RCI European Sailing Protocols

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just posted on the roll call that there is free testing at the Copenhagen airport for arriving passengers

Hmm, we'll be in Nyhaven once we hit the one day window. No longer an 'arriving' passenger 

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Hmm, we'll be in Nyhaven once we hit the one day window. No longer an 'arriving' passenger 

When are you arriving (I can't remember)  The cruise line requirements are a test 2 days prior and the day of sailing does not count.  Arriving on the 8th you can get a test.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

When are you arriving (I can't remember)  The cruise line requirements are a test 2 days prior and the day of sailing does not count.  Arriving on the 8th you can get a test.

We arrive the 8th, so should be good.

I thought I saw we need a test 1 day prior

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We arrive the 8th, so should be good.

I thought I saw we need a test 1 day prior

I went back through this thread and saw the testing requirements for Copenhagen departures and it was 2 days prior.  Might have been a different port

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

I went back through this thread and saw the testing requirements for Copenhagen departures and it was 2 days prior.  Might have been a different port

Or a Senior Moment. 

Not the first

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Copenhagen is 2 days prior

Barcelona is one day prior. RCI obviously haven’t realised that 4/15 is Good Friday and that every thing shuts at the drop of a hat for Holy Week in Spain! 

23 hours ago, little britain said:

I'm a bit clueless about supervised testing. Are you taking these tests with you to Barcel8na and then booking some sort of video call for supervision? Sorry for all the questions.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Copenhagen is 2 days prior

Barcelona is one day prior. RCI obviously haven’t realised that 4/15 is Good Friday and that every thing shuts at the drop of a hat for Holy Week in Spain! 

It's not RCI's fault...it is a requirenment the Spanish government is putting on them.  

12 minutes ago, Zogriv said:

I'm a bit clueless about supervised testing. Are you taking these tests with you to Barcel8na and then booking some sort of video call for supervision? Sorry for all the questions.

It isn’t a video: you upload a pic of the result on the cartridge  ( along with your booking ref # so they know it was the pack you ordered) and they send you official email confirming your results. 

12 minutes ago, little britain said:

It isn’t a video: you upload a pic of the result on the cartridge  ( along with your booking ref # so they know it was the pack you ordered) and they send you official email confirming your results. 

Are we sure that type will be accepted? It was the type I used for a recent Virgin cruise out of the UK, but I think only the video supervised type are allowed for departures from the USA.

Edited by Wedgeh
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, little britain said:

Are you sure this type is allowed? We did this for our recent virgin voyage, they supplied the test but the certificate clearly states that it was a self test. We also came back from that cruise with covid. It would be easy for someone else to do the test then upload the results.

2 minutes ago, Wedgeh said:

Are we sure those type will be accepted? This was the type I used for a recent Virgin cruise out of the UK, but I think only the video supervised type are allowed for departures from the USA.

Sorry, typed same thing at the same time.

21 minutes ago, Wedgeh said:

Are we sure that type will be accepted? It was the type I used for a recent Virgin cruise out of the UK, but I think only the video supervised type are allowed for departures from the USA.

Their newly updated protocols on One Way Cruises in Europe makes no mention of supervised/proctored.

Required Testing for Guests Sailing on a One-Way Cruise from Barcelona

All Guests: Required Pre-Cruise Testing 

Before arriving on boarding day, you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test on your own, at your own expense, to meet our boarding requirements. 

Vaccinated guests must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 1 day before boarding day.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise

I actually notice that even for USA departures it makes no mention of needing to be proctored???  Have they relaxed this requirement?

Edited by little britain

6 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

I wasn’t aware of this. Have they put specific requirements on cruise ships arriving in Spain?

from what I undersatnd, Spain is at least requiring the one day prior test of Ta's disembakring there. I am pretty sure it is embarkign there too, but not positive.  And they are not requiring anything specific of ships/passengers which have port days in Spain but do not embark or disembark there.  (and yes, I know it is illogical to seperate the two given in both cases people from the ship are out and about in the nation, I am not the one making these rules).

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just posted on the roll call that there is free testing at the Copenhagen airport for arriving passengers

is this testing for anyone entering Copenhagen? We will be on Voyager in late August for the Arctic Crossing and will fly there 3 days before boarding.

6 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

from what I undersatnd, Spain is at least requiring the one day prior test of Ta's disembakring there. I am pretty sure it is embarkign there too, but not positive.  And they are not requiring anything specific of ships/passengers which have port days in Spain but do not embark or disembark there.  (and yes, I know it is illogical to seperate the two given in both cases people from the ship are out and about in the nation, I am not the one making these rules).

We’re not disembarking in Spain, but we stop there on our way to Rome on the Odyssey TA later this month and we will need to do the 1 day test before leaving here.

• Like 1

I was checking the antigen tests in Barcelona and we found it from 25€ to 35€ in several places. I sent one e-mail to our hotel to ask for places to do it and there is one right in front of our hotel 🙂 Waiting to RC confirm the protocols for our sailing (May) but at least we have several plan B in our Google maps 😉

Edited by framboesa
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

From what I read it was for all arrivals at the airport

Passengers arriving at CPH

There are no longer any restrictions on entry into Denmark. 

Covid-19 entry restrictions to Denmark are liftet

Travel restrictions as a result of COVID-19 no longer apply upon entry into Denmark. You can enter from all countries without the requirement of test or isolation.

But useful that there is a test site (still) at the airport when you can test on arrival for requirement to board the ship

https://www.cph.dk/en/practical/covid19/test-in-copenhagen-airport

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, little britain said:

Passengers arriving at CPH

There are no longer any restrictions on entry into Denmark. 

Covid-19 entry restrictions to Denmark are liftet

Travel restrictions as a result of COVID-19 no longer apply upon entry into Denmark. You can enter from all countries without the requirement of test or isolation.

But useful that there is a test site (still) at the airport when you can test on arrival for requirement to board the ship

https://www.cph.dk/en/practical/covid19/test-in-copenhagen-airport

Yes I was posting strictly for meeting ship requirements.  Hopefully they still offer thst come August. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, little britain said:

Who knows what the rules will be in May but at £15 each I would take one with me to do as you are there for a few days beforehand. It seems that more and more testing facilities are being closed down and it’s becoming trickier ( and more expensive) to find places to do the tests. I’ve seen €45 for a test in Barcelona. 

When onboard RCI will you your b2b test for free! 
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/can-i-book-back-to-back-cruises-at-this-time

22 hours ago, little britain said:

Who knows what the rules will be in May but at £15 each I would take one with me to do as you are there for a few days beforehand. It seems that more and more testing facilities are being closed down and it’s becoming trickier ( and more expensive) to find places to do the tests. I’ve seen €45 for a test in Barcelona. 

When onboard RCI will you your b2b test for free! 
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/can-i-book-back-to-back-cruises-at-this-time

Thanks, we will take the tests with us and do them the day before going to the port! Happy cruising to you, Dianne