The Daily for Sunday 03/06/2022

richwmn

26 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

We’re home.  We know just as much now as we did before.  Nothing significant to cause the pain he is having.  There’s a bit of constipation, but nothing that would cause that kind of pain.  So we are right back where we started from.

At least we know there is nothing seriously wrong.

So instead of going to a restaurant for that wonderful Chicken Pot Pie, we had scrambled eggs and toast for dinner. With some tea.

We will see what tomorrow brings.

Thank you all for all your prayers and support.  I appreciate it.  We have no family.  It is just DH and me.  No one else. Your support means a lot—believe me.

God Bless,

Terri

Well, that is good news in that it is nothing serious.  But, it is certainly not helpful.   Maybe if he can get things moving that will help.  I still have "the bomb" recipe that the hospice nurse gave us for my mom:  one part coffee, one part prune juice and one part milk of magnesia.   Heat the coffee and prune juice in the microwave and then add the milk of magnesia and drink it down.  It is guaranteed to work.  Don't stray too far.

Edited by dfish
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

6 minutes ago, dfish said:

Well, that is good news in that it is nothing serious.  But, it is certainly not helpful.   Maybe if he can get things moving that will help.  I still have "the bomb" recipe that the hospice nurse gave us for my mom:  one part coffee, one part prune juice and one part milk of magnesia.   Heat the coffee and prune juice in the microwave and then add the milk of magnesia and drink it down.  It is guaranteed to work.  Don't stray too far.

He has a dermatology appointment tomorrow.  When he comes home.  i trust your recipes Debbie. LOL.  I can’t give him anything until I am sure he doesn’’t have to leave the house.

I’m so tired. 

Terri

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

We’re home.  We know just as much now as we did before.  Nothing significant to cause the pain he is having.  There’s a bit of constipation, but nothing that would cause that kind of pain.  So we are right back where we started from.

So instead of going to a restaurant for that wonderful Chicken Pot Pie, we had scrambled eggs and toast for dinner. With some tea.

Thank you all for all your prayers and support.  I appreciate it.  We have no family.  It is just DH and me.  No one else. Your support means a lot—believe me.

God Bless,

Terri

Good news,  scary stuff,  hope things continue in a good way! 

• Like 6

@Cruzin Terri, an awful day for you both!  Did they check for a stone?  My DH has had occasional stones and they are extremely painful.  

As far as osteoporosis, the women in my family have bad cases of it - multiple compression fractures of the spine, broken hips, etc.  My aunt had an atypical femoral fracture on fosamax, I was on fosamax for about 15 years, 5 years on and 2 years off, finally my doctor said I had been on it long enough, I had bad reflux, she put me on prolia, and after five years I was back to being osteopenic, yay, but 2 years off and I was back to osteoporosis.  So now I'm into my second round of prolia.  I was nervous that this painful hip meant I was beginning a fracture, but evidently not, so I will continue the prolia.  It's better than the alternative!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

God Bless,

Terri

@Cruzin Terri  your DH could try a product  "Kiwi Crush"  found in the freezer section at supermarkets.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, tupper10 said:

I've been reading the daily for awhile but haven't posted. What a nice group of people are here. Just wanted to tell the women that I have been on Prolia for years and no side effects -I had loads from Fosamax and had to go off of it. My numbers have greatly improved on Prolia. 

Terri hope your husband is treated and if needed admitted to the hospital. It is shame we can't get doctor appointments when we are sick and need to be seen.  

Welcome to the Daily!  Such a nice first post.  Hope to see you posting more often!

8 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

God Bless,

Terri

Oh Terri, So sorry they couldn’t find what was causing the pain but relieved there is nothing seriously wrong.  Such a long day for you both - but especially you with the worry.

I know what it is like to be alone - we are here for you ♥️ 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

At least they eliminated anything significant and critical. I hope they gave him something for the pain, and that you both get some sleep tonight. What an awful day for both of you! 
Let us know how he is tomorrow. We are here for you. 

15 hours ago, kazu said:

Well, for what little it’s worth, I agree with you 200%.  I think it’s unscrupulous to submit and then sell the shares but what do I know?   I was following that thread and nearly posted and then decided against it as the poster is “right” and the rest of us are wrong.

He now claims he actually applied for the benefit BEFORE he sold the shares, which is definitely NOT what he said originally. So either he was legit and misspoke or he realized that what he did wasn’t legit. And arguing with the one who argues is like using logic to change which way the wind blows. So there is no point in saying more even if I wanted to. Thanks to you all for walking me away from the abyss.

@tupper10, welcome to the Daily!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for your warm welcome.  Nothing much to report and thankfully we are all well. 

Terri - sorry that nothing could be found - perhaps an MRI should be done to figure this out?  My DH and I were just speaking about how now doctors treat only one part of your body and no one views the whole picture. I hope this gets figured out. 

Sending regards to all here. I am sorry I can't remember everyone's name.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

@Cruzin Terri, an awful day for you both!  Did they check for a stone?  My DH has had occasional stones and they are extremely painful.  

As far as osteoporosis, the women in my family have bad cases of it - multiple compression fractures of the spine, broken hips, etc.  My aunt had an atypical femoral fracture on fosamax, I was on fosamax for about 15 years, 5 years on and 2 years off, finally my doctor said I had been on it long enough, I had bad reflux, she put me on prolia, and after five years I was back to being osteopenic, yay, but 2 years off and I was back to osteoporosis.  So now I'm into my second round of prolia.  I was nervous that this painful hip meant I was beginning a fracture, but evidently not, so I will continue the prolia.  It's better than the alternative!

I wondered the same thing about a kidney stone?  So painful! 

Both  my parents had osteoporosis and my mom broke both her hip and femur.  So such a balancing act!  Good to hear you’ve had such good results with the Prolia.  

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, bennybear said:

I wondered the same thing about a kidney stone?  So painful! 

Both  my parents had osteoporosis and my mom broke both her hip and femur.  So such a balancing act!  Good to hear you’ve had such good results with the Prolia.  

I've broken my wrist and my leg.  My mother broke long bones, too, her wrist, arm, leg and hip.  Her sisters mainly stuck with spinal compression fractures, one had 14 and the other 18, plus the AFF.  I do love my prolia!  One little shot every 6 months, as opposed to that awful fosamax routine every week....  It is expensive, but probably in the long run isn't that much more than fosamax.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I've broken my wrist and my leg.  My mother broke long bones, too, her wrist, arm, leg and hip.  Her sisters mainly stuck with spinal compression fractures, one had 14 and the other 18, plus the AFF.  I do love my prolia!  One little shot every 6 months, as opposed to that awful fosamax routine every week....  It is expensive, but probably in the long run isn't that much more than fosamax.

I broke my foot and elbow, but it’s the femoral stress fracture that worries me as it can be  a side effect with many of these. There are other drugs but one is 20k a year!  And they have side effects, one is heart issues and one is kidney stones.   So we will see.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bennybear said:

I broke my foot and elbow, but it’s the femoral stress fracture that worries me as it can be  a side effect with many of these. There are other drugs but one is 20k a year!  And they have side effects, one is heart issues and one is kidney stones.   So we will see.  

I have also more than doubled my calcium - and evidently PPI's significantly reduce calcium absorption, so I've stopped taking that as well.  And I'm going to stop the glucosamine which I've taken for about 5 months, as it didn't seem to do any good for the arthritis.  I'm still sore, but I know now it's not an AFF, so when it hurts I will exercise more, not less!

• Like 3