Grand Northern Europe Voyage - Lisbon to Stockholm - May 6, 2022 to June 28, 2022

mysty

ZQT chiming in. After a timely travel recovery -we slept in til 10A today.

Last night being formal night, we started off happy hour with the wise famous

Mysty and Myster. Alas the bar had no J&B and had to send out for some.

Almost had to get mine from the cabin. After which we dined sans M & M

in the Alantide. We were seated next to the dance floor for dance music night.

Coats and ties were being enforced. Service was a little slow even the manager

was delivering food.  In the many days and years of sailing SS this is the first 

time I have seen the entertainers ( including the CD ) showing people to their 

tables with the table number written on a little slip of paper.  All ended well

after all.

• Like 6

Great to know we now have two perspectives on this cruise - thank you zqt, and you will take some of the burden off mysty's shoulders.

Sorry you are all having slightly mixed weather at present,  but not too inappropriate for the cities you will be visiting in the next few days.  Please don't be overly critical of Liverpool, my home city  (athough I actually lived in leafy Cheshire, some 45 minutes away).  I feel sure you will all find lots of interest there.

Lola

• Like 1

Today our excursion took us to St David's.  It was about a 50 minute ride from the Fishguard Port.  It was a beautiful scenic ride.  St David's is billed as the smallest city in Britain.  It classifies as a city by virtue of its Cathedral.  Very lovely place!  Here are pics of St David's Cathedral and surroundings....

DSC09067.JPG.a3320ce47903a5a6cfb26ce25ad71649.JPG 

DSC09068.JPG.9ee772d791b860474b6cb8a018837192.JPG

DSC09069.JPG.734a11f11a547735963abba9beaccf9b.JPG

DSC09076.JPG.61a1a5763380dff4c4809b6229603039.JPG

DSC09085.JPG.05a4b3739f01a5d7c4151f3f32da98bc.JPG

The palace of the Bishop ruins.....

DSC09102.JPG.1b8187b28c77b7045555fa754b707d6a.JPG

• Like 6

Today I sat next to a superwoman. She could talk, eat , swallow, breathe, and not stop 

for the twenty five minutes we were near there. All stored in a large frame from a large well known city on the US east coast north of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Also this is the first time ever I saw the F& B manager remove dirty dishes in the Alantide.

Had HH cocktails with M&M’s to toast their anniversary. 
At least one couple from sailing Carnival didn’t like it here because of the dress code so they are going back. Looks like there are a lot of those here. There must have been a fire sale on fares here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Today I sat next to a superwoman. She could talk, eat , swallow, breathe, and not stop 

for the twenty five minutes we were near there. All stored in a large frame from a large well known city on the US east coast north of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Also this is the first time ever I saw the F& B manager remove dirty dishes in the Alantide.

Had HH cocktails with M&M’s to toast their anniversary. 
At least one couple from sailing Carnival didn’t like it here because of the dress code so they are going back. Looks like there are a lot of those here. There must have been a fire sale on fares here. 

whatever it takes.....

• Haha 2

Today we will be in Liverpool scheduled to dock at 9:00 am.   Myster and I are meeting a friend for a day of sun (hopefully) and fun (guaranteed).  There is a Grand Voyage event this evening (Champagne Reception with the Mayor) which we will pass on.  

• Like 4

Have a fabulous day, weather is a bit chilly.
 Have just come back from watching Silver Moon come up the Mersey what a fabulous sight.  Don’t blame you for missing the Mayoral event, although if it was in St George’s Hall go as it is beautiful in there.

• Like 1

Just back from a glorious day in Liverpool under the expert guide skills of our friend!  I asked his permission to identify our Mystery guide and he graciously agreed.   @Daveywavey70 was kind enough to drive to Liverpool to meet us here.   He is a delightful gent!  We enjoyed every moment of our time together!   We took the Mersey Ferry tour,  had a delicious tapas lunch then climbed aboard the Hop On Hop Off bus for a city tour!  A magical day in a beautiful city with a wonderful friend!  Thank you so very much DW! 🥰

• Like 12

2 hours ago, mysty said:

Just back from a glorious day in Liverpool under the expert guide skills of our friend!  I asked his permission to identify our Mystery guide and he graciously agreed.   @Daveywavey70 was kind enough to drive to Liverpool to meet us here.   He is a delightful gent!  We enjoyed every moment of our time together!   We took the Mersey Ferry tour,  had a delicious tapas lunch then climbed aboard the Hop On Hop Off bus for a city tour!  A magical day in a beautiful city with a wonderful friend!  Thank you so very much DW! 🥰

What an honour and a privilege it was to meet team Mysty today. Anyone that's had the pleasure will know what I mean. A fantastic day with delightful friends. I Hope the rest of the cruise is truly wonderful for you.

Somehow, despite there being no sun out today, I've still managed to catch it. Anyway here's a picture of the Moon at Liverpool Pier Head.image.thumb.jpeg.207a8c03e431ba078af8a37b47cf6aea.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

This morning we are at anchor off Dun Laoghaire for Dublin.  Gray skies and possible scattered showers.   Excursion today is Dublin Heritage and Book of Kells.  Photos from our day in Liverpool and from today's excursion will be posted when I can catch my breath.  😁

• Like 3

Thank you TTS and Turtle!  Rain threatened but its bark was worse than its bite.   Nary a drop spoiled our morning.  Tour guide had a delicious sense of humour!  I suspect it's in the genes! 😁

• Like 5