Testing

I am arriving in the USA on wed 30th from the UK to take the wonder of the seas cruise on Fri 1st April 

I am worried about the covid testing as have no idea how or where to go for the pre cruise test

I can take an antigen test before departure from UK airport but so stressed about it not being accepted.

The same test in the UK is approved to travel in to the USA.

Please.help?

If it’s good enough to get you into the US, guaranteed it’s good enough for Royal. However you’d need to take the test on the day of your flight in order to meet Royal’s 2 day rule.

Plan B would be to buy a home fit-to-fly antigen test in the UK, take it with you and do it in your hotel the day before your cruise. 

Edited by gumshoe958

2 hours ago, Heymarco said:

You can also make an appointment at any CVS or Walgreens drug store in the US. Simply book ahead of time on their website. Some airports also offer Covid tests upon arrival for a nominal fee.

I don't think $150 per person at the airport is a nominal fee. :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, Button14 said:

Thanks everyone but since I'm in the UK I am unable to access CVS or Walgreens website to make an appointment!.

For US citizens only! 

Can you do the eMed tests? 

5 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

Can you do the eMed tests? 

I don't think they are shipping them to the UK. If they have a day before in Ft. Lauderdale, the best option might be to get on Google and find a walk-in clinic for testing. There seem to be quite a few of them. 

2 hours ago, Button14 said:

Thanks everyone but since I'm in the UK I am unable to access CVS or Walgreens website to make an appointment!.

For US citizens only! 

Easiest option: get tested at the airport in the UK on the day you fly. That same test will get you into the US and on to the cruise. I promise if it’s good enough to satisfy the US immigration authorities, Royal will accept it.

Cheapest option: order a DIY home fit-to-fly antigen test now, from someone like Qured (others are available). Make sure you add the video call option. Do the test on the morning of your flight, which will get you both into the US and on to your cruise.

I would not recommend trying to get tested in the US. Their free/discounted testing regime is largely set up for their own citizens, not foreign tourists. Of course there are places that’ll sell you one but they tend to cost $$$.

Vaccinated guests must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day.

Therefore the test you take on 29th will cover you for 30th for your arrival into the USA and 1st to boarding of the ship. 

8 minutes ago, little britain said:

Vaccinated guests must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day.

Therefore the test you take on 29th will cover you for 30th for your arrival into the USA and 1st to boarding of the ship. 

No it won’t. The 29th would be 3 days. For the same test to be valid for both entry to the US and boarding the cruise,@Button14 would need to take it on the 30th before the flight.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

No it won’t. The 29th would be 3 days. For the same test to be valid for both entry to the US and boarding the cruise,@Button14 would need to take it on the 30th before the flight.

You’re right. March has 31 days. Doh!

@Button14 you can access the cvs app when in the USA. Note you will need to put in a USA mobile and address. Have you got a friend's details you can use?  We used their complimentary testing facility with no issues. 

Where are you staying? The Riverside Hotel on Las Olas offers free tests but I’m not sure how long they take for the results to come back. 

Otherwise get a test at MIA when you land? 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 4:26 AM, little britain said:

UUUUH, he sails on April 1.

March has 31 days.

Test on 29th.  Arrive 30th.  Day off 31st.  Board cruise on April 1st.  That would be testing 3 days before.

As others have said, the OP would need to test on the 30th, the day they fly from the UK.

Using a VPN, they could order eMed tests to be delivered to their hotel and test on the 30th or 31st.

On 3/23/2022 at 10:41 PM, Button14 said:

For US citizens only! 

Can a friend in the US book the appointment for you ahead of time, putting in your info instead of theirs?

3 hours ago, SRF said:

UUUUH, he sails on April 1.

March has 31 days.

Test on 29th.  Arrive 30th.  Day off 31st.  Board cruise on April 1st.  That would be testing 3 days before.

As others have said, the OP would need to test on the 30th, the day they fly from the UK.

Using a VPN, they could order eMed tests to be delivered to their hotel and test on the 30th or 31st.

I have already admitted my error. No need to flog the point 

• Like 2

On 3/24/2022 at 4:01 PM, Button14 said:

Thanks everyone. I am staying at the Kimpton Goodland.

Does the Riverside hotel offer tests for everyone or hotel guests only? 

https://www.canva.com/design/DAEwGBry8TM/MJkbsRPvy22ZBlwkAfRxvA/view?utm_content=DAEwGBry8TM&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=homepage_design_menu&_ga=2.45403748.1168936062.1648227227-580441215.1648227227

Go to Lab Doctor in Ft Lauderdale. It is $45 for quick antigen test. Tried and true accepted for travelling and cruise line. No appointment needed, just walk up. Recommended and used several times by many cruisers and you-tubers. 

Location: Close to Ft Lauderdale port. Across the street from Embassy Suites in FLL. Check out their link. Test is ready emailed to your phone + a paper copy as well. All under 30 min. 

Make sure you are NOT requesting PCR, ask for the rapid antigen test $45. 

https://labdoctor.org/covid-pcr-testing/

Edited by seapad

On 3/24/2022 at 11:01 AM, Button14 said:

Thanks everyone. I am staying at the Kimpton Goodland.

Does the Riverside hotel offer tests for everyone or hotel guests only? 

Can you try contacting the hotel and see if they can help in booking you an appointment?  If they have a concierge they are usually helpful. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 1:41 AM, Button14 said:

For US citizens only! 

Put in the postal code of the hotel you’re staying at. 
I found that worked when I was checking out CVS site on how to make an appt. 

Jenni 

4 hours ago, Button14 said:

Thank you all for your help

Looking at all the options you have given to me but unfortunately do not know anyone in the USA so that won't be an option.

Go with post #20, Seapad is right on the money. You can wait 10 - 20 minutes and walk out with a printed copy. A lot of Canadiens use them to fly home from FLL.