Internet cost

patty1955

You can purchase internet as follows:

The Email Plan $60

This plan gives you 200 MB of data to use during your cruise. This plan is recommended for people who will be checking email and doing very limited browsing. The estimated minutes range from 15 to 60.

The Surfing Plan $120

This plan gives you 500 MB of data to use for additional browsing and small file transfers (such as posting pictures to a social media site). The estimated minutes range from 90 to 360 (approximately 5 hours).

The Unlimited Plan -

Unlimited Internet Package

-7 Day Cost $250

-8 Day Cost $280

-9 Day Cost $315

-10 Day Cost $350

-11 Day Cost $385

-14 Day Cost $490

-15 Day Cost $525

This plan gives you unlimited internet access. You have no worries about how much time you spend on the internet.

How can I get internet access on board?

Guests can purchase Internet Usage Plans prior to their cruise through a Vacation Planner or on board at Reception. These plans can be used on personal laptops or smart devises that are Wi-Fi enabled.

Computers for public use are available on board.

4 hours ago, ridethetide said:

You can purchase internet as follows:

The Email Plan $60

This plan gives you 200 MB of data to use during your cruise. This plan is recommended for people who will be checking email and doing very limited browsing. The estimated minutes range from 15 to 60.

The Surfing Plan $120

This plan gives you 500 MB of data to use for additional browsing and small file transfers (such as posting pictures to a social media site). The estimated minutes range from 90 to 360 (approximately 5 hours).

The Unlimited Plan -

Unlimited Internet Package

-7 Day Cost $250

-8 Day Cost $280

-9 Day Cost $315

-10 Day Cost $350

-11 Day Cost $385

-14 Day Cost $490

-15 Day Cost $525

This plan gives you unlimited internet access. You have no worries about how much time you spend on the internet.

How can I get internet access on board?

Guests can purchase Internet Usage Plans prior to their cruise through a Vacation Planner or on board at Reception. These plans can be used on personal laptops or smart devises that are Wi-Fi enabled.

Computers for public use are available on board.

Thank you!

On 3/24/2022 at 7:39 PM, patty1955 said:

I think I asked this before but I can't find anything. 

How much is the internet on Windstar? Where would I find the specific price for our cruise? Can I pay for just a day or two?

Thank you!

In the past, I thought you could only buy the unlimited package for your whole cruise. I'm currently on an ocean crossing and one of the passengers told me that they were able to buy it for a 24 hour period without getting it for the whole cruise. I don't know if that was an exception made because it's a crossing (13 days with just one port call near the end - they wanted to touch base with family back home mid cruise) or if it's being generally allowed now.

If on a Star Collector, you could buy it for one segment of the Collector. The one time I bought it, I was on a 17 day Star Collector, the first segment had 3 sea days and we'd booked last minute so I wanted internet as I was still setting up some excursions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

In researching  a cruise for this April, 16 night collectors cruise Barcelona to Istanbul, the Windstar agent quoted me unlimited wifi for $35 per person per day, one device connected at a time. I clarified that each of the two people would have to pay but only one could be connected at a time, and the agent said yes.

So $35/day x 2 people x 16 days is

$1,120.00.

Does this allow your phone to make and receive phone calls? Seems like a problem of only having one device at a time hooked up if two people can't receive phone calls.

If only one person at a time can use the wifi, can you just buy one unlimited package even if you have 2 people to a cabin?

Thank you

3 hours ago, moonjelly said:

Does this allow your phone to make and receive phone calls? Seems like a problem of only having one device at a time hooked up if two people can't receive phone calls.

If only one person at a time can use the wifi, can you just buy one unlimited package even if you have 2 people to a cabin?

This was confusing for me until I got it sorted out. Each time I called Windstar, I got a different answer. Just got off the Star Pride and you were allowed 1 device PER account. As we both purchased the unlimited drink, internet and gratuities, we each got one hook up with one device at a time. When I switched from phone to iPad, I logged off and logged in again. 

I have had success with receiving and making calls with the package. Note that the internet service isn't fantastic - we had one day on a 10 day cruise where it didn't work much of the day. The data rate can be slow at times. 

When I bought unlimited internet on a cruise (January 2020) they didn't require buying it for both people in the cabin. I bought just one package. I haven't bought it since then because since then I get it for free as a 4-star Yacht Club member. 

On 11/8/2022 at 10:08 PM, moonjelly said:

Have you had success calling and receiving calls on your cell phone with the onboard wifi package?

The only ship I've been successful doing that is Celebrity's Edge using streaming WiFi. Worked great although only used it 4 or 5 times. 

• 1 year later...
On 11/7/2022 at 5:28 PM, moonjelly said:

In researching  a cruise for this April, 16 night collectors cruise Barcelona to Istanbul, the Windstar agent quoted me unlimited wifi for $35 per person per day, one device connected at a time. I clarified that each of the two people would have to pay but only one could be connected at a time, and the agent said yes.

$1,120.00.

Thank you

Just as a note...you don't have to buy all inclusive package for both people in a cabin.  We were on the Windsurf in May, and bought just one all in package under my name.  So my husband could use internet when I wasn't using it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 2:28 PM, moonjelly said:

$1,120.00.

Thank you

What you were told is incorrect. It is one device at a time per package. So if you each buy it (2×$35/day), you can each have one device connected simultaneously. 

Yes, you can buy just one package. I have done that.

Is your cruise more than one segment (a b2b cruise)? We had a 17 day Cruise Collector once that we got last minute. The first segment had 3 sea days and I was still making arrangements for some ports so I wanted WiFi for that but didn't need it for the other segment so I just bought the package for the first segment.

Also, with the newer system on the motor yachts you can get buy the package by the day. E.g. perhaps you generally don't need it on port days when you can use cellular data or wifi in a cafe, but you want it for a sea day. The sail ships don't have that system yet, you can only get it for a whole cruise segment on them. I expect they will get the new system in the announced upgrades.

Edited by new_cruiser