VeriFLY coming to Princess?

Bgwest

The app isn't a Carnival/Princess app. Carnival Corp is simply one of dozens and dozens of client-users of VeriFLY.

I've used it successfully many times while traveling on American Airlines. 

Judging by the constant drumbeat, I would think there might be some appetite to move away from the Medallion App by the many who disparage it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

I looked at the app on the app store.....Everyone that reviewed it gave a 1 star. Figures CCL would want to go with another app that is poor. 😒

How many was everyone?

Cheers

4 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

I stopped counting and looking after 10.....That was all I needed to know that it is not worth my time

I gave it one star and wrote a review. The Medallion Team asked me for input. I replied and shortly afterward the app started working well for me. The issue in my case was poor data translation from the web system to the app. It was well worth my minor bit of effort to communicate with them. Had I not done so I doubt my issues would have been corrected. Too many folks on these forums bang their heads against the wall in frustration rather than reaching out to the Medallion folks. Calling Princess is not the way to get the issues resolved. Contacting the Medallion team is the way to go.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I gave it one star and wrote a review. The Medallion Team asked me for input. I replied and shortly afterward the app started working well for me. The issue in my case was poor data translation from the web system to the app. It was well worth my minor bit of effort to communicate with them. Had I not done so I doubt my issues would have been corrected. Too many folks on these forums bang their heads against the wall in frustration rather than reaching out to the Medallion folks. Calling Princess is not the way to get the issues resolved. Contacting the Medallion team is the way to go.

I gave the medallion app a one star myself, they reached out to me, I told them what was the problem and it was corrected. As of right now I have no problem with the medallion app except I'm not on a cruise to use it 🤣 I've been working with the medallion people since our first medallion cruise in 2017. But if it's taken this long to get one app working why should I try to get another app working just to go on a cruise??

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

Totally agree.  Early on we were having serious issues with the app.  We had several telephone and email exchanges with the Medallion team and all of our issues were resolved.

Now 4 cruises later, we have had zero issues with the app.

1 hour ago, Moondogy said:

OP was talking about VeriFLY app. Some brought up MC app.

Thanks, but you were saying that the Ver4iFLY app had only one star on Google Play?  

Am I correct?  I just don't think I want to get involved with another wonky app.  

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Thanks, but you were saying that the Ver4iFLY app had only one star on Google Play?  

Am I correct?  I just don't think I want to get involved with another wonky app.  

VeriFLY has a 4.3 rating for Android and a 4.6 rating for iOS. It's really easy to check.

Edited by Thrak
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I look at it on google play and the first almost like 10 reviews gave it a one. I do not want to even try to download it. If others think it works for them that's great. I just have enough hassles anymore trying to just take a cruise 🤣

• 2 months later...

Can anyone confirm for me that Princess Cruises is not using Verifly for their cruises?  I've only seen Carnival, Holland America and I believe Viking listed for it.  Also I don't see Delta airlines on there, so guess I won't be needing that app on my upcoming cruise.

I looked on Google Play Store and VeriFLY has a rating of 4.3.  I would not put too much confidence on those who give it a rating of 1 star.  People who are unhappy will post their complaints and those who are happy will simply give it 5 stars and move on.  I have used VeriFLY twice now for CCL cruises and have had no problem loading my information or checking in at the port.  Like it or not, this is the future along with heavy reliance on Smartphones.  As a septuagenarian I accept the constant march of technology good or bad.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Can anyone confirm for me that Princess Cruises is not using Verifly for their cruises?  I've only seen Carnival, Holland America and I believe Viking listed for it.  Also I don't see Delta airlines on there, so guess I won't be needing that app on my upcoming cruise.

We did not use it for the Emerald Princess cruise I took in February out of LA and it has not been mentioned yet for my upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.  I don't think it is being used at all by Princess.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, prmssk said:

We did not use it for the Emerald Princess cruise I took in February out of LA and it has not been mentioned yet for my upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.  I don't think it is being used at all by Princess.

It’s not - yet. 
Carnival, Holland America and Viking. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Downloaded VeriFLY for March 2022 cruise. No problems with it and I liked the idea of ‘one stop shopping’ to show docs when checking in. That said, we didn’t use it because there was no one in line ahead of us to speak of and we had everything we needed in Apple Wallet/Health/photos. Other friends used the VeriFly liked it and the speed process at check-in. 
As for Medallion App we’ve used it before and love it. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2022 at 3:04 PM, LACruiser88 said:

Princess could just add the vaccination cards and test results upload ability to their existing app.

But then again, they haven't proven themselves to be good in the app department!

It is definitely not their strongpoint