COVID on QE

rakkor

1 minute ago, BouncingWheel said:

Just came back on the ship to be told to report to our room and contact the medical centre. We are now awaiting testing.

🤞 You are OK but it's good to hear that the contact tracing works.

• Like 1

i feel fine  - slightly chesty and a sniffle - like low level cold so far - Jane was negative but that might not last cooped up with me

Sorry for giving you up, but we cracked under interrogation! It was the right thing to do

Edited by rakkor
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BouncingWheel said:

Contact tracking is obviously excellent for them to track us down using just our Christian names and cruise critic username 😂

Did you order drinks at the same time/location ? 

1 minute ago, Host Hattie said:

Did you order drinks at the same time/location ? 

No, but maybe Jane knows more about us than we thought 😉

Pam and I just had our LFT test done. We know there are a few in quarantine recently as the male singer disappeared after about day 2 and the quiz DJ is apparently in quarantine. Que sera sera. As long as vaccines and boosters do their job and we don’t get seriously ill then I will accept whatever the results as we knew the situation / rules before we boarded and decided it was worth the risk.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, rakkor said:

i feel fine  - slightly chesty and a sniffle - like low level cold so far - Jane was negative but that might not last cooped up with me

Sorry for giving you up, but we cracked under interrogation! It was the right thing to do

I am not sure your quiz knowledge was worth the close contact risk - it’s not like we ever won🤣

however @Camgirland us won last night🏆 OK they won but we basked in their glory.

Don’t feel bad. We have enjoyed the cruise so far and getting to know you - for us meeting people is a big plus of cruising.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BouncingWheel said:

Pam and I both tested negative and we are free to continue as per normal.

Us too - phew! That was a horrid half hour wait! 

Rakkor, I hope you soon feel better and that Jane manages to avoid it. So sorry your holiday has ended up in quarantine. Pretty impressed with the ship finding us all though.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, rakkor said:

Excellent news, lets hope Andy and Sarah are the same

Sorry, simultaneous posting! We are both negative too. 

Take care, we are thinking of you. And watching for any symptoms in us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

It's not much consolation but there will be FCC for the days in isolation.

Jane spoke with the concierge desk and apparently no FCC to compensate spending half the cruise in a downgraded room

If you’re required to isolate/quarantine during your time on board, you’ll be given a non-refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) pro-rated for the duration of your isolation/quarantine period. This FCC (which for UK guests is not ABTA or ATOL protected) can be used on any new booking made and is valid for two years from the date of issue. 

From the website.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, rakkor said:

Jane spoke with the concierge desk and apparently no FCC to compensate spending half the cruise in a downgraded room

I can see that @exlondoner has already copied the relevant part of the website but I hope you get a resolution soon

Jane's just had a nice chat with Mark @BouncingWheel and apparently they were together with @Camgirl coming back on board when the Klaxons went off and they were pulled over for testing. It's nice to know that the source was outside our bubble.

Edited by rakkor
  • Like 1

Am I missing something?  It seems to me that the downgrade is effectively covered because the credit would be based on pro-rata of the fare paid which I would presume would be higher than if based on a Britannia fare.

Roy

8 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Am I missing something?  It seems to me that the downgrade is effectively covered because the credit would be based on pro-rata of the fare paid which I would presume would be higher than if based on a Britannia fare.

Roy

No, the result is the same, I just thought the concierge might be telling Jane that there's no compensation for the downgrade.