Dining Room Time:

1 minute ago, cruizzing said:

Makes   Sense.   We  just booked a cruise for  Jan. 2023, and the early dining is all booked  already.  So we  had to choose   the my Dining.  Not sure If I will care for that I think its nice to always have the same servers. 

1 minute ago, cruizzing said:

Same here.

We have done early dining, late seating, and My Time when we have booked too late to get reserved dining.  I can manage all of them, but I prefer early seating.  When we have My Time, the first thing we do it try to get the same time, same table, same waitstaff.  Having the same people each night is so much nicer for us - the know what I drink, they know what rolls to put in the breadbasket, there is a better flow to the meal.   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

We always do My Time and the times can vary depending on day, port of call, or other activity around that time.  But we always enjoy the cocktail hours (Diamond Lounge or elsewhere) before dinner, so typically we target the 7:00 - 7:30 timeframe.

Oh ,  so maybe my time  dining will work out  ok  for us.  I guess time  will tell. 

We always schedule the later dining (8:00-8:30).  We love to watch sailaway and the sunset.  Plus, we don't want to get back from a port early in order to get ready for early dinner.  We should probably do the My Time Dining, but we love the old fashioned MDR experience.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rdtpm64 said:

We always schedule the later dining (8:00-8:30).  We love to watch sailaway and the sunset.  Plus, we don't want to get back from a port early in order to get ready for early dinner.  We should probably do the My Time Dining, but we love the old fashioned MDR experience.

The experience is the same in the MDR with MTD - the only difference is your selection of dining times.  As mentioned above, you can request and will typically get the same table and service staff with MTD as with the standard dining time options.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

Just now, leaveitallbehind said:

You're welcome.  And welcome to CC.  Enjoy your cruises!

Thank you so much.  Fingers Crossed,   we  will be able to go to all ports, no cancellations.  due to the  C  word...... ugh! 

2 minutes ago, LouiseTom said:

Thank you so much.  Fingers Crossed,   we  will be able to go to all ports, no cancellations.  due to the  C  word...... ugh! 

Don't know what ship, date, or itinerary you are on, but with things easing up hopefully the cancelations will be less frequent.  With lowered passenger totals on board, the experience is very nice and in our recent two cruises since October, the service and atmosphere with the return to cruising has been very good.  Even if a port of call is changed, the overall experience should be good and I'm sure you will enjoy the cruise either way.  I think you just have to roll with the punches and accept that - at least for the short term - this is the environment in which we are able to cruise.

Enjoy!

We like late traditional dining (8:00 or 8:30) for a few reasons. We don't want to hurry back from ports to get ready for dinner, we do everything later on a cruise including sleeping in and staying up later, and we like the traditional dining so we don't have to wait in lines and can always just walk right to our table.

Love that they have options for early, late and MTD so people can pick what works best for them!

• Like 2

We always dine at the early seating which is usually either 5:30 or 6:00. That's the time that we at home so our internal clock doesn't get confused. This also gives us time to enjoy all the activities during the night without having to do it on a full stomach.

• Like 3

I just can’t eat at 5-6 so that has never been an option for me.  We always did late seating until MTD became available. Now we schedule around 8 but make changes depending on the port schedule for each day.  I don’t want to have to hurry back from a port or come in from the sun so early to get ready for dinner. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Don't know what ship, date, or itinerary you are on, but with things easing up hopefully the cancelations will be less frequent.  With lowered passenger totals on board, the experience is very nice and in our recent two cruises since October, the service and atmosphere with the return to cruising has been very good.  Even if a port of call is changed, the overall experience should be good and I'm sure you will enjoy the cruise either way.  I think you just have to roll with the punches and accept that - at least for the short term - this is the environment in which we are able to cruise.

Enjoy!

We don't  actually go until Jan. 18.  Smaller ship (Serenade)  then I would of Liked ( love Oasis class) but wanted to go to ports we havn't been  to before. We were booked for a Mediterranian  Cruise but cancellled  three times, due to Covid.    I am just looking forward to getting   away.  I usually roll with the punches and I will, I  am sure it will be  great regardless.   Its all what you make of it.   

Thanks  for  the conversation. 

4 hours ago, LouiseTom said:

We don't  actually go until Jan. 18.  Smaller ship (Serenade)  then I would of Liked ( love Oasis class) but wanted to go to ports we havn't been  to before. We were booked for a Mediterranian  Cruise but cancellled  three times, due to Covid.    I am just looking forward to getting   away.  I usually roll with the punches and I will, I  am sure it will be  great regardless.   Its all what you make of it.   

Thanks  for  the conversation. 

I have to believe that by then things will be much better.  While there always can be another strain developing, it seems as though we are handling the whole thing better as well.  We have two cruises completed since October and three planned between now and yours and remain optimistic that each one - as the two already completed - will be completely enjoyable and well worth doing.  I'm sure yours will be well worth it as well!

Serenade is a very nice ship - we were on her for a Southern Caribbean itinerary a number of years ago.  Certainly different from Oasis class ships, but the Radiance class is actually one of my favorites.  Enjoy your cruising.

Edited by leaveitallbehind