Last available boarding time for rotterdam

lakedweller64

The good news is that the Fort Lauderdale Airport and Port Everglades are neighbors, though it will take about 18 minutes to transition via cab or rideshare.

I would definitely look at FlightEase and the  help you can get if things go a little south. I’d also look at transfers through the cruise line- basically outsource your risk.

I’d also definitely consider my flight schedule and where holdups might occur.

Is your original flight a nonstop, first plane of the day (a bit more likely to go, and go on time)? Are you on the second (or more) legs of an indirect flight? If so, things that can happen upstream can impact your flight schedule.

When is your trip, and where are you coming from? Are the fog, snow, ice, or other weather concerns that are frequent on your intendeds route/schedule (de-icing wings or a fog delay would be an issue).

Who are you traveling with, and what are your group’s needs/behaviors? If time is tight, there may not be time for a bio break or to “freshen up” in the airport’s restroom. If your’re traveling with a wheelchair or other durable medical equipment, and don’t know exactly who will be pulling your equipment up, is a friend, and will go the extra mile,  your chances of making the connection just dropped. And it goes down much, much further if you have special transportation needs (don’t rely too much on a reservation for an accessible taxi- I’m a Fort Lauderdale native and know both how the system is supposed to work, and how it does. The accessible cab is almost never earlier than 30 minutes, and often 45 minutes or more, after pickup was scheduled. A good reason for booking transfer with the cruise line).

Finally,  is the time of arrival really supposed to be 1pm, or what rounding, if any, have you done? Anything before 1 is to your good. Anything after is a stressor.

That is a scary flight schedule.   This past year has played havoc on schedules and last minute changes are common.  Call flight ease and see if you can get something the previous day.  All aboard time is 4

Hi!  You are taking a TERRIBLE chance of missing your ship with this schedule.  In case you are not aware, the ship is not going to wait for you.  As others have noted there are all sorts of potential for delays.   What happens if your plane is delayed?  What happens if there is a wreck on the highway causing backups?  If it isn't too late fly in the day before and relax.

Deck Chair

7 hours ago, lakedweller64 said:

Our flight lands at FLL.at 1pm on Sunday the 10th.how late can we board.?the Rotterdam sails at 5pm. I know we are cutting it close but flights and prices are crazy right now.thanks

This is a recipe for disaster!

• Like 1