Vista

Croooser

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tiptwo2 said:

I see a Roll Call for the Vista Sept 29-Oct 14, 2023, Montreal to Miami sailing, but I don’t see it on O’s website. Is it sold out already? Are there any holiday 2023 sailings on the Vista?

Pam

I see it there

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/new-england-cruises/montreal-to-miami-VIS230929/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%23time_frame%3D2023-9%26ship%3DVIS%26sort%3Dfeatured%3Adesc%26page%3D1%26pageSize%3D10

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jancruz said:

You may be able to wait List..

Jancruz1

Speaking of Vista and waitlisting....We are looking at Vista a couple of cruises later...LA to Miami. Our preferred PH category is fully booked, but categories A and B are reasonably available. If we book an A3, for example, and waitlist a PH, how does that work? Are we notified when cabins in our waitlisted category become available and given a chance to either pick one or stay with our A3 if we do not like location of PH offered to us, or are we automatically moved to our waitlisted category? I realize that given tough availability we may only be offered a guarantee option in category we are waitlisting, but even then just wondered if we are given a chance to accept or decline our waitlisted category or if our move is automatic when first of our waitlisted categories (eg. all PHs ) become available?

8 hours ago, edgee said:

Speaking of Vista and waitlisting....We are looking at Vista a couple of cruises later...LA to Miami. Our preferred PH category is fully booked, but categories A and B are reasonably available. If we book an A3, for example, and waitlist a PH, how does that work? Are we notified when cabins in our waitlisted category become available and given a chance to either pick one or stay with our A3 if we do not like location of PH offered to us, or are we automatically moved to our waitlisted category? I realize that given tough availability we may only be offered a guarantee option in category we are waitlisting, but even then just wondered if we are given a chance to accept or decline our waitlisted category or if our move is automatic when first of our waitlisted categories (eg. all PHs ) become available?

Being on a waitlist for a higher room while having a booking did not result in a better offer for us. We traveled on our booked category, and loved the cruise. I am glad I didn't just rely on the wait list clearing, without a booking. I was told at the time you had a short time to decide about the upgrade, then it was offered to someone else. It is offered to you and not just automatically changed over because there is money involved.

And is there ever a poor location for a PH?

10 minutes ago, Hokapontas said:

Being on a waitlist for a higher room while having a booking did not result in a better offer for us. We traveled on our booked category, and loved the cruise. I am glad I didn't just rely on the wait list clearing, without a booking. I was told at the time you had a short time to decide about the upgrade, then it was offered to someone else. It is offered to you and not just automatically changed over because there is money involved.

And is there ever a poor location for a PH?

Oh my, yes there is a "poor location" for a PH...under the pool deck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, edgee said:

Oh my, yes there is a "poor location" for a PH...under the pool deck.

When I read (in other threads) "cruise critic only gets a small percentage of cruisers" – this is why that is a good thing.  Otherwise we would have to keep such good advice quiet, or we would never be able to book a deck 10 PH!  [And forget about the aft-view PH1s on deck 7 unless you book the day before they open up...]

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ChadnKate said:

We've booked 2 Vistas. Venice to Athens. Southampton to NYC. Waiting, waiting for the next group to drop, for early 2024! Hear that will happen probably in early March

Did you mean May?

3 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Did you mean May?

yes. hate autocorrect. 

May 4th, will be 9n Istanbul getting on ship on May 6.  Can consult with wife and be ready for the shop's cruise ambassador to help us then. Hope too grab two more credits and turn Platinum. One to finish gold, the next for the free 14 days.

Congratulations ChadnKate on your Platinum Level. Covid did a number on us all reaching new levels. I can say it was great when we finally were able to take that Free cruise last October when Riviera returned to sailing. 
Let the fun begin because it is tough to be invited to every cruises O Club Parties for the rest of your travels. 
Mauibabes