MoveUp

foxnan

42 minutes ago, Mcfcforever said:

I'm just over 30 days out and my move up bid has one expired and the other I can't modify in anyway. It seems a bit early to be accepted. Has anyone else had a move up bid accepted so early?

I've been upgraded anywhere between 2- 30 days.    Normally at the 2-9 day range so it's not out of the question.

7 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

I think we may be on the same cruise - Equinox 3rd April? Both my bids are still pending, Aqua and Family veranda. The suite upgrade was too much this time. What I did notice was the minimum bids went up in the last few days - by about £100 each.

Wendy

Yes that is correct, I noticed they went up also. My aqua has been declined but my SS is pending and can't be changed.

4 hours ago, Cruising Princess said:

On my last cruise in November 2021 I was locked out of my move up bid for over 10 days. The lock out started more than 30 days out. I was going crazy waiting to confirm whether I got the category I really wanted. Was so happy when it finally came through!

Thank you for this news 🤞 we have got it then. I was going crazy last night when I couldn't edit it. 

1 hour ago, Mcfcforever said:

Yes that is correct, I noticed they went up also. My aqua has been declined but my SS is pending and can't be changed.

This happened to me on Royal and I won the bid - to an Owners Suite! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Wendy

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 9:19 AM, Gaynors said:

Just received the email that my Move Up bid was not accepted (about 50 hours out from sail away time).  A little disappointed since it appeared like there were over 200 cabins available in the category I was bidding (inside to balcony).  Granted, I put in the minimum bid... but with that many cabins still available 🙄 .  More importantly got back negative COVID test results!   Equinox here we come!

Enjoy your cruise.  Obviously what you were willing to pay was not enough.  What was the difference in cost between your inside category and the balcony cabin if you paid to uograde?  How much did you bid?

17 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Okay, this is so weird. I assumed that because I got my upgrade, that meant they had processed all the bids....

I just checked the inventory and as compared to yesterday, there is one additional room in my old category available (2C) and one fewer room in my new category available (A2). Is it really possible that mine is the only upgrade they processed?!?! The only other changes to inventory I see are that there is one additional 12 inside cabin available and one fewer FV Family Veranda available....

Checked inventory this morning and there are now two fewer A2 staterooms available than yesterday afternoon. There are still 67 AQ cabins total available. If they are processing bids, they are doing so VERY slowly to have only processed three in the past 24 hours. I still can't figure out why my minimum bid was accepted before so many others. I did get my new edocs this morning with my new luggage tags!

We got our official MoveUp notification...family veranda, here we come! 😁  The email notification from Celebrity came within a minute of the credit card charge. We're on the March 19 Summit sailing (5 nights), and had booked an interior cabin about a month ago. We put in 3 bids - $115 per person for AQ & Concierge, and $120 for the FV. Yesterday both our AQ & CC bids went to expired, and the FV bid pending and no option to modify, and we were notified of our successful bid and new cabin # today. What's funny is the total price we paid for the cruise + our MoveUp bid is still less than it would currently cost us to book another inside cabin right now! 

The only slight drawback is that we're on the 9th floor, and I would have preferred to be on the 7th or 8th instead of directly beneath the Sunset Bar. It looks like there are still FVs currently open on those decks.  But beggars can't be choosers, I suppose! 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, mrb5000 said:

We got our official MoveUp notification...family veranda, here we come! 😁  The email notification from Celebrity came within a minute of the credit card charge. We're on the March 19 Summit sailing (5 nights), and had booked an interior cabin about a month ago. We put in 3 bids - $115 per person for AQ & Concierge, and $120 for the FV. Yesterday both our AQ & CC bids went to expired, and the FV bid pending and no option to modify, and we were notified of our successful bid and new cabin # today. What's funny is the total price we paid for the cruise + our MoveUp bid is still less than it would currently cost us to book another inside cabin right now! 

The only slight drawback is that we're on the 9th floor, and I would have preferred to be on the 7th or 8th instead of directly beneath the Sunset Bar. It looks like there are still FVs currently open on those decks.  But beggars can't be choosers, I suppose! 

