NCL Air

Trimone

Just been to an NCL presentation today explaining the new options, NCL air was presented with £250pp discount, the other thing explained was it included transfers, I immediately booked with knowledge the flights were only around £250 to Athens making it basically free, with Amex cash back plus other perks I feel great 😊 

• Like 1

I've never used it before but plan on doing so later this year.  The big negative to me is not being able to "control" what flights and when.  When I do use it later this year, I plan on flying in a day early which will eat up some of the savings but I don't want to be stressed out due to flight arrival times on the same day of departure.  I've convinced myself that I would never use it for international flights.  

1 hour ago, jemz1949 said:

I've convinced myself that I would never use it for international flights.  

Somewhat the opposite for me because of the significant cost savings for international.

But I fly from a small airport on the west coast, so 2 of the 3 max legs are usually just getting me to an international hub - so a direct flight overseas.  Fewer options so fairly easy to figure out what flights I'll get - often the same as I'd choose anyway.

• Like 3

We have NCL Air for our cruise out of NOLA in April. If I had to book flights myself, we would not have been cruising. The price difference was $2200 booking myself or $498 booking with NCL Air. I would have preferred a slightly earlier flight in the morning, but cannot complain about getting in at 5:45PM. Get to enjoy the nightlife a little, but nothing really more. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bigrednole said:

I would have preferred a slightly earlier flight in the morning,

First I've heard THAT in reference to getting flights through NCL!  Usually they're very early morning flights and people would prefer later...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jemz1949 said:

I've never used it before but plan on doing so later this year.  The big negative to me is not being able to "control" what flights and when.  When I do use it later this year, I plan on flying in a day early which will eat up some of the savings but I don't want to be stressed out due to flight arrival times on the same day of departure.  I've convinced myself that I would never use it for international flights.  

We used NCL Air when we did a 9 night Baltic Cruise back in 2019, it was great.  We were on non-stop flights from Boston to Copenhagen and then back.  We were able to pick our seats so that my husband and I were sitting together.  I would use it again if the deal was right.  We flew SAS which is a very reputable airline.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, erin21497 said:

I chose NCL Air into Barcelona this summer.  For $2000 for my family of 4, there is no way I could have booked cheaper myself.  

Make sure you give yourself a day prior as if they use Iberia the connection is Madrid and they always miss the earlier one and you do not get to Barcelona until 230pm

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tony s said:

Make sure you give yourself a day prior as if they use Iberia the connection is Madrid and they always miss the earlier one and you do not get to Barcelona until 230pm

Good to know, thank you.  I’m planning on 2 days early, just in case.

• Like 1

We will be using NCL air for the first time. Flying out of NOLA to Seattle. Will fly in a day early so I’m not concerned about flight times on this one but I am concerned about our return flight. Hoping we don’t get a midnight return home. Our flight return is same day we disembark the ship

• Like 1

I know this is WAY too ear ly to think about it, but I booked an Alaska cruise with the BOGO air offer and $250.00 deposit for May 2024. We used Charlotte, NC as our airport, which is American's hub, with 90% of flights out of the airport. I'm hoping for a non stop, which American has in the A.M. and a non stop return, which we took on our last Alaska cruise that leaves Seattle around 1:30 P.M. The airfare is $599.00 plus $100.00 transfers. The transfers are high, but the fare is very low.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Schelliebach said:

We are using NCL air for the first time to Europe this fall. How far out do you usually get your flight info?

I cruise to Alaska on May 2nd and some people in the roll call got theirs Friday and mine came late last night. Roughly 43-45 days out. I was able to call Saturday and get my flight info though. 

5 hours ago, Schelliebach said:

We are using NCL air for the first time to Europe this fall. How far out do you usually get your flight info?

We are domestic US, we got our flight info at the 52-day mark. Others in our group got them at 45-days.

1 hour ago, Always Cruising said:

Can a certain airline be requested with NCL air? 

If you are asking about the NCL air promo, nope. Other than having the ability to change the fly in/fly out date, you have no input as to airline, connections or flight times.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Always Cruising said:

Can a certain airline be requested with NCL air? 

740f87cd676348c3dfdadc7b988d3a10.jpg

This is pretty much what it is. Only option you have is # of people, arrival day and departure day. Everything else just comes as it is. You cannot change it. All you can do is choose not to accept it (still pay for it) and book other RT transportation.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 5:07 PM, deliver42 said:

The airfare is $599.00 plus $100.00 transfers. The transfers are high, but the fare is very low.

Remember you can remove the transfers if you want in either direction and find cheaper transportation to/from pier. You do not have to use their transfers.

4 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Not true. I cancelled the air portion of a Med cruise and they "refunded" it back against the total fare cost.

After the flights are booked, they do not refund the flights. You can cancel up until final payment for a refund. After that no bueno.

• Like 1

I booked for the first time the NCL air because of the deal from New Brunswick to New York 252 Canadian for both of us. A good deal !

My question is the ground transportation of each $95.32 that's added is that for a coach bus to and from the airport/ cruise port? Thanks in advance

7 minutes ago, katiecat said:

I booked for the first time the NCL air because of the deal from New Brunswick to New York 252 Canadian for both of us. A good deal !

My question is the ground transportation of each $95.32 that's added is that for a coach bus to and from the airport/ cruise port? Thanks in advance

From Ottawa it is the same great air rate.  I cancelled the NCL transfers as we can get an uber or taxi cheaper than the $95.32 p/p

6 minutes ago, Keata said:

From Ottawa it is the same great air rate.  I cancelled the NCL transfers as we can get an uber or taxi cheaper than the $95.32 p/p

Are you going to New York and getting a uber cheaper? Didn't know I had a option to opt out of ground transportation. I did that once on our first cruise and didn't care for it waiting until the bus filled up.