Princess' horrible customer service design (long rant)...

Bruin Steve

I understand what you are say, BUT, Princess does not care.  You are wasting your time and energy.

What I REALLY want is for Princess to understand that...

1)  They really can't treat people differently for how they booked the cruise...especially without any disclosure.

2)  For them to realize that their systems have some major flaws and it would benefit everyone if they'd make an effort to fix them.

3)  That it is really insulting to their customers to claim that the stuff they've PAID for is really a "Complimentary Gift" from a travel agent.  I like my travel agent but she really deserves ZERO credit for MY booking and paying for drinks, WiFi, Gratuities and Specialty Restaurants.  And Princess needs to show appreciation to ME...NOT to my TA!

• Thanks 1

4 questions ...

When did Princess (P) first roll out MedallionNet ?

When did (P) first start using the Medallion phasing out the Cruise Card ?

When did (P) first start using the Medallion "APP" - effectively eliminating the website 'Personalizer' ?

When did (P) first start canceling cruises because of the "Pandemic" ?

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

4 questions ...

When did Princess (P) first roll out MedallionNet ?

When did (P) first start using the Medallion phasing out the Cruise Card ?

When did (P) first start using the Medallion "APP" - effectively eliminating the website 'Personalizer' ?

When did (P) first start canceling cruises because of the "Pandemic" ?

when you & I were on the new Sky Princess Dec 2019 , was the first time I had the Medallion.  No problem for us. 
things are changing all the time. 
glad to see you posting again. 

26 minutes ago, voljeep said:

4 questions ...

When did Princess (P) first roll out MedallionNet ?  Started with the Regal Princess late November 2017.  We were guinea pigs on a Regal cruise in early December 2017.

When did (P) first start using the Medallion phasing out the Cruise Card ?  Same timing as above but it started out as a door opening device.  Slowly enhanced features and added ships but not "fully functional" until after the Covid pause.

When did (P) first start using the Medallion "APP" - effectively eliminating the website 'Personalizer' ?  I noticed it in early June 2021, it shut down right after I downloaded boarding passes for our August 2021 cruise on the Majestic.

When did (P) first start canceling cruises because of the "Pandemic" ?  March 12, 2020 was the date that the full pause was announced but the cancellations technically started with the Diamond Princess in early February 2020.

Not sure who this quiz was directed to but I will play.  Answers above in red.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Not sure who this quiz was directed to but I will play.  Answers above in red.

thanks - we had that original REGAL cruise(s) booked - a 2 day and a 4 day out of FLL - we ended up cancelling when we weren't "chosen" to have the Medallion - select cabins only

12 minutes ago, voljeep said:

thanks - we had that original REGAL cruise(s) booked - a 2 day and a 4 day out of FLL - we ended up cancelling when we weren't "chosen" to have the Medallion - select cabins only

I think we were on the second or third cruise.  Our original cabin wasn't a Medallion cabin but we called to express an interest in one and were moved to it.  I still have the original emails (first was without Medallion and the second after we were moved to the Medallion cabin) - text posted below just for grins.

--------------

Dear Regal Princess Guest,

Your upcoming cruise on Regal Princess is one in a series of preview sailings that will begin to introduce Ocean Medallion Vacations — offering an enhanced and personalized guest experience. As our guest, we deeply value our relationship with you and remain committed to keeping you informed. With that in mind, we are writing to share information about our preview cruise activation schedule.

The creation of Ocean Medallion Vacations involves very sophisticated technology that hasn’t existed prior to now. It also involves extensive modifications to our onboard operations combined with new training for our crew. To most effectively implement our new enhanced guest experiences, we are managing a phased activation process that will make Ocean Medallion Vacations available to a select number of guests on each preview cruise. This will allow us to receive continuous feedback from a controlled number of guests and crew while the ship is in service. During the preview cruise period, which will run into spring 2018, we will activate Ocean Medallion features by adding in groups of staterooms in phases versus activating the entire ship at one time.

What does this mean for you?
The stateroom you selected is not in the group that will be activated during your cruise. You may see guests using the Ocean Medallion while onboard. If you have questions about the Ocean Medallion activation please contact Princess Cruises Customer Service at the phone number below.

All guests on all preview cruises will be among the first to enjoy a collection of new experience enhancements created to make your vacation more connected, engaging and enjoyable. Including:

• MedallionNet™ Wi-Fi – the best wi-fi experience on a cruise ship - fast, reliable, pervasive and affordable with an access point in every stateroom – enabling guests to share their vacation experiences with family and friends more quickly on social media. And during your preview cruise, MedallionNet will be:
    • Complimentary for our Platinum & Elite guests
    • Reduced daily rates for all other guests
  • The newly renovated Princess Cruises terminal at Port Everglades – featuring a multi-million-dollar upgrade that makes your arrival experience more engaging and comfortable.
  • The all-new Princess Cruises’ Sail Away Celebration which includes a thematic and musical sendoff that reflects the destinations that are part of your itinerary, the nationalities of the guests onboard and photos shared by guests and crew.

We thank you for choosing Regal Princess for your upcoming cruise vacation. Whether it’s fresh local cuisine, world-class entertainment or enriching experiences, we look forward to creating memorable moments for you.

Exceeding your expectations is always our commitment and we look forward to hosting you on your upcoming vacation. If you have any questions, please contact your travel professional or contact us by calling 1-800-774-6237 (North America), 0344 338 8663 (UK), 13 24 88 (Australia), or 0800 780 717 (New Zealand).

We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

------------

Dear ,

We are so excited to welcome you aboard Regal Princess as one of the first guests to experience our new Medallion Class service.

It’s important that we speak with you as soon as possible to confirm several important details. Our records indicate we need to collect your address or the address of your travel companion on your reservation so that you will receive your Ocean Medallion — the key to this innovative vacation experience — via mail prior to your cruise. We’d also like to make sure we have the correct size for your Medallion wristband, a complimentary gift for guests sailing on our preview voyages. Click here for instructions on how to determine your correct wristband size. If you have already completed these steps we kindly ask you to contact us to confirm so we can be sure we have placed your order.

Please give us a call today at 1-844-525-0942 so that a member of our Concierge team can assist you with this important step. And if you haven’t already done so, please also take this opportunity to complete guest check-in on your Cruise Personalizer at Princess.com.

Thank you so much for your attention. We look forward to speaking with you.

Princess Customer Service Team

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

3)  That it is really insulting to their customers to claim that the stuff they've PAID for is really a "Complimentary Gift" from a travel agent.  I like my travel agent but she really deserves ZERO credit for MY booking and paying for drinks, WiFi, Gratuities and Specialty Restaurants.  And Princess needs to show appreciation to ME...NOT to my TA!

In my case, we booked directly with Princess.  Even though these items are part of a package they are listed a "compliments of Princess Cruises." For example, we have a location upgrade linked to our account, and it's "compliments" of Princess. 

I think it's just how these inclusions coded in the system, not you being personally targeted by Princess or the medallion system. 

• Like 2

When someone says it's not about the money, it's about the money.  

Yeah, the long hold times currently are awful, but they're also incredibly short staffed and most likely not well trained.  It's not an excuse, but these are people on the other side of the phones trying their best to assist you on your bad day.  Perhaps I've been extremely fortunate, but every Princess representative I've talked with on the phone has be very nice and accommodating.  Especially on the day before I was to fly out I discovered American Airlines cancelled my flight.  While I had already re-booked through United (because of the hold times), they still refunded my money with no fee and apologized for inconvenience, even though they didn't cancel.

• Like 3