Southampton Hotel

Deafcruise

1 hour ago, Deafcruise said:

Hi,

This is our first time cruise holiday and we decided to go with Cunard QG. We will be sailing from Southampton and undecided if we will be travelling by car or train.

Any good hotel nearby? 

What people do in terms of parking?

Personally one would stay overnight at Limewood, then drive to Southampton and park with Parking4Cruises.  At the end of the cruise, walk 200 yards, load, drive home.

Or if one wishes to be very close to the Cruise Terminal - Southampton Harbour

But if liking a small boutique hotel then - Pig in the Wall - Ennios

Lastly, also consider a traditional old world pub with character, good rooms and food - The White Star Tavern

Happy selecting 

Harbour Hotel and Spa. No contest. Parking is free and they will valet park the car for you if you want. When you’re ready to depart, it’s a 2 min drive to the cruise terminal and having pre booked CPS parking, you just unload the car and hand the keys over.

15 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Personally one would stay overnight at Limewood, then drive to Southampton and park with Parking4Cruises.  At the end of the cruise, walk 200 yards, load, drive home.

Or if one wishes to be very close to the Cruise Terminal - Southampton Harbour

But if liking a small boutique hotel then - Pig in the Wall - Ennios

Lastly, also consider a traditional old world pub with character, good rooms and food - The White Star Tavern

Happy selecting 

Thanks 

15 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Harbour Hotel and Spa. No contest. Parking is free and they will valet park the car for you if you want. When you’re ready to depart, it’s a 2 min drive to the cruise terminal and having pre booked CPS parking, you just unload the car and hand the keys over.

Thanks 

I cannot seem to be able to find which terminal we will sail from (Leaving on 10th Dec for 5 nights) am I right thinking if we book CPS car park and it doesn’t matter which terminal as CPS cover all main terminals?

It’s rather confusing as its our first time so no idea how this works.

20 minutes ago, Deafcruise said:

I cannot seem to be able to find which terminal we will sail from (Leaving on 10th Dec for 5 nights) am I right thinking if we book CPS car park and it doesn’t matter which terminal as CPS cover all main terminals?

It does not matter… All departure and arrival terminals covered.  No worries.

Enjoy the QM….

17 hours ago, Deafcruise said:

Whether you sail from Ocean or Mayflower CPS will be there to collect your car and also on your return, even has happened in the past terminal disembarkation changed last minute, they will deliver your car to the correct terminal for your disembarkation.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

But also possibly the dearest and way out of budget for most just for one night pre cruise.

One recommended Lime Wood with a similar price to Southampton Harbour, along with others at various price points.  
One pays the price for where one wishes to stay.  

May one ask as to what is the budget for “most”?

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

One recommended Lime Wood with a similar price to Southampton Harbour, along with others at various price points.  
One pays the price for where one wishes to stay.  

May one ask as to what is the budget for “most”?

Not £200+ for room only.

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

But also possibly the dearest and way out of budget for most just for one night pre cruise.

You get what you pay for and what you are used to!

The OP is in QG so may well think that is acceptable.I am certainly happy to do for a quality experience 

We stayed in December at the Southampton Harbour & Spa for the first time. It was well worth the extra money for the convenience and service was far superior than some of the other properties we have stayed at over the years. Particularly important in respect of cleanliness during the COVID outbreak.

30 minutes ago, Deafcruise said:

Cardiff 🙂

I only asked because you mentioned the possibility of coming on the train. I know there is a through train from Cardiff, but not much room for luggage, and, to be safe, you would still want to come down the day before. So, all in all, coming by car and staying over night would be much more relaxing. Whether it's worth staying in an expensive hotel, rather than, say, a Premier Inn, I'm not sure. I'd certainly stay in Soton, not in the New Forest.

1 hour ago, Mickb said:

You get what you pay for and what you are used to!

The OP is in QG so may well think that is acceptable.I am certainly happy to do for a quality experience 

"A quality experience" £200+ for room only with not even a breakfast I bet the tea bags and coffee in your room are the highest quality.

2 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

We've got the train from Cardiff a couple of times but we usually drive and stay somewhere locally, not always in Southampton itself.

2 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

We've got the train from Cardiff a couple of times but we usually drive and stay somewhere locally, not always in Southampton itself.

Much as I love the train, I think training down from Cardiff on the day would be a bit unnerving. 😀

26 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Thanks as it our first time so will arrive night before and enjoy the hotel etc. (we have booked Harbour Hotel) 

54 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I only asked because you mentioned the possibility of coming on the train. I know there is a through train from Cardiff, but not much room for luggage, and, to be safe, you would still want to come down the day before. So, all in all, coming by car and staying over night would be much more relaxing. Whether it's worth staying in an expensive hotel, rather than, say, a Premier Inn, I'm not sure. I'd certainly stay in Soton, not in the New Forest.

Thanks