WHICH Walgreens test???

layteacher

The bottom one (the antigen test) is not offered at Walgreens in my area, but it is acceptable for vaccinated people for Royal Caribbean if your Walgreens offers it.

We have used the middle one…IDNow.  It is a rapid NAAT and those are also accepted by Royal Caribbean.  The test was done on site locally and we got our results in less than an hour.  

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, layteacher said:

Cruising first of April. Only have one drugstore in my town, Walgreens. Are either of the last two test acceptable on RC? 

274232342_1638227949874051_2847665288138570610_n.jpg

rapid id or antigen is accepted.  By us, Walgreens only does the Rapid ID test but it is acceptable

We just used IDnow. So easy. It takes like 3 minutes and u will get an email within an hour. It says up to 24 hours but both times we used it they said we will get results in an hour at most. Easy and free. 

Edited by renza
  • Like 1

Either the second or the third are rapid tests and so are good choices, but around me the rapid antigen are more available, since they're the same Abbott ones in the home tests. The only trouble is that the rapid antigen isn't supposed to be used for travel, but is acceptable if you've had close contact with a known covid case or had symptoms yourself. So I just say that I've had close contact, since I probably have, and check that I'm not using it for travel. They don't check when you go for the test, don't ask questions, and don't ask to see insurance--you just get a swab and paperwork, and an hour or so later you get sent a link for your results. Always have a back-up, though, because at the height of omicron and travel testing demand before Christmas they canceled my appointment at the last moment, and if I hadn't had an emed home test I would have had to pay for a test at LAX or at the pier. 

Either is fine. I've used both for my 8 RC cruises so far. I leave Sunday and did the Rapid Diagnostic test - NAAT - today. I received the results within 30 minutes, however, when I asked, the pharmacy staff told me length of time for results would be dependent on the lab who processes the test. I used Rapid Diagnostic test once before with no problems at check-in. All my other tests were Rapid Antigen.

Edited by NRWPA