COVID on QE

rakkor

19 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

as has been said, it looks like the recovery cert only shows if you have had the PCR test, not the LFTs. 

I feel 100% recovered from my Covid bout, but my husband now has it! I was able to register my results on the NHS site, but now the rules have changed my husband can’t do that. There are no drive in PCR centres either. So Covid recovery certificate may be a thing of the past, which might be a problem if you are travelling soon and are worried about showing a positive test result, even though you have recovered. 

From now on no tests , so no one will know  if you've had it or recovered. Except for few people.

Those like you husband who I presume tested positive in March and registered it, are left in limbo. It used to be 10 days before they assumed you'd recovered, now I think it's less.

29 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

From now on no tests , so no one will know  if you've had it or recovered. Except for few people.

Those like you husband who I presume tested positive in March and registered it, are left in limbo. It used to be 10 days before they assumed you'd recovered, now I think it's less.

There are companies out there who will issue a GMC member signed recovery certificate after conditions are met.

It will, of course, cost and I have no idea if a non NHS cert will be acceptable.

Worth investigating though if recovery certs are still required,

It’s really difficult to know how to proceed. I will be checking both airline and cruise pre boarding requirements because my other half and I are both in this limbo situation. I have recorded a positive test with the NHS, can’t register a negative though. My husband succumbed on 2 April so can’t register his positive test.

I’m going to contact our GP surgery for info later.

It has been well over a week now since @rakkor started this thread after testing positive and being moved into quarantine. I hope you are both still doing OK - maybe you are no longer positive?

We are both still positive and feeling a bit ropey but then again we were 5 days behind you when we succumbed.

Edited by BouncingWheel

2 hours ago, rakkor said:

I tested this morning (day 10) - Still positive - I feel fine, Jane has vertigo

How come you are still positive after ten days? I thought most tested negative again around about day 7?

6 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

How come you are still positive after ten days? I thought most tested negative again around about day 7?

Obviously not in my case, the current government advice of 5 days isolation seems to be tailored around gaining herd immunity than stopping community spread.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I had it in January (caught at home, not on a ship) and tested positive for 11 days, even though I felt fine after 5 or 6. 

Edited by elmsliebev

8 minutes ago, elmsliebev said:

I had it in January (caught at home, not on a ship) and tested positive for 11 days, even though I felt fine after 5 or 6. 

I have two friends who have been rather poorly with the virus [both healthy and fully vaccinated] and one had faint lines at 12 days which i think still means positive. She still felt poorly so wasn't surprised.

Pesky virus affects folk in different ways which is why it's so unpredictable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

All the people I know who have had Covid have still tested positive at day 9 or later - I don't know anyone who tested negative as early as day 6 or 7.  Maybe some do but that seems to be an exception rather than typical.

7 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

It’s really difficult to know how to proceed. I will be checking both airline and cruise pre boarding requirements because my other half and I are both in this limbo situation. I have recorded a positive test with the NHS, can’t register a negative though. My husband succumbed on 2 April so can’t register his positive test.

I’m going to contact our GP surgery for info later.

For most countries,  the most you need is vaccination certificate  from  NHS app, and perhaps  a negative test PCR or LFT depending on country. Dont think any ask for a recovery certificate,  perhaps for non vaccinated. 

4 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

For most countries,  the most you need is vaccination certificate  from  NHS app, and perhaps  a negative test PCR or LFT depending on country. Dont think any ask for a recovery certificate,  perhaps for non vaccinated. 

I’m just worried we show positive on a test, even though we are immune. 

47 minutes ago, Kristal Blade said:

I’m just worried we show positive on a test, even though we are immune. 

It is a concern that everyone has.  Having had a full set of vaccine jabs including the booster does not offer 100% guarantee of being immune from being infected.  It is the same as having had an annual flu jab does not guarantee you won't get flu.  However it substantially reduces the chance that you will get infected - and in the case of Omicron it is not a guarantee you won't be infected and test positive - but if you have had the full set of vaccines then if you do get infected there is a high probability the symptoms will be mild unless you are unlucky.  If you have had the full set of vaccines and then get Covid then once recovered there is very low chance you would be infected again with the same variant for some months at least. But just like colds and flu, as new variants emerge then you can get the new strains. So it is a balance of risk and we all have to make decisions about whether we are prepared to go out and do things in life, and accept the level of risk of getting Covid, or we can isolate permanently and never go out or be anywhere near anyone else. Clearly enough people are prepared to 'go for it' and book a cruise and take that chance and hope we are not going to be one of the small percentage of unlucky ones.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mcloaked said:

It is a concern that everyone has.  Having had a full set of vaccine jabs including the booster does not offer 100% guarantee of being immune from being infected.  It is the same as having had an annual flu jab does not guarantee you won't get flu.  However it substantially reduces the chance that you will get infected - and in the case of Omicron it is not a guarantee you won't be infected and test positive - but if you have had the full set of vaccines then if you do get infected there is a high probability the symptoms will be mild unