Authorisation for Bermuda

10 minutes ago, matt1 said:

Went to the website linked below and Royal Caribbean ships aren’t even listed yet. Maybe it’s still too early? I do wonder what their turn-around time is going to be when tens of thousands of these requests start pouring in? 

They list them 30 days out. If you read the website 30 days from the cruise is when they want passengers to start filling out the form.Not before. You add your test results later. They have had cruise passengers and other tourists doing this application for a while. It has worked out. They have been handling it. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

There was a couple of cruise lines sailings in and out of Bermuda last summer and fall.    At least Viking and Norwegian.

Royal has not yet released guidance for their Bermuda sailings.    I am interested to see how Royal will handle Bermuda's testing requirements.   I am booked for a May sailing on Enchantment and another one in August.     Hopefully it won't be too complicated

Royals first scheduled cruise to Bermuda leaves April 30th so we should hear protocols/requirements by end of March, at latest.   

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

They list them 30 days out. If you read the website 30 days from the cruise is when they want passengers to start filling out the form.Not before. You add your test results later. They have had cruise passengers and other tourists doing this application for a while. It has worked out. They have been handling it. 

Thanks. I’m still not seeing the “30 Days” part. Was actually getting ready to book a quicky Bermuda trip out of Baltimore and this sort of kills my enthusiasm. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Royals first scheduled cruise to Bermuda leaves April 30th so we should hear protocols/requirements by end of March, at latest.   

This is exactly the one I was looking at out of Baltimore. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matt1 said:

This is exactly the one I was looking at out of Baltimore. 

i would not worry that much about the application. Personally I would never book those 5 day cruises out of Baltimore. I lived 35 miles from the pier and never booked one. The itinerary in Bermuda is lousy. Usually arrives at 1:00 and leaves at 1:00 the next day. Not very good for the island. If you just want to be on a ship for sort of a cruise to nowhere then probably would work for you but now you have to do the Travel authorization whether you get off or not. I would do it for a 7 day cruise with two  full and one half days in Bermuda but not One day divided into two halves.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

i would not worry that much about the application. Personally I would never book those 5 day cruises out of Baltimore. I lived 35 miles from the pier and never booked one. The itinerary in Bermuda is lousy. Usually arrives at 1:00 and leaves at 1:00 the next day. Not very good for the island. If you just want to be on a ship for sort of a cruise to nowhere then probably would work for you but now you have to do the Travel authorization whether you get off or not. I would do it for a 7 day cruise with two  full and one half days in Bermuda but not One day divided into two halves.

Pretty much nailed it (with the part ^ ^ ^ in bold). It would have given me several hours to leisurely explore the Royal Naval Dockyard tip of Bermuda, and then come back on a longer cruise to hit Hamilton, St. George’s, and other highlights.

Plus, it would get me some sea time to just chill and enjoy the ship without eating up too much of my limited 2022 cruise budget (which is mostly all going towards Anthem again in December).

😁

Edited by matt1
  • Like 1

I would do a 5 night Bermuda cruise from Baltimore.

But having to do this form and pay would make me reconsider that.  At most, I would probably just wander around the dock area, maybe have lunch.

• Like 1

We have a cruise on the Enchantment out of Baltimore going to Bermuda on May 5, 2022. I have to say this new requirement and fee are really dampening my enthusiasm toward Bermuda. It's the hassle and the extra fee. It's not a big fee but just makes you feel like you're getting squeezed for a little more. Doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy about spending my tourist dollars there.

38 minutes ago, cjhand295 said:

We have a cruise on the Enchantment out of Baltimore going to Bermuda on May 5, 2022. I have to say this new requirement and fee are really dampening my enthusiasm toward Bermuda. It's the hassle and the extra fee. It's not a big fee but just makes you feel like you're getting squeezed for a little more. Doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy about spending my tourist dollars there.

when i went on a bermuda cruise last year on a different cruise line the fee was increased to 75 dollars. this year they reduce the free which is a good thing

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 2:56 PM, orville99 said:

From the official Bermuda government website, it appears that it is required beginning 3/7/22. I presume the cruise lines will be providing guidance and process going forward. 

The responsibility is on the traveler. 

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

The responsibility is on the traveler. 

Irrelevant. RCL will inform any passenger booking a cruise to Bermuda of both the requirements and the process needed to be executed by the passenger to fulfill those requirements.

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Irrelevant. RCL will inform any passenger booking a cruise to Bermuda of both the requirements and the process needed to be executed by the passenger to fulfill those requirements.

From another Bermuda post:  Couple of our friends boarded Oceania ship yesterday, they were required to complete the form for Bermuda and pay $40 fee. But no one checked and asked for the form during the boarding process. And...after all that, yesterday afternoon passengers were notified they were no longer going to Bermuda, instead replaced by Bahamas. Huh! Interesting!  The form is downloaded from the Bermuda Gov't website.  Same applies to Celebrity

31 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

From another Bermuda post:  Couple of our friends boarded Oceania ship yesterday, they were required to complete the form for Bermuda and pay $40 fee. But no one checked and asked for the form during the boarding process. And...after all that, yesterday afternoon passengers were notified they were no longer going to Bermuda, instead replaced by Bahamas. Huh! Interesting!  The form is downloaded from the Bermuda Gov't website.  Same applies to Celebrity

UHHH.....Oceania is NOT an RCL ship. It is an NCL brand. So, still irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

UHHH.....Oceania is NOT an RCL ship. It is an NCL brand. So, still irrelevant.

when one says something contrary to what you want to believe or hear, even if they are sharing recent cruiser information  Irrelevant or not, if you plan to go to Bermuda, you'll be downloading the form, completing it on line and paying the fee, on your own! 

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

if you plan to go to Bermuda, you'll be downloading the form, completing it on line and paying the fee, on your own! 

And, as I have stated repeatedly, RCL will inform its passengers of the requirement and the process for executing it well before the 30 day clock starts for any cruise sailing to Bermuda. It is really quite simple to understand, presuming you are willing to read rather than jump to conclusions.

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

And, as I have stated repeatedly, RCL will inform its passengers of the requirement and the process for executing it well before the 30 day clock starts for any cruise sailing to Bermuda. It is really quite simple to understand, presuming you are willing to read rather than jump to conclusions.

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.  

Glad I stumbled upon this thread.    I was seriously looking to book a Royal Bermuda cruise and didn't know it would require an authorization form with an additional cost.  I'll be looking for something else to book.  Thanks for the info.

26 minutes ago, orville99 said:

, RCL will inform its passengers of the requirement and the process for executing it well before the 30 day clock starts for any cruise sailing to Bermuda.

Didn’t happen for Europe. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cjhand295 said:

The fee covers proccesing they Travel Authorization. In order to approve the applications they have to have workers.