Face Masks.

Just received an email regarding our upcoming cruise Barcelona to Lisbon, it states that face coverings will be required onboard while indoors except while eating, drinking, exercising and in your suite. It looks like that at the moment all cruises when you embark in Europe face masks will still be required indoors while onboard.

An acquaintance who is works as cabin crew for an airline told me yesterday that both Spain and italy are dropping mask requirements in order to persuade tourists to return, unsurprisingly mask mandates are unpopular. Once a couple of EU countries do this, the domino effect will apply and more will follow in order to get the tourists.

• Like 1

FWIW, I do NOT like wearing the masks.  I wear/wore them if and when requested but would immediately take them off when I left any establishment that required one.  Just not a fan.

That said, there was a mask mandate on board when we sailed in January and even I, the mask-hater, didn't mind it that much.  It really wasn't that bothersome.

My point being - I wouldn't cancel a cruise over a mask requirement.  Spend more time eating, drinking, or being outdoors - no mask required - win/win!!

• Like 7

To each his own. We canceled the Viking June Grand cruise because of the mask requirements some time ago. But we would have canceled now because the the war. Too unsettled for my taste.

13 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

I really don’t see a problem wearing a mask, in fact I still wear one when shopping-0who cares what others think.

@ronrick1943 I'm about 40 years past caring what others think of me (fortunately!) - I just find masks somewhat stifling and uncomfortable.  Probably one of the reasons I didn't become a doctor...or an armed robber...   😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, LewiLewi said:

Are Covid negative tests still required by airlines to fly from Europe back to the USA? We are thinking of taking the Regent TA in Nov.

Last I checked they were, many European countries no longer require testing just vaccination & booster.

We (the US) seem a little slow to relinquish some of the protocols hopefully they remove them soon.

Delta (& other airlines) has a link which will tell you what the procedures are for different destinations & back

https://www.delta.com/us/en/travel-planning-center/know-before-you-go/travel-requirements-guide

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

@ronrick1943 I'm about 40 years past caring what others think of me (fortunately!) - I just find masks somewhat stifling and uncomfortable.  Probably one of the reasons I didn't become a doctor...or an armed robber...   😛

I agree, but in the last few years I haven’t had a cold or flu or anything else you can get from someone………just saying😋

I don't have a problem putting on a mask for short periods in a hotel or on cruise ship.  Wearing one for 12+ hours on a long flight is very annoying and the enforcement on planes is very unpredictable. 

On a recent long flight the stewardess handed me some nuts, I took off the mask to eat them and she yelled at me to put the mask on to order my drink.  Huh?   The same stewardess came over to me and told me to put my mask on in between sips of wine, she said nothing to the women next to me who sat without a mask which she hadn't worn for an hour.  

I've followed all the mask requirements for two years IMO its time for them to go.  CDC just extended the requirement, great.

• Like 3