Luggage Valet for Debarkation Reflection in FLL?

SUESEABE

Does anyone know if Luggage Valet has resumed and if so, is it inclusive of the Reflection? It is a great service so I hope so. HAL has a similar service called Luggage Direct which I believe has resumed service.

I have seen Luggage Valet confirmed for Equinox only. It was not available on Beyond in April (disembarked 16 April). Most X ships sailed to Europe in late April, but Equinox stayed in FL. Hopefully X will roll out Luggage Valet to the other ships when they return to Florida. If you will be on a fall TA, I don’t believe Luggage Valet can be offered on TAs.

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 2

I can confirm that Luggage Valet was restarted on Equinox in early April - we were on that sailing and received the notice in our cabin. As Silkroad said, most of the other ships left within a week or two of our disembarkation, so I doubt LV was restarted on them.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

One more question....once Celebrity takes your bags, do you have to pick them up and check them in at the airport, or do they leave your possession the night before disembarkation and you pick them up at  your final destination?

34 minutes ago, DeltaDude said:

I'm on the Equinox in two weeks and I'm thrilled to know that the luggage valet program is back!  Do you have to pre-register for it?  If not, how do you sign up?  Is there an additional cost to it?

Yes, you pre-register for it.  I don't know how it's done now but in the past there was a form you filled out - they announced it's availability during the sailing.  Yes, there is an additional cost but not sure what it is since the restart.  If I'm not mistaken they go directly to your final destination, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about that.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 39august said:

Form will be delivered to your cabin during the cruise. Last May the price was $29 per bag. You do not see your luggage after setting out the night before debarkation until you arrive at your home airport. 

There are additional costs that may be imposed by your airline.  No costs on Southwest but other airlines may impose a fee.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeltaDude said:

One more question....once Celebrity takes your bags, do you have to pick them up and check them in at the airport, or do they leave your possession the night before disembarkation and you pick them up at  your final destination?

You leave them outside your stateroom, and pick them up at your final destination (airport). Special luggage tags are provided.

• Like 2