P & O cancelled Auckland departures

6 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I would like Darwin to be a destination during the winter months.

Given how popular those Northern Explorer Princess cruises are you would think that P&O Oz would have jumped on the bandwagon and put up some of their own. I'm sure that they would sell out, especially in winter.

• Like 1

We have just cancelled a 14 night P & O cruise out of Sydney in October, and replaced it with a 7 Night domestic one out of Brisbane.

This was based on the probability of the 14 nighter actually happening because of the international destinations (also the cost saving as we are supposedly heading to Canada next year and have booked an Alaska cruise with Holland America 🙂 )

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

And I don't think we would fly to from Melbourne to Brisbane to do such a cruise.

I would like Brisbane to Darwin but not during summer. Winter would be fantastic. Even our booked cruise to PNG is a bit dicey weather wise - hot and humid. Last time we were in Darwin, ot was the beginning of April and still too hot and humid for us southerners.

I have booked a cruises from Brisbane to Tassie.

just getting a holiday would be nice on a ship.   I have plenty of FF points so flight is no issue .   

eileen

2 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Given how popular those Northern Explorer Princess cruises are you would think that P&O Oz would have jumped on the bandwagon and put up some of their own. I'm sure that they would sell out, especially in winter.

Your wish has been granted.

Great Australian Explorer

28 nights Sydney, Australia roundtrip cruise onboard Pacific Explorer

Asia, Oceania, Australia
Sydney, Australia roundtrip
06 Jun 2024
28 nights

This from the P&O website: "We’re excited to announce our first 28-night mainland Australia circumnavigation in 90 years on Pacific Explorer. Departing from Brisbane or Sydney in June 2024, the historic voyage will take guests to 11 iconic Australian ports, living up to its titular name, the ‘Australian Explorer’ cruise. One to cross off your bucket list."

2 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Half granted. I have my doubts about the wisdom of crossing the Bight in June. 🥶

As do I! No way would I be on that cruise in June! From Sydney/Brisbane to Perth and return around the top end would be better.

You could always take the 19 day option and start in Perth on the 15th of June and avoid the bight altogether.

No suites or mini's left for this sector though.

I like the intinerary as it includes Broome, Yampi Sound, Raft Point and Kuri Bay for this sector and I haven't seen these places yet.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 7:26 PM, Chiliburn said:

I hate to say it but I think that’s the case for all NZ cruises.

I think you might be right Chiliburn, there will be no cruises to New Zealand till next season.

Unless the New Zealand government changes there tune.

• 4 weeks later...

What’s the P&O cancelation Policies?

Some friends are looking at doing a cruise out of Sydney in August and if it’s canceled can they get a refund?

Also , if they can’t go if they test positive can they get a refund.

They just don’t want to be stuck with a credit that they don’t want .

23 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

What’s the P&O cancelation Policies?

Some friends are looking at doing a cruise out of Sydney in August and if it’s canceled can they get a refund?

Also , if they can’t go if they test positive can they get a refund.

They just don’t want to be stuck with a credit that they don’t want .

I have had a refund from P and O after they cancelled a cruise.   Refund was processed very quickly,    Do not know about if you have Covid?

eileen

• Haha 1