Dressy capris (just the facts, ma’am)

kjbacon

Every time I read the name of this thread or review its new posts, I immediately think of my favorite tennis player ever, now in the midst of an amazing comeback from a potential career-ending physical condition: Rafa Nadal. 🎾 

Back to the question: I never have taken a Caribbean cruise without packing at least one pair of white capris, which I feel free to wear to dinner at any of the restaurants.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by CintiPam

41 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Every time I read the name of this thread or review its new posts, I immediately think of my favorite tennis player ever, now in the midst of an amazing comeback from a potential career-ending physical condition: Rafa Nadal. 🎾 

Back to the question: I never have taken a Caribbean cruise without packing at least one pair of white capris, which I feel free to wear to dinner at any of the restaurants.

Enjoy your cruise!

Meanwhile I keep wondering why Kevin Bacon wants to wear Capris!!!

• Haha 1

Anti dress codes is a game a tiny minority want to play.

Oh,! why can women wear capris and men can’t?? Oh my!! Here’s a question: why can women wear bare shoulder blouses and men can’t?? No one wants to see men in wife beaters in the Specialties that’s why!! It’s bad enough seeing them in the Terrace!! 

The majority of dress code questions are trolling!! Enough already! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

After one day, my impression is that the dress code is not strict.

This thread has been helpful but it’s also been lots of fun with some very witty and funny posts!! 

Thank you 😊

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I am not anti dress code. In fact, I'm very much in favour of them. I'm also very much in favour of a business being clear about it code (or lack of one) and enforcing whatever dress code it's decided to have.

But, for a business to say that my wife can wear her cropped trousers but I cannot wear my similar styled trousers , is inherently sexist and, more to the point, just unpleasant and inhospitable of them. You may regard that statement as trolling. You'd be wrong but I really couldnt care less for your view of it. 

Edited by Harters
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harters said:

I am not anti dress code. In fact, I'm very much in favour of them. I'm also very much in favour of a business being clear about it code (or lack of one) and enforcing whatever dress code it's decided to have.

But, for a business to say that my wife can wear her cropped trousers but I cannot wear my similar styled trousers , is inherently sexist and, more to the point, just unpleasant and inhospitable of them. 

You’ll have to get over it. Your wife can wear her sleeveless blouses and you can’t wear your wifebeaters. Sorry ( not really) you find that sexist, unpleasant, and inhospitable. Women also get by with wearing flip flops that males would never get in wearing. Life just isn’t fair! 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

You’ll have to get over it.

Indeed so. A business is entitled to set its own rules in such matters. Customers then have a choice - either put up with it, or put your business somewhere else. FWIW, I choose not to frequent restaurants that have a "jacket required" policy - more of an issue for me when I visit America than here or in European countries I visit. It's just different cultural norms.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 10:47 PM, pinotlover said:

Oh,! why can women wear capris and men can’t?? Oh my!! Here’s a question: why can women wear bare shoulder blouses and men can’t?? No one wants to see men in wife beaters in the Specialties that’s why!! It’s bad enough seeing them in the Terrace!! 

I will remind you that for us Americans wearing a sleeveless t-shirt, or as you so colloquially call it, a wife beater, is in the Constitution.

Look up the 2nd Amendment, it's the right to bare arms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 3/8/2022 at 8:47 PM, pinotlover said:

Something along the lines of "But my jeans aren't just jeans. They are very expensive designer jeans."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shepherd really said:

I will remind you that for us Americans wearing a sleeveless t-shirt, or as you so colloquially call it, a wife beater, is in the Constitution.

Look up the 2nd Amendment, it's the right to bare arms.

😂😂

But playing Flatbush, check your T&Cs! I don’t think they’re allowed onboard! 😎

So here’s the actual information. Sandals on women are absolutely permitted and I do not know about men because I haven’t noticed. In my opinion, the dress code wording should be changed from sandals to flip flops and should clarify if gender specific.

Women are allowed to wear capris. Don’t know about men, haven’t noticed. My same thoughts on the dress code apply here.

Last night in La Reserve, I happened to notice a guy wearing sneakers. No one seemed to care. Everyone had a fabulous time!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kjbacon said:

So here’s the actual information. Sandals on women are absolutely permitted and I do not know about men because I haven’t noticed. In my opinion, the dress code wording should be changed from sandals to flip flops and should clarify if gender specific.

Women are allowed to wear capris. Don’t know about men, haven’t noticed. My same thoughts on the dress code apply here.

Last night in La Reserve, I happened to notice a guy wearing sneakers. No one seemed to care. Everyone had a fabulous time!!

Concise and to the point - thank you 🙂

As long as the guy in sneakers didn’t have them on the table, I can’t really see a problem 🙂 I mean, that’s what we have tables for, to hide footwear whilst eating 🙂

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ToxM said:

Concise and to the point - thank you 🙂

As long as the guy in sneakers didn’t have them on the table, I can’t really see a problem 🙂 I mean, that’s what we have tables for, to hide footwear whilst eating 🙂

My thoughts exactly, keep your feet off the table 🤣 I’m casual and not a fan of strict dress codes but I will always abide by the rules so please be clear on them.

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2022 at 2:26 AM, kjbacon said:

Last night, we had a rather pricey dinner in oh-so-chic South Beach and most people were mostly naked. No one noticed anyone else’s shoes.

We spent a couple of nights in South Beach before a Celebrity cruise a few years ago.  I see that South Beach has not changed!  Our observation was that many of those mostly-naked people shouldn't be walking around mostly naked.

Tom & Judy

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, TFree said:

We spent a couple of nights in South Beach before a Celebrity cruise a few years ago.  I see that South Beach has not changed!  Our observation was that many of those mostly-naked people shouldn't be walking around mostly naked.

Tom & Judy

You are not wrong! 🤣

• Haha 1

And now to sum up my opinion on the whole thing and yes I know the original title asks for just facts … last night when we were leaving Martinis to go to dinner, here is what we saw … there was a woman who was in strict compliance with the dress code. She had slipped her shoes off and twisted enough in her chair so that she could put her unkept bare feet on the chair next to her. Refinement is not determined by the length of your inseam or the style of your shoes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kjbacon said:

She had slipped her shoes off and twisted enough in her chair so that she could put her unkept bare feet on the chair next to her. Refinement is not determined by the length of your inseam or the style of your shoes.

😲😲

• Like 2

On the other hand, the young baritone from the opera group that has been part of the entertainment has been dressing like he’s from a 1930’s movie. Think Cary Grant. Every day it’s a different dapper tailored outfit. With beautiful shoes. It’s wonderful 

• Like 1