Drink Package Discount

6 minutes ago, The Anchor Banker said:

Is there somewhere we can see when drink packages are discounted before we book the cruise? 

RCI has perpetual “sales” and prices can change daily - figure somewhere between $100 and $120 per day (assuming two of you) + 18%. 

23 minutes ago, The Anchor Banker said:

I can live with the $100 per day (yes there are 2 of us) but would just like to know the amount for sure before we book.  It's kind of a chicken and egg scenario.  I guess there is no way to lock in one of the sale prices before or while booking either?  

After you book you can always cancel and rebook if you find a better price.  Any thing under $55 pp pd  would be a decent price. Whatever price you pay will be hit with 18% at checkout.

This will be a last minute booking so cancelling and rebooking isn't really an option.  

Thank you for the suggestion to ask kindly in the Roll Call.  

I was hoping there was a site where this info might be posted so we knew for certain what the drink package was going to cost before we book the cruise.  As we are only a couple weeks away, I'd hate to book then find out the drink package is more than we are willing to pay.  There are other all inclusive options with other cruise lines that we are comparing it to.

37 minutes ago, The Anchor Banker said:

As we are only a couple weeks away, I'd hate to book then find out the drink package is more than we are willing to pay.

If the $100+ variation in the package price is a deal breaker, book with another cruise line. Other than the coffee card, virtually all other items in the planner vary in price. Again, if you are looking for a firm fixed price, look to another line. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, The Anchor Banker said:

This will be a last minute booking so cancelling and rebooking isn't really an option.  

Thank you for the suggestion to ask kindly in the Roll Call.  

I was hoping there was a site where this info might be posted so we knew for certain what the drink package was going to cost before we book the cruise.  As we are only a couple weeks away, I'd hate to book then find out the drink package is more than we are willing to pay.  There are other all inclusive options with other cruise lines that we are comparing it to.

For comparison purposes, I am on the 7 night Wonder of the Seas leaving in 2 weeks (March 11).   The beverage package as I type this is $1,156.40 per couple.   $70 per night per person plus 18% gratuity.   It has been a little lower than that but not a significant amount.  As we get closer to sailing I don't anticipate it dropping much.  It is spring break so they can probably charge a little more.

Edited by Longhorn Cruiser

6 hours ago, The Anchor Banker said:

I can live with the $100 per day (yes there are 2 of us) but would just like to know the amount for sure before we book.  It's kind of a chicken and egg scenario.  I guess there is no way to lock in one of the sale prices before or while booking either?  

Hi,

Go online to their website. Log In.  Click Beverage Packages, click the one you want and you will see the price you’ll pay. 

12 minutes ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

For comparison purposes, I am on the 7 night Wonder of the Seas leaving in 2 weeks (March 11).   The beverage package as I type this is $1,156.40 per couple.   $70 per night per person plus 18% gratuity.   It has been a little lower than that but not a significant amount.  As we get closer to sailing I don't anticipate it dropping much.  It is spring break so they can probably charge a little more.

That's the same price for my May 15th Harmony cruise. I was hoping for a President's day sale, but no luck. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 12:07 AM, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

Go online to their website. Log In.  Click Beverage Packages, click the one you want and you will see the price you’ll pay. 

They have not yet booked the cruise.

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2022 at 12:05 AM, smplybcause said:

Honestly from the cruise I have booked and what I've seen on here anything under $60 is starting to look like what's now considered a deal. My April hasn't been under 60 in well I can't remember and I didn't get it at that price. 

Yea, would love to see $60!!!   On Symphony in July and haven't seen anything below $64 in months, and I check it daily!!

On 2/24/2022 at 5:08 PM, The Anchor Banker said:

Like the fare (potential fuel charge notwithstanding), once you pay for it, it won't be increased.

I guess the problem is at the regular drink package price, I will choose a different cruise line.  However, if it were reasonably priced and I could know that and lock that in while I book, I would choose RC.  From what I am understanding, I won't have access to the live discounts being offered until AFTER I book which in this case is frustrating when the drink package could potentially cost nearly as much or possibly even more than the cruise.

We are not big drinkers by any means but rather just enjoy being able to have a drink whenever we feel like it without having to think about how much it's costing.  We never really considered a drink package until it was included on a couple Celebrity cruises and we found we loved it and it made the cruise far more relaxing and enjoyable.  We spent more time exploring the various lounges throughout the ship where we could grab a drink and enjoy the entertainment being offered or even just meet some new friends in a social setting.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Anchor Banker said:

I guess the problem is at the regular drink package price, I will choose a different cruise line.  However, if it were reasonably priced and I could know that and lock that in while I book, I would choose RC.  From what I am understanding, I won't have access to the live discounts being offered until AFTER I book which in this case is frustrating when the drink package could potentially cost nearly as much or possibly even more than the cruise.

We are not big drinkers by any means but rather just enjoy being able to have a drink whenever we feel like it without having to think about how much it's costing.  We never really considered a drink package until it was included on a couple Celebrity cruises and we found we loved it and it made the cruise far more relaxing and enjoyable.  We spent more time exploring the various lounges throughout the ship where we could grab a drink and enjoy the entertainment being offered or even just meet some new friends in a social setting.  

Well to be honest, "discounted" is a relative term.   I'd say you'd be safe planning to buy the drink package at $70 per person, per day plus the 18% gratuity.   If you're comfortable with that then welcome aboard!!   

There is a chance that the price will be offered lower than that at some point before your sail date.  If that happens then just cancel your original purchase and buy it again at the lower price.   Will temporarily tie up that money, but it will be refunded to you within a week or so.   If it drops again, do it again!!!   It's kind of stupid, but that's the game RCCL plays!!!

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 12:03 AM, Longhorn Cruiser said:

At that price it’s about 75 drinks at $13 for a 7 night cruise per couple to break even. I’m not buying it unless it drops back to the prices I used to buy it at. $48-$53 per night range. We’d never come out ahead at $70.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 4:47 PM, Biker19 said:

RCI has perpetual “sales” and prices can change daily - figure somewhere between $100 and $120 per day (assuming two of you) + 18%. 

Wow what cruise is that on? Right now my October 30th is $69.99 - our last cruise I got it for $49. 

On 2/24/2022 at 4:39 PM, The Anchor Banker said:

Is there somewhere we can see when drink packages are discounted before we book the cruise? 

We have found a Royal Caribbean cruise we really like but the cost of the drink package is holding us back.  

Book it - you can cancel the drink package and rebuy it as you see better prices. Our October 30 on Harmony shows $69.99 and I'll pay that, but it will be lower. You just have to watch

Just now, Biker19 said:

The price I mentioned is for two people (per cabin), not per person.

Oh that's good! I look at it per person since that's how Royal quotes it, but I get it since everyone in the cabin of age has to get it.

17 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

At that price it’s about 75 drinks at $13 for a 7 night cruise per couple to break even. I’m not buying it unless it drops back to the prices I used to buy it at. $48-$53 per night range. We’d never come out ahead at $70.

Also have to remember that on a 7 day cruise you will probably be in port for 3 of those and not using the package.   Have to make up for on sea days.    At least you can use it on Coco Cay if you are going there.

• Like 1