VeriFly

travelplus

Being the Techie I am  I am testing out the VeriFly app for my next Carnival sailing on the Pride. I have completed our attestation and uploaded photos. All that I need to do will be to upload our Vaccine Card we all have our boosters. and digital vaccine cards. I hope that testing will be a thing of the past by August but a big part of me says it will still be there. So I will upload our test results. Once we get our Digital Pass do I need to bring photo copies of everything or will VeriFly do it all for us?

Thanks

That’s a great question.

I used this app when flying back from Mexico per the directions of the airline.

I still had to show hard copies of everything. 
It appears as though VeriFLY is nothing more than a digital checklist. If you complete everything, then you are good.

However, I will be interested to hear what others are experiencing.

I will be using the app for my upcoming Carnival cruise in 10 days. Will have hard copies of everything as a backup.

• Like 1

Last month Ifly to Guatemala and had the Verifly app and never was asked for my paper copies even at Customs in Guatemala, strange some do and some don't, it was easy for me to use but if I still need paper copies I wonder why they even ask us to use it.  Lately have more questions than answers on many things, smooth sailing to all.

• Like 1

I had Verifly ready & open to show them at Port Canaveral 2 weeks ago and was told they were not accepting it yet due to it still being tested.  I had everything printed but, was disappointed that they didn't even try using Verifly.  Made me feel like it was such a waste of my time setting it up if they weren't even going to try.

Maybe by August, they will be using it.......or, like you said testing will be a thing of the past (wishful thinking, right???)  

• Like 2

We just used the Verifly App last week. It was super easy. I did bring the hard copies with me. When we checked in they wanted to see Verifly. After they looked at the App, they stamped our boarding pass and we were on our way. With technology not always being 100%, you should have your copies. I never want any reason to not be able to board the ship.

Edited by 1city@atime
wrong word
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, 1city@atime said:

We just used the Verifly App last week. It was super easy. I did bring the hard copies with me. When we checked in they wanted to see Verifly. After they looked at the App, they stamped our boarding pass and we were on our way. With technology not always being 100%, you should have your copies. I never want any reason to not be able to board the ship.

Which port?

I boarded the Mardi Gras out of Port Canaveral on Feb 26th.  The lady checking me in said that she would also need to see my paperwork.  She said Verifly was still in the testing stages and some of the documents that Verifly accepted weren't accurate.  She checked both my Verifly information and all of my paperwork.  There were two people checking everything.

5 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I boarded the Mardi Gras out of Port Canaveral on Feb 26th.  The lady checking me in said that she would also need to see my paperwork.  She said Verifly was still in the testing stages and some of the documents that Verifly accepted weren't accurate.  She checked both my Verifly information and all of my paperwork.  There were two people checking everything.

I boarded Mardi Gras on February 19 and lady checking me in only looked at my app and never asked for paper copies 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jabberjaw070596 said:

I boarded Mardi Gras on February 19 and lady checking me in only looked at my app and never asked for paper copies 

I guess they must have realized an issue and had the people checking in for the 26th look at paperwork.  Maybe someone else who sailed on the 26th or later can chime in.

we used verifly getting on the vista out of galveston last week, no hard copies needed.  but someone posted that they boarded the same day on the breeze, out of galveston as well.  they had to provide hard copies as well, they were told they didn't rely on the app 100%. so i suggest have hard copies to be on the safe side

2 hours ago, 1city@atime said:

This was my experience in Miami as well. It was super quick and easy. 

• Like 1

In my experience, the terminal check-in experience is so streamlined it hardly takes any time.  

I've been on four cruises since the restart including a CCL one in December; the check-in workers have never spent more than a few second looking at either the vax card or Covid test.  I'm sure folks are out there who more heavily scrutinize them but I've yet to encounter anything other than a long glance. I'm trying the Verifly app on my sailing next weekend, after registering it wouldn't utilize my vax QR code I had to manually enter everything.  So far I've spent around 5 total minutes registering/populating the app and I haven't even tested yet so will still need to upload that.

5 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I guess they must have realized an issue and had the people checking in for the 26th look at paperwork.  Maybe someone else who sailed on the 26th or later can chime in.

I was on the 26th & they didn't even look at verifly........I had it ready but, they said nope.  We had 2 people checking things, too.  Not a big deal, I had it all printed too.

• Like 1

Just got off the Ecstasy in Mobile today and used VeriFLY at check in and was not asked for any paper copies. We just had to show the app and off we were on to the next station. I did have paper copies of everything ready because you never know when an may crash but did not need to get them out. It was a real "cluster you know what" when we going through the terminal because the ship was late coming back but we spent less than 2 minutes at that part of check in. 

On 3/13/2022 at 11:10 PM, travelplus said:

Being the Techie I am  I am testing out the VeriFly app for my next Carnival sailing on the Pride. I have completed our attestation and uploaded photos. All that I need to do will be to upload our Vaccine Card we all have our boosters. and digital vaccine cards. I hope that testing will be a thing of the past by August but a big part of me says it will still be there. So I will upload our test results. Once we get our Digital Pass do I need to bring photo copies of everything or will VeriFly do it all for us?

Thanks

Just off the Magic and we did not use the Verifly app only because we were part of the group which can test 3 days out and unfortunately the app was not updated to allow us to download our test results. I bought all paperwork and from what I could tell most embarking did the same.  We were not really asked about it until all paperwork had been reviewed so I'm not so sure that I will use on next months cruise either.

8 minutes ago, dbrucern said:

Just off the Magic and we did not use the Verifly app only because we were part of the group which can test 3 days out and unfortunately the app was not updated to allow us to download our test results. I bought all paperwork and from what I could tell most embarking did the same.  We were not really asked about it until all paperwork had been reviewed so I'm not so sure that I will use on next months cruise either.

We just used in last Thursday out of Mobile and tested three days out and didn't have a problem with it.

Used Verifly on Sunshine out of Charleston March 7 - we brought along hard copies (and everyone should!) but the app was sufficient.  We were suprised given that CHS only hosts one or two embarkations a week, but it was accepted.

We used verifly on the magic a week ago and it worked very well.  They were telling everyone to make sure you had it up on your phone BEFORE going into the terminal, as it wouldn’t work once inside. The facial recognition thing is pretty awesome also, getting off the ship was super fast.