Will Celebrity move final payment for June cruises

LLWS_Uncle_Rick

13 minutes ago, TowandaUK said:

We are cruising at the end of July. Yesterday our cruise planner showed final payment due 21st May. Today it says “payment due by undefined”. Looks like a change may be on the way. 

Who are you sailing with? We are on Reflection end of July, ours still showing May 6th. Hopefully not another cancellation. 

5 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

Hopefully not another cancellation. 

Deferring the final payment date is not a concern for cruise line based itinerary cancelation.  Just the opposite.  If it is done it would be to allow booked passengers extra (30 days) time to determine the protocols likely in place with their sailing v them opting out at 90 days should things appear uncertain to help preserve existing - and potentially new - bookings.  It is a good thing. 

Previous RCCL cruises had the final payment date extended to 30 days prior to sailing.  Assuming Celebrity follows suit, this would be a step move - and likely the last one -  in place of the standard 90 day final payment window.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

39 minutes ago, Whitechapel girl said:

Final Payment is 60 days. We cruise 23rd May and due 22nd March 

Yes.... final payment on cruises through May is 60 days. The whole point of this thread is to inquire if that will be extended for June cruises and beyond....

1 minute ago, Jordanyaya1 said:

Booked on Apex sailing June 7th. As of this morning final payment due on March 9 (approximately 90days). 

RCCL just made that announcement yesterday.  If Celebrity is going to follow suit I would think they would typically do so by today or tomorrow.   

They may not, however, as RCCL caters primarily to families and with the different covid protocols with them and the higher volatility with family cancelations with protocol uncertainty, etc., they would be IMO more inclined to want to preserve their bookings by offering the delayed final payment.  They moved to a 30 day window last fall for bookings through April - this seems to be just another step for them before returning to the typical 90 day window.

We had to pay for 2 of our 3 April cruises 90 day in advance and then they changed the last one to 60 days.    Even after the change I contacted my TA and the computer showed it still at 90 days.   She called her Celebrity Rep and confirmed so I postponed payment to 60.   

I think they were seeing so  may cancellations at the 90 payment period they were forced to shift to 60.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think they were seeing so  may cancellations at the 90 payment period they were forced to shift to 60.

I've followed very closely this thread, since I have to make FP for our June 13rd cruise in the next couple of days....

Nothing so far.

• Like 1