Live from Wonder of the Seas! March 4 to 11, 2022 Inaugural Cruise!

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

CD Mike on his daily TV morning show stated mask are required on the pier and in stores.  Proof of vax should be brought when leaving the ship in case it is asked for in Nassau.  Unvax (kids) must take a ship excursion to leave the ship.  

I find that interesting.When we were here last week on Freedom we were told at the end of the pier that we were to wear masks  at all times unless actively drinking or eating outside. Guess we will see if that has changed when we get off today.

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is this fascination that Nassau and Puerto Rico have with masks on the pier?🙄

Don’t get me started.  I had to rewrite my post before posting.   I have some thoughts and opinions but I decided just to report what is stated and experienced.  I’m biting my tongue.   😎

• Like 10

45 minutes ago, NSnewcruiser said:

I find that interesting.When we were here last week on Freedom we were told at the end of the pier that we were to wear masks  at all times unless actively drinking or eating outside. Guess we will see if that has changed when we get off today.

Please post your experience. I will be there in a few weeks. It gets hot in Old San Juan in the afternoon!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Please post your experience. I will be there in a few weeks. It gets hot in Old San Juan in the afternoon!

I will report our Nassau experience later.Our experience in San Juan was we had to wear mask on the pier and while in shops.Didnt have to walking around.Some observations were,some ppl working in shops weren't wearing masks,most were.Also did notice on our way back some passengers didn't wear masks on the pier and nothing was said to them.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NSnewcruiser said:

I will report our Nassau experience later.Our experience in San Juan was we had to wear mask on the pier and while in shops.Didnt have to walking around.Some observations were,some ppl working in shops weren't wearing masks,most were.Also did notice on our way back some passengers didn't wear masks on the pier and nothing was said to them.

That was the same my experience in Nassau, I pulled my mask off immediately upon exiting the ship.  Shops have varying degrees of mask wearing compliance.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, NSnewcruiser said:

Thanks. I actually meant to say Nassau in my post as I will be there, too. I'm interest in what is happening at both ports.

• Like 1

@twangster I was going to wait till the end, but my next few days will be busy.   Thanks for one of the best live reviews/post in a long time.  Perhaps I could have said best ever, but after 2 years of not cruising I'm finding my memory is fading, and as  you said, "As I recall"    My recollection is fading !  Some photos may seem obscure to some people, but having spent a small 28 days on this class of ship, I was able to get something out of every pic/.post.

THANKS!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. I actually meant to say Nassau in my post as I will be there, too. I'm interest in what is happening at both ports.

We briefly went off in Nassau. I never wore my mask  leaving the ship to all the way to the end of the pier and out in the streets.Not one person from RCL,pier security, and Nassau police said one word to me about not wearing a mask.I did have to wear it going into shops.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NSnewcruiser said:

We briefly went off in Nassau. I never wore my mask  leaving the ship to all the way to the end of the pier and out in the streets.Not one person from RCL,pier security, and Nassau police said one word to me about not wearing a mask.I did have to wear it going into shops.

Thanks. That is how Nassau was when I was there in January.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surfguyxxx said:

What's a Covid deck?  Where they test you before you get off the ship?  

Covid quarantine. When we were on Odyssey in January, some people in our group got moved from their deck 6 cabin to deck 8, with $100 OBC for the inconvenience.  They were told that their cabins were needed for possible Covid quarantines.     Wonder did the same thing, as there was someone who was moved from her deck 6 cabin.  Hopefully they weren't used.

• Like 1

Yum! That B.E.L.T. from JR is always my favorite breakfast! Very happy it was added to the menu!

BTW, it looks like Playmaker's on the Wonder is a great location! On the Odyssey, you can only access Playmaker's by stairs and "there is no restroom up there!" Not a good thing for us old farts who like their beer!!😲 I also am the main sports fan between DH and I, especially during NFL season. They need to make changes to that venue IMO. Maybe it would help if those with higher status would complain.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Covid quarantine. When we were on Odyssey in January, some people in our group got moved from their deck 6 cabin to deck 8, with $100 OBC for the inconvenience.  They were told that their cabins were needed for possible Covid quarantines.     Wonder did the same thing, as there was someone who was moved from her deck 6 cabin.  Hopefully they weren't used.

Thank you for your expediency; much appreciated.  

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

Random artwork around the ship.

824B4B2E-0EC8-42DC-9CE4-913440E6BD64.thumb.jpeg.a5b28b68a93afe6308d93cb9d1f2e188.jpeg

CECFB8F6-F83E-418D-A99F-8FB86F4637E5.thumb.jpeg.b132e16d290d645cd183d4989f87d4c8.jpeg

6EA4F0D9-45EC-4DD6-9947-5455B58AFD4C.thumb.jpeg.f3a7ac8f17a5797dd9a892638f82e149.jpeg

03C68640-CCE9-4E25-8EAF-E9621FBA4108.thumb.jpeg.1aa97633f0868b827529f2058c4e2f3b.jpeg

thanks I was wondering if you would do these.  I told the other fellow doing a live to not overlook the wonderful art in the stair wells.

• Like 1