Are Covid test still required for April sailings?

I looked on the website and can not find anything about if covid tests are still need for April sailings. When I did my check in there was not mention under the "what you need to do to prepare for your cruise" as far as a negative test,  just the vaccine.  Please post a link if you have one with the information for April.

On 3/4/2022 at 5:08 PM, smokeybandit said:

RC hasn't officially said anything about protocols after April 14, but with the new CSO, you can be guaranteed testing will be required.

Wild guess...CSO??

COVID-19 Information Hub ... This Information Hub has been developed and is maintained by the Central Statistics Office (CSO). It reports on the changing state of ...Health ·
Edited by DeputyDawg46

On 3/4/2022 at 5:36 PM, TreeCity said:

I looked on the website and can not find anything about if covid tests are still need for April sailings. When I did my check in there was not mention under the "what you need to do to prepare for your cruise" as far as a negative test,  just the vaccine.  Please post a link if you have one with the information for April.

We're cruising April 2 and 14th (b2b) and yes testing is required for both as of now.  It's on Royal's website.  It's also part of the check in.  It's one of the things that pops up.  You need to look again.

Current protocols:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center?icid=hlthys_wrnssn_hlt_nbrdxp_pghdr_3467

Edited by BND
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BND said:

We're cruising April 2 and 14th (b2b) and yes testing is required for both as of now.  It's on Royal's website.  It's also part of the check in.  It's one of the things that pops up.  You need to look again.

Current protocols:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center?icid=hlthys_wrnssn_hlt_nbrdxp_pghdr_3467

Thanks for the link. It is still not showing up on the check in for April 18.

33 minutes ago, TreeCity said:

Thanks for the link. It is still not showing up on the check in for April 18.

When you open the "check-in" on the app a page pops up that says "Be ready to board" and it has statements about vaccinations and testing.  And, at the bottom is a blue box that says "continue to checkin".  Testing is required.  Nothing about pre cruise testing has changed at this point. 

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, BND said:

When you open the "check-in" on the app a page pops up that says "Be ready to board" and it has statements about vaccinations and testing.  And, at the bottom is a blue box that says "continue to checkin".  Testing is required.  Nothing about pre cruise testing has changed at this point. 

TreeCity is correct- those statements do not show up on the April 18th check in screen of the App.  That said- I think testing will continue to be a requirement so I already purchased my tests and will be ready.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chines03 said:

TreeCity is correct- those statements do not show up on the April 18th check in screen of the App.  That said- I think testing will continue to be a requirement so I already purchased my tests and will be ready.

How do you order the tests?

1 hour ago, chines03 said:

How long is it taking to get the tests these days?

8 hours ago, imola said:

On Royal's website under the protocols for sailing, testing section, there's a link. We used them in December and will use them in April. I think it took less than a week to arise after ordering. 

13 hours ago, chines03 said:

Okay, but the question (topic of this thread) was if tests are still required for "April" and for at least the first half, they are still showing as required.   I'm ready for the testing to go away.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

How do you order the tests?

I know of 2 places that sell these tests - www.emed.com and www.store.optum.com

Emed sells a 6 pack and Optum sells 2 and 3 packs.

Some people have gotten defective test kits, so it’s good to have spares.  And you’re not allowed to open the kit until you’re on video doing the test so there’s no way to know if it is defective in advance.

I ordered the 6 pack from emed.  There are 2 of us, but I wanted 2 spare tests. Due to the pricing, the 6 pack made the most sense for us.

Edited by D4
  • Thanks 1

Does Royal offer tests for those who don't have one at embarkation? We are embarking in Bayonne  for a TA and I know there are several people flying in from Europe who have mentioned concern about being able to get a test ahead of time.

14 hours ago, chines03 said:

Thanks. I was wondering if it was just my check in. I read somewhere that April 14 was the date RCCL had listed for testing and then deciding. But like everyone else I have ordered tests just incase.  

Has anyone been told by a rccl rep. That if you have tested positive but are now negative. That you cannot sail for 90 days. Getting conflicting answers. I thought as long as I was double vaccinated and have a negative pcr test. It was fine 

11 minutes ago, dundeelass said:

Has anyone been told by a rccl rep. That if you have tested positive but are now negative. That you cannot sail for 90 days. Getting conflicting answers. I thought as long as I was double vaccinated and have a negative pcr test. It was fine 

Don’t ask if you don’t want answers - if you test negative why does it matter? Don’t make more trouble for yourself.

On 3/6/2022 at 12:23 AM, imola said:

Last week, I ordered a test Tuesday night and it was here Thursday am. 

1 hour ago, dundeelass said:

I have never seen that anywhere.  Plus, unless you have cancelled a cruise due to a positive test, how would they know?  A negative test within two days of cruising is a negative test and that's what is required when you read RCI's documentation.  

4 hours ago, dundeelass said:

No. That doesn't even make sense. I moved a cruise because we tested positive. No one said any such thing.  It sounds like a miscommunication, or a game of telephone. That's the opposite of what cruiselines like DCL are doing. On DCL you can forego testing if you can provide documentation and a letter from a doctor stating that you tested positive 11-90 days before embarkation. 

Edited by dcgrumpy