"Live" from Allure of the Seas: Feb 27th - March 5th

binro01

On 2/23/2022 at 7:59 AM, binro01 said:

So today is packing / clothes washing of the new stuff day. We have a total of 9 nights to pack for.

Two pre cruise nights at my parents home in Jupiter Florida, six nights on the Allure of the Seas, and one post cruise night in Fort Lauderdale before our morning flight home to the Salt Lake City freezer.

We are hairless apes for crying out loud. We are not built for this weather. I will morn the loss of warmth when we get back home from vacation. 

My packing list:

4 dress slacks (2 black, 1 beige, 1 white cream)

5 sport shorts.

4 dress shorts.

3 pastel polos

2 cotton/spandex collared golf shirts.

2 white dress shirts

3 button down collared shirts (1 short sleeve)

1 blazer

2 ties

5 nice tee shirts.

3 swimming trunks 

2 swim shirts

1 light jacket

2 pajama bottoms

10 pairs of underwear,

10 pairs of socks

1 pair of dress shoes,

1 pair of sandals (casual dressy)

1 pair of slides,

1 pair of swim shoes,

1 pair of sneakers (worn) 

Bathroom toiletries (travel sized)

The wife’s packing list: everything in the closet till I get rid of 2 suitcases she packed and say “Shrink the contents to fit in one case.”

This will not be an acceptable retort. I will get a scowl, followed by doe eyes that I can’t deny requesting to bring two cases and I give in.

She knows me too well.

Yesterday, she was out and about for foir hours and came back with five giant bags of stuff. I was more annoyed about the four hours in stores than the stuff.

Dang cootie people. We were supposed to be on lockdown before our testing. But she hates buying cloths online, and is a procrastinator to the core.

Now she is battling her beautiful blue eyes again and talking about this wonderful luggage set she saw yesterday. I going to go off on a limb here and predict that I will be placing my items in new luggage today once I’m done with work. It’s a guess, but an educated one.

Omg. Pack half that. You will never wear all that. 

• Like 1

So this is my 2 night pre-cruise relaxation spot prior to calling Allure my home tomorrow. My parents home in Jupiter Florida. 

I say it’s probably the best Air B&B you can find. Not just in Florida, but the world.

It’s so nice to just relax a couple days before getting on the ship. It makes the hectic embarkation day seem less hectic, and gets you into vacation mode before even seeing the ship.

People say, because of travel concerns, fly the day before the cruise. I say fly two days before. Not just for travel concerns but mainly for the vibe of vacation seeping into you before getting on the ship. It does the body good.

DFE9C143-A7FA-44E6-A9E3-C8A41D0FAA29.jpeg

449A4B51-BF48-4E1B-8E6F-C9BA8A192272.jpeg

A8827A66-47B3-41F9-A77C-4203EF55A7D1.jpeg

F1266D56-7EA5-43BC-88AF-161B95C719DA.jpeg

B5E08081-F4E2-413D-9A25-BE8B50AF501E.jpeg

• Like 10

On 2/22/2022 at 8:48 PM, binro01 said:

Wife and I love card games. So our cruise always includes packing a deck of cards and some other card game.

1C771F75-A5B3-4113-BB2F-A2FEC4E3CDA1.jpeg

Thank you for sharing your time and love your thread.

By the way we have that same tablecloth.

Safe journey

• Like 1

they are currently going around the ship, posting the new signs reflecting the changes in mask rules. We have been on for 4 weeks, and will be heading home for a week, then back for 2 more weeks. It will be nice to see how well the new rules work out.

BTW,  we generally can make the trip to Port Everglades from our home in Palm Beach Gardens in 45 minutes.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

they are currently going around the ship, posting the new signs reflecting the changes in mask rules. We have been on for 4 weeks, and will be heading home for a week, then back for 2 more weeks. It will be nice to see how well the new rules work out.

BTW,  we generally can make the trip to Port Everglades from our home in Palm Beach Gardens in 45 minutes.

Can you ask the C&A loyalty rep how many people they expect on the cruise I will be on?

