Luggage Valet on Celebrity

badger1829

Does anyone know if this service is still being offered by Celebrity?  It was great when we used it pre-pandemic.

I did email and call Celebrity but I got no response or was transferred so many times, I was disconnected.

The text below is from a very widely used travel agency but they could not answer if the service was still available.

“Luggage Valet is a service offered to help make your return travels as carefree as your cruise. The last evening onboard, you can receive your airline boarding passes, luggage tags and baggage claim checks. The last evening onboard, simply place your checked bags outside your door. Celebrity will take care of the rest. From the ship, to your final destination airport - your luggage will be taken care of. And you won't wait in line at the airport for your boarding passes, because you'll already have them. Hassle-free travel. Designed for You.

This service is available in select ports and with select airlines only. Ports: Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles, Miami, Port Canaveral, San Diego, San Juan, Seattle, Seward and Vancouver. Airlines: Air Canada, Air Tran, Alaska Airlines, American, Continental, Delta, Jet Blue, Southwest Airlines, United and US Airways. Airline participation varies by port. Consult the Guest Relations Desk onboard for specific port qualifications and additional information. An additional fee will apply”

6 hours ago, badger1829 said:

Does anyone know if this service is still being offered by Celebrity?  It was great when we used it pre-pandemic.

I did email and call Celebrity but I got no response or was transferred so many times, I was disconnected.

The text below is from a very widely used travel agency but they could not answer if the service was still available.

“Luggage Valet is a service offered to help make your return travels as carefree as your cruise. The last evening onboard, you can receive your airline boarding passes, luggage tags and baggage claim checks. The last evening onboard, simply place your checked bags outside your door. Celebrity will take care of the rest. From the ship, to your final destination airport - your luggage will be taken care of. And you won't wait in line at the airport for your boarding passes, because you'll already have them. Hassle-free travel. Designed for You.

This service is available in select ports and with select airlines only. Ports: Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles, Miami, Port Canaveral, San Diego, San Juan, Seattle, Seward and Vancouver. Airlines: Air Canada, Air Tran, Alaska Airlines, American, Continental, Delta, Jet Blue, Southwest Airlines, United and US Airways. Airline participation varies by port. Consult the Guest Relations Desk onboard for specific port qualifications and additional information. An additional fee will apply”

The travel agency is giving you out of date information. And some of it is actually incorrect. Even before shutdown, it was discontinued years ago in San Juan.  Not to mention that Celebrity doesnt sail from Port Canaveral.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bye-seaya said:

It wasn’t available at the time of our March 4th sailing (disembarking on March 13) on the EQ in FLL.

I was hoping it would be available, but Guest Relations confirmed it was not. 

Darn it!  I loved that service.  Maybe they will bring it back.  The port of Seattle is the only port that I know of, that has it.

We are on a tight flight @ 11:30 departing from Seattle and this will come in so handy for us !  The criteria is for flights leaving after 11:00 am.  I've already checked into signing up for it and will definitely be using it !!

31 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

I wonder why not at Ft Lauderdale?. Big airport and close to the port. A friend of mine on Princess out of FLL several weeks ago had the luggage valet service. 

Yup, other lines have re-instituted it but Celebrity has not  

• 1 year later...

I am on Celebrity Solstice right now…cruise ends at port of Seattle.

We got the notice yesterday  that this service is offered by Celebrity,

form to request it must be turned in by tomorrow which is day 5 of our 7 night Alaska sailing.

This may be in transition.

it is offered in Seattle and there have been reports that at least one Celebrity ship is doing it out of Fort Lauderdale but the others are not yet.

Now all of the ships except equinox have left Florida for the summer so we’ll have to wait to see what happens when they return next fall.

In Seattle, the service is not through Celebrity.  The program is sponsored by the Port of Seattle.  It is an excellent program.  In Florida, it was not offered on our recent cruise.