey wavy boxes where the information/prices should be.

Have exact same problem for several days. When attempting cruise search on my PC, just won't load. Reported issue to Princess this past Monday, first via phone contact and then via Live Chat. Phone rep advised no one to help me (Monday was holiday). Live Chat rep responded with no knowledge of any such website problem ("no similar complaints from anyone") and commented that difficulty being encountered was probably occurring at my end. Of interest, using my android phone, issue is not present--cruise search function is OK. Sounds like they're not listening--or don't care.

Edited by Uncle Sugar
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruising deacon said:

I found the same thing.  I was able to search and get results my first try, but then it went back to "infinite loading" when I tried to search another.  I got excited thinking it was finally fixed, but it was one and done, I guess.

I have called twice about this and chatted once, and each time I get some variation of "we're not having any issues, it must be your computer."  Every time I tell them that numerous customers are complaining about it on CC, and since I've tried 3 different browsers and my phone, and cleared cache and cookies, it obviously isn't me.  I make them promise that they have or will report the problem, for whatever good that does.  

My medallion is also not working, the main issue being that my upcoming cruise simply disappeared, so we can't do any of the check in steps or make dining reservations, or anything.  It was on there and we were green lane with a QR code, but now, nothing.  Over the years I have been a big fan of Princess, but there is something seriously wrong in their home office.  

• Thanks 1

I really dislike it when companies setup call center employees to lie. I'm sure there are a host of Princess management types that are well aware of the problem. Sadly honesty does not seem to be a valued commodity in customer relations.

3 hours ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Our very reliable "friend" in the travel biz says it's a Princess problem. They are (apparently) installing or upgrading their computer systems and we're seeing the results: very buggy software!

Probably "upgrading" their pricing.... Actually, I was having the same exact issues until I started using another browser: Mozilla Firefox to Safari. No issues since.

UPDATE: Safari still working for me; no go for Firefox.

Edited by crawford

34 minutes ago, crawford said:

Probably "upgrading" their pricing.... Actually, I was having the same exact issues until I started using another browser: Mozilla Firefox to Safari. No issues since.

Princess website works fine for me with Firefox but then I had to change Firefox security settings to be not as strict for the Princess site. It could be the security settings you have set in Firefox.

It is strange what is going on with the Princess web site according to various reports. IMHO the server produces web pages that would not pass OWASP standards for security. Ideally Princess should clean up the code produced for the web site.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, crawford said:

Safari not working now for me.

EZ Air not working for me again.  Tried to modify price and error message came up again.  Called Princess and two different reps said they are instructed not to connect me to EZ Air because they are swamped with cancellations and changes because of the weather.  Suggested I email customer service with a copy of today's lower price, which I did.  I guess there are no guarantees.

On 2/20/2022 at 8:55 AM, Happy2cruise said:

For the past 2 days when going into my "saved" cruises or "plan a cruise" when I hit details it goes to the cruise and a screen comes up that is grayed out boxes where the cruises would appears and nothing else happens.  If it means anything, I use firefox . . . .

On 2/23/2022 at 10:08 AM, Happy2cruise said:

Original poster here....problem was originally solved with a system restore but problem returned yesterday.  . . . .

23 hours ago, crawford said:

20 hours ago, maggie777 said:

Safari not working now for me.

1 hour ago, Happy2cruise said:

Firefox working for me today did not work the last 2 days!!!

-----

I have had the same problem using Firefox and Google Chrome for the last week or so; however, the Opera Browser has been working for me this entire time.

I just now tried again using all 3 browsers and only Opera is showing the data.

See attached test:

image.thumb.png.4c3435e82c1f592b8bb25ab222974d77.png

---

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2022 at 3:20 PM, EllieinNJ said:

EZ Air not working for me again.  Tried to modify price and error message came up again.  Called Princess and two different reps said they are instructed not to connect me to EZ Air because they are swamped with cancellations and changes because of the weather.  Suggested I email customer service with a copy of today's lower price, which I did.  I guess there are no guarantees.

Same here. I was able to book our return flight but not the departure flight. EZ Air won’t allow me to book that second flight.

image.png

I have been having the same problem getting the grey boxes when I try to look at future cruises on my laptop and my tablet.  I needed a new laptop so I purchased it yesterday with Windows 11 loaded on it and it works just fine.  No more grey boxes.  Go figure.  

On 2/25/2022 at 7:21 PM, Orlando Vic said:

Same here. I was able to book our return flight but not the departure flight. EZ Air won’t allow me to book that second flight.

image.png

I just posted an update in the thread about EZ Air not being easy.