Special Carnival "Sailabration" menus?

Cruisin4aBruisin73

24 minutes ago, May1cruiser said:

Rumor was that midnight buffet is a no - go. But only rumor. Also heard baked Alaska.

I did see a post of guys burger with a "50th" logo branded(toasted) into top of bun

I thought the gala midnight buffet was one of the highlights they were using to promote those special cruises?

add: just saw your cruise signature, guess you'll find out on your 3/5 cruise.

Edited by mondello
Add
  • Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, BossyKat said:

John said there would be no midnight buffet.  Something to do with the Covid restrictions.  

Ask him, is he sure about that.

Guest BasicSailor
2 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

The gala buffet got axed due to Covid restrictions. It is being replaced with a special dinner menu, that is currently TBA,

News to me, thanks, makes me wonder what else gest hacked to pieces .

Edited by BasicSailor

I was suspecting the midnight buffet got canceled because none of the recent announcements say anything about it. I also imagine we won't have any idea on the special menus until the first ship sails.

Either way, I'm on one of the sailings on 3/5 and I'm interested to see what happens.

• Like 1

My guess is Carnival swag to buy, $15 commemorative drinks to buy, baked alaska that I believe we have already had, a resurrected Funship Freddie, Dr Suess characters with 50th Anniversary sway on, a special 50th Anniversary photo op that you can buy, and a meeting at sea with no midnight buffet and dancing on Lido. Logos burnt into Guys buns and the tortillas at Blue Iguana... otherwise I'm not expecting much that doesn't cost the passengers

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

I was suspecting the midnight buffet got canceled because none of the recent announcements say anything about it. I also imagine we won't have any idea on the special menus until the first ship sails.

Either way, I'm on one of the sailings on 3/5 and I'm interested to see what happens.

The first ship has sailed...

3 hours ago, BossyKat said:

John said there would be no midnight buffet.  Something to do with the Covid restrictions.  

Lololol like he did the every other morning bacon was due to supply chain issues and would only last 3 or 4 weeks. .. 

Covid restrictions my foot. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

That would be all Carnival needs - a 50th Anniversary Super Spreader Midnight Buffet across the fleet.

What would be a super spreader event holding it at midnight vs regular buffets.. nuts. 

Covid isnt more spreadable at midnight than during breakfast or other meals that are a buffet. They could even serve like rcl does if what you say was true. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lololol like he did the every other morning bacon was due to supply chain issues and would only last 3 or 4 weeks. .. 

Covid restrictions my foot. 

Yeah that bacon is never coming back, folks.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

What would be a super spreader event holding it at midnight vs regular buffets.. nuts. 

Covid isnt more spreadable at midnight than during breakfast or other meals that are a buffet. They could even serve like rcl does if what you say was true. 

You’re much too logical! John did make a mistake and correct it about the 3 day testing rule but I’m afraid he may be right on the cancelation of buffet

3 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

You’re much too logical! John did make a mistake and correct it about the 3 day testing rule but I’m afraid he may be right on the cancelation of buffet

Oh I believe its cancelled . What I dont believe is because of some covid thing..cost cutting.

That being said if they drop the price some more for vista march 5, I might jump on. I'm just a realist. I know a excuse when I hear it. ..but sure I'd like to go.

5 hours ago, May1cruiser said:

Rumor was that midnight buffet is a no - go. But only rumor. Also heard baked Alaska.

I did see a post of guys burger with a "50th" logo branded(toasted) into top of bun

Baked Alaska on the last night would be great!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

More people cramming into a confined space. First the picture takers and then the porkers. Likely a higher percentage drunk and unsanitized. There are other dining venues sharing the load during normal meal times.

Nothing to do with the time.

• Haha 1