13 hours ago, binro01 said:

So this is my 2 night pre-cruise relaxation spot prior to calling Allure my home tomorrow. My parents home in Jupiter Florida. 

I say it’s probably the best Air B&B you can find. Not just in Florida, but the world.

It’s so nice to just relax a couple days before getting on the ship. It makes the hectic embarkation day seem less hectic, and gets you into vacation mode before even seeing the ship.

People say, because of travel concerns, fly the day before the cruise. I say fly two days before. Not just for travel concerns but mainly for the vibe of vacation seeping into you before getting on the ship. It does the body good.

DFE9C143-A7FA-44E6-A9E3-C8A41D0FAA29.jpeg

449A4B51-BF48-4E1B-8E6F-C9BA8A192272.jpeg

A8827A66-47B3-41F9-A77C-4203EF55A7D1.jpeg

F1266D56-7EA5-43BC-88AF-161B95C719DA.jpeg

B5E08081-F4E2-413D-9A25-BE8B50AF501E.jpeg

Got a weird question for you? What is the size of that island(with sink) in that kitchen, if you have a chance could you take a few more pictures of it ? all the sides  please? We are remodeling our kitchen  and wondering  what our kitchen will look like with that size island?

Edited by Jimbo

Went to the bank today to grab some cash for souvenirs at port and for cash tips on board that I like to give above and beyond the auto gratuities when I receive direct service from the hard workers on board. I been blessed in my life.

We will be heading to the port tomorrow at around 9:15 AM and should get there by 10:30 for our 11:00 AM boarding time.

The plan is to get my dinner reservations taken care of immediately and then dealing with our entertainment reservations. 

We will then take in an embarkation lunch and then get the lay of the ship.

Lots of photos to come tomorrow. Let’s get ready to cruise!

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Got a weird question for you? What is the size of that island(with sink) in that kitchen, if you have a chance could you take a few more pictures of it ? all the sides  please? We are remodeling our kitchen  and wondering  what our kitchen will look like with that size island?

It’s a bar not an island. (Attached to a wall) I took a few more pictures for you. The size is 9 feet x 3’9” 

003EA755-8305-4D97-9A9E-E66944496ED8.jpeg

8CE5DFFC-1E81-4345-AA40-325D496B40C1.jpeg

DBBBA316-EB6B-4FAB-9737-E28E669ACD8B.jpeg

4A342857-01CC-45DD-BE08-5EBDF2779835.jpeg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, binro01 said:

It’s a bar not an island. (Attached to a wall) I took a few more pictures for you. The size is 9 feet x 3’9” 

003EA755-8305-4D97-9A9E-E66944496ED8.jpeg

8CE5DFFC-1E81-4345-AA40-325D496B40C1.jpeg

DBBBA316-EB6B-4FAB-9737-E28E669ACD8B.jpeg

4A342857-01CC-45DD-BE08-5EBDF2779835.jpeg

Got it thanks  We are looking at getting one 10ft  x 6ft with cabinets on both sides and seating  for maybe 2 or 3 people on one side of  one of the 6ft ends.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

My MIL also lives in Jupiter. If you ever have a chance to go to the sea turtle rescue there, it is my fav. One of my partners (MrCatLady) adopts me a sea turtle from there every year for Channukah. So much fun!

does anyone reading know if Allure has an escape room, and if so, whether it is operating?

• Like 1

Had a wonderful day and a half with my parents before our cruise. Great dinner at Carmine's, and a fun barbecue with my brother, sister-in-law and three nephews at my parents house the following day. 

We are all packed up and ready to go to Port Everglades in about an hour.

That should put us at the port around 10:15 AM for our 11:00 AM check in time. Just got my notifications from the Royal app informing me the same thing. Ahh the serendipity.

Life is short people. Enjoy your family while you have them on this earth with you and make memories vs accumulating things.

Memories will be with you forever and they are easily transported from place to place, and I believe we take these memories from this place where our energy currently resides to it’s next transformed existence.

8BAD156E-5A77-4361-9F86-A7C2E9D3F231.jpeg

• Like 16