COVID on QE

rakkor

Captain announcement this morning stating there were now a number cases onboard and to be extra vigilant and follow procedures. The number of events seem a lot lower than normal and there has not been any other events after the last theatre show  at 10pm - My guess is this is due to staff numbers being down to isolation.

16 hours ago, rakkor said:

Jane's just had a nice chat with Mark @BouncingWheel and apparently they were together with @Camgirl coming back on board when the Klaxons went off and they were pulled over for testing. It's nice to know that the source was outside our bubble.

Did they establish how it got onboard in the first place? What are people saying about how it got onboard? And could you have said no we are not get locked in the cabin for 5 or 10 days we will get off the next port? Although making your way from Norway might be hard

Edited by ace2542

11 minutes ago, BouncingWheel said:

Captain announcement this morning stating there were now a number cases onboard and to be extra vigilant and follow procedures. The number of events seem a lot lower than normal and there has not been any other events after the last theatre show  at 10pm - My guess is this is due to staff numbers being down to isolation.

Do you take statement to mean that the last cruise was a zero or acceptable level of infection onboard? Or is that not the feeling you get?. Do you get the feeling the last cruise had infection and maybe crew members where isolating and the outbreak has come in from that situation?

Edited by ace2542

11 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Did they establish how it got onboard in the first place? What are people saying about how it got onboard? And could you have said no we are not get locked in the cabin for 5 or 10 days we will get off the next port? Although making your way from Norway might be hard

I doubt Norway or any country would allow that.

• Like 1

Just now, Host Hattie said:

I doubt Norway or any country would allow that.

I think the UK would they are dropping all restrictions on Monday aren't they like testing, tracing, everything aren't they?

And if that is correct then what happen on ships sailing out of lets say Spain for example Rakkor had tested positive with 3 days left and facing an isolation period greater than the length of the cruise?

There's no need to speculate, it's all explained on the Cunard website -

"All UK resident guests who test positive for Covid-19, and are in isolation on their return to Southampton, will be able to travel home to isolate after disembarkation. This can be in your own car (if you parked in Southampton) or via a private hire car, which would be organised by us. We ask that you check with your insurance provider as they may reimburse for travel costs associated with a positive Covid-19 test. If your provider won’t cover the cost of your journey home, we’ll take care of it for you."

Just to note that it's restrictions in England that are changing not necessarily the whole of the UK.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

There's no need to speculate, it's all explained on the Cunard website -

"All UK resident guests who test positive for Covid-19, and are in isolation on their return to Southampton, will be able to travel home to isolate after disembarkation. This can be in your own car (if you parked in Southampton) or via a private hire car, which would be organised by us. We ask that you check with your insurance provider as they may reimburse for travel costs associated with a positive Covid-19 test. If your provider won’t cover the cost of your journey home, we’ll take care of it for you."

Just to note that it's restrictions in England that are changing not necessarily the whole of the UK.

So what would have happened if Rakkor and Jane had been doing a b2b and staying on for the next trip of the QE for the sake of argument since I don't know what lets say that is the western med? If one or both test negative on that disembarkation  and embarkation day are they ok to continue?  Or are they offloaded and do they lose that portion of the trip or is that portion refunded?

I ask this question because in Aug/Sept me and my father are doing QM2 eastbound and Fjords b2b transferring cabins - a process which I believe is done internally - and we are checked in right the way through in Brooklyn.

12 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

So what would have happened if Rakkor and Jane had been doing a b2b and staying on for the next trip of the QE for the sake of argument since I don't know what lets say that is the western med? If one or both test negative on that disembarkation  and embarkation day are they ok to continue?  Or are they offloaded and do they lose that portion of the trip or is that portion refunded?

I ask this question because in Aug/Sept me and my father are doing QM2 eastbound and Fjords b2b transferring cabins - a process which I believe is done internally - and we are checked in right the way through in Brooklyn.

Nobody knows what will be happening in August.

Can we keep this thread for updates from the current cruise rather than speculation about the future ?

Thank you

11 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Hope you're feeling OK today

I am feeling fine - a bit of a  cough and sniffle - boredom doesn't help though, we're missing the quizzes but @BouncingWheel gave us a call with this morning's quiz questions, I can't wait for this afternoon's music quiz

• Like 2

They are so far, we are having the PG menus delivered daily, although there was a bit of a mix up in which was the PG menu - The one sent by the Concierge was different to the one that room service had. We've had another menu sent today one from room service and one from the Maitre'd this time and the Diinner menus are different again

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Do you take statement to mean that the last cruise was a zero or acceptable level of infection onboard? Or is that not the feeling you get?. Do you get the feeling the last cruise had infection and maybe crew members where isolating and the outbreak has come in from that situation?

We spoke to a waiter in Britannia who had just finished two weeks isolation in his cabin, as a close contact to someone who tested positive. So, there has definately been some level of infection on board before the current cruise. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Camgirl said:

We spoke to a waiter in Britannia who had just finished two weeks isolation in his cabin, as a close contact to someone who tested positive. So, there has definately been some level of infection on board before the current cruise. 

That is terrible. Cunard should offer Rakkor the full refund over that? And any others because if true then it seems like none of the new passengers where patient zero. Although it probably also true that some people have not gone to the medical centre.

Edited by ace2542

The corridor is filling up, we have neighbours in 6136 according to Jane. We had a  call from the medical centre this evening asking how I felt and what my symptoms were and whether I had a temperature. They sent up a digital thermometer to test (slightly elevated @ 37.8 but to be honest to be expected) 

All of this kerfuffle is messing up my blog writing, which some will say is no bad thing, but sitting in a quarantine room makes for dull reading.

Edited by rakkor
  • Like 2