The advantage of being under the Sunset Bar is that I will be able to hand drinks down to you on your balcony. 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Update!!!   After being disappointed about my bid not being accepted with so many rooms available, we got a WONDERFUL surprise at check-in at the pier today..  a visit from the upgrade fairy!!!  We were upgraded from our cat 10 inside to a cat 1C deluxe balcony!!!  For Free!   Thank you Celebrity!!

1st time ever 😁😁😁

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Gaynors said:

Update!!!   After being disappointed about my bid not being accepted with so many rooms available, we got a WONDERFUL surprise at check-in at the pier today..  a visit from the upgrade fairy!!!  We were upgraded from our cat 10 inside to a cat 1C deluxe balcony!!!  For Free!   Thank you Celebrity!!

1st time ever 😁😁😁

Oh wow! That's fantastic!

10 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Enjoy your cruise.  Obviously what you were willing to pay was not enough.  What was the difference in cost between your inside category and the balcony cabin if you paid to uograde?  How much did you bid?

Actual cost when I bid was almost $1k more than what we paid, my bid was $350

53 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

The advantage of being under the Sunset Bar is that I will be able to hand drinks down to you on your balcony. 😋

Haha! As convenient as that would be...I tried calling Celebrity just to ask about switching cabins, since there were still a few other FVs showing as available on the 7th and 8th floors, and they were able to move us with no problem! Now we have one of the corner FVs on the 7th floor 🙂  Hopefully a bit more quiet, and can't complain about the gigantic balcony! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrb5000 said:

Haha! As convenient as that would be...I tried calling Celebrity just to ask about switching cabins, since there were still a few other FVs showing as available on the 7th and 8th floors, and they were able to move us with no problem! Now we have one of the corner FVs on the 7th floor 🙂  Hopefully a bit more quiet, and can't complain about the gigantic balcony! 

Awesome! Congrats!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gaynors said:

Actual cost when I bid was almost $1k more than what we paid, my bid was $350

I am sure you will have a great cruise.  
I see your $350 was for two people, so the minimum bid of $175.

If I really wanted to win the bid, I would have bid $502 ($251 pp),  but you never will know whether it would have won.  I assume the $1000 more for for two people.

Edited by jagoffee

21 hours ago, mrb5000 said:

Did you call to see if you can be moved to a different FV (assuming of course there are any others available)?  I’m reluctant to bid because I like my current cabin location.  If I could bid and have the option to move within the new category I’d be open to it.  Unfortunately no one seems to know if that’s possible.  

56 minutes ago, RickT said:

Did you call to see if you can be moved to a different FV (assuming of course there are any others available)?  I’m reluctant to bid because I like my current cabin location.  If I could bid and have the option to move within the new category I’d be open to it.  Unfortunately no one seems to know if that’s possible.  

Based on a few reports, it would be fair to say it is certainly possible.  But based on what is written in the Move Up policy and what has been reported by many others, it is certainly not guaranteed that you can change cabins. 

If you would be disappointed  with any potential cabin assignment when you win a bid, I suggest you avoid bidding,  IMO it would be risky to assume another cabin would be available and that Celebrity would let you move.   

1 hour ago, RickT said:

Yes I did call yesterday shortly after we were notified of the MoveUp, and was able to switch to another available FV with no trouble! They even let me pick exactly which cabin I wanted. The cabins that I could see as available in a mock booking were the same ones they told me were available. I would guess that won’t be as easy to do once the numbers go back up on cruises, but our sailing is only about 60% booked. So I wouldn’t necessarily count on that being an option when you place your bid, but it doesn’t hurt to call if it looks like there are cabins still available in the same category.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2022 at 10:18 AM, D C said:

Thanks.  That doesn't necessarily show 'real' availability, since you can't see blocks of rooms in the hands of TA's, but you can get some sense of how empty it is.  

There is a recall date for unsold TA cabins, which is well in advance of a sailing. No blocks of rooms would still be held this close. 
However, I do believe that X is not showing actual inventory, 

• Thanks 1

We got notified that our MoveUp bid was accepted for the incredibly lowball offer we made on a Concierge room from Veranda. I think they took $340 for both of us. Moved us to 1002, which seems it will be able to be seen from the command deck, which could be weird.

Have always been mid-ship before so being forward will be interesting.