Wino alert! “Wines around the world?” Anyone yet with the experience?

trex-de

Hi,

New benefit for Platinum.  Would love to hear of some who have taken the journey.  Good/bad/ugly.   Wine is such a fun and personal topic.  I cannot wait to hear about our new perk. 

Maybe this has been addressed, but I cannot get my iPad to search CC.

thanks

KG

38 minutes ago, Deb and Jack said:

Just off Joy, this is currently suspended actually never started, lol. Due to covid. Also cocktail party, behind scenes tour and dinner with officers out. $50 cabin credit instead. 

Currently on Pearl and all the above is suspended here too.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Deb and Jack said:

Just off Joy, this is currently suspended actually never started, lol. Due to covid. Also cocktail party, behind scenes tour and dinner with officers out. $50 cabin credit instead. 

If there was an option to take $50 credit instead of that lot then I’d pick the credit every time.

Edit - actually I probably would do the behind the scenes occasionally.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, goldmom said:

Did you have to ask for the credit or was it automatically added to your onboard account?  Thanks!

Go to CruiseNext desk and ask about wine tasting, dinner with officers, and ship tour...if they are not offering any of those (due to covid)...OBC will be added to your account.

Once everything is back to "normal"...No OBC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/20/2022 at 3:59 PM, Deb and Jack said:

Glad to hear about the cabin credit.  We were on the Encore in August and the Epic in October.  We missed out on the BTS tour and dinner with an officer.  We received zero, zilch, zip, nada as compensation on either sailing.

• Thanks 1

We were just on the Epic on a B2B and both times I went to Cruise Next desk to get my OBC and it was  $25.00. I asked if it was for each person and was told no, its per cabin. I was surprised as I had read on here it was $50.00.

3 hours ago, odie1024 said:

We were just on the Epic on a B2B and both times I went to Cruise Next desk to get my OBC and it was  $25.00. I asked if it was for each person and was told no, its per cabin. I was surprised as I had read on here it was $50.00.

Hmmm.....maybe it's $25 for the Platinum and up benefit.  Diamond is also supposed to get a Mixology experience.  Perhaps Diamond and Ambassador get $50 for missing the Wine tasting & Mixology experience???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Perhaps Diamond and Ambassador get $50 for missing the Wine tasting & Mixology experience???

Yes it is $50 for diamond (DH and myself) and $25 for platinum (friend)....not sure about sapphire, she wasn't with us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, odie1024 said:

I only got $25 as well. Figured it was per person 

On 2/20/2022 at 4:59 PM, Deb and Jack said:

Interesting... was on the Pearl last month and we didn't get anything. No OBC either.

4 hours ago, trex-de said:

Anyone with experience from last week?  My cruise is approaching and hope to take part. 

Suspended fleetwide - it will months if it ever get reinstated in my view as they are still petrified of COVID coming back 

Wine around the world may be cancelled fleet wide, but a couple weeks ago on my Bliss sailing the dailies definitely included wine/chocolate and wine/cheese pairings as something we could do that day. I did not try to book them though. 

Just off Gem.  No wines around the world or BTS tour.  Did get our $50 OBC from Latitudes, but you have to go and ask about it, they don't just automatically give you the OBC.  I went asking about the Wine around the world and he said they aren't running any of the programs currently, but said they were offering the $50 OBC as an alternative.

• Like 1

Those events were also canceled on my 2 recent cruises. Dec & Feb, both on the Bliss. I would venture to guess the Wines Around the World is somewhat of a tasting event. While visiting the Cellars wine bar, I did this numerous times, the bar tender did tell me that they had not been able to get some of the wines they had ordered. One of which was a favorite of mine. On day 3 of the Feb cruise they had removed it from the menus. They did still have some at the Cellar, but that was about it.  So perhaps they felt they couldn't do a decent "Wines Around the World" event without certain wines.?  Since you can sit in a bar and drink without a mask on, it's hard to believe this is cancelled due to covid. But that's just me. 

• Like 1