Sale Ending - Cabin on Hold?

In Toronto

The Best Ever Sale is ending today, I understand.  We need another couple of days to arrange.  

If we put a cabin on hold, do we get the Sale price even though it is past the sale ending date when we finalize it?

We deal with a big box travel agent, can we pass the booking over to them?

Thanks for your help.

You will only get the pricing that is offered when you place a deposit down on a cruise.  Holding it does nothing to ensure the application of current pricing or promotions.  
As far as transferring your cruise to an outside agency, you can do that within a specified time period (I think it’s 30 - 45 days or something like that) but only before final payment.  If you haven’t put a deposit down, it would be easier to just make your deposit using the travel agency you intend to use.  

In general ( unless prohibited by the agency they work through) a TA can book a cruise for you ( locking in the promo) and extend the due date of the deposit.  If you have a TA you regularly work with it never hurts to ask them if they can do this.

Big Box rules and policies may prohibit this so you should speak to your TA directly.

Edited by Shelly97060

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

You will only get the pricing that is offered when you place a deposit down on a cruise.  Holding it does nothing to ensure the application of current pricing or promotions. 

57 minutes ago, patrickmoran said:

If you put a cabin on hold, the price and perks are guaranteed until the hold expires.

Why I love these boards!!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

If your PVP won't accept a deposit at the hold price (or lower -- sales vary), ask why. Both of mine did (retired & newbie)

6 hours ago, patrickmoran said:

Like all sales these days from the cruiselines and airlines it will be renewed as soon as it expires.

Not in this case. A new and different sale will start the day after this one ends.

13 hours ago, Ombud said:

If your PVP won't accept a deposit at the hold price (or lower -- sales vary), ask why. Both of mine did (retired & newbie)

I think my interpretation of a hold vs a booking differs.  I assumed the OP was just going into the Princess website to put a hold on a cabin.  If I call my PVP, she will actually create a booking even when she won’t require a deposit on that booking for several days.  
If your PVP or travel agent creates a booking, then yes, it will be at the current price.  If you just put a hold on a cabin on the website, then no, you will not get in on a past promotion.  

• Like 1

If I go into the website, select room, get to the final page, I have the option of putting down a deposit or getting a 3 day hold. If I select the hold then I'll get that price & promos even if the offer has expired or better. My PVP calls the next day and can also extend the hold (once extended a month while waiting for FCCs to process) 

Just now, Ombud said:

If I go into the website, select room, get to the final page, I have the option of putting down a deposit or getting a 3 day hold. If I select the hold then I'll get that price & promos even if the offer has expired or better. My PVP calls the next day and can also extend the hold (once extended a month while waiting for FCCs to process) 

this - extended hold waiting on FCC's

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

Exactly what happened to me.  My PVP extended my hold and locked in the price for 3 extra days.  Turned out that I didn't need them, but it was there for me if I had.

• Like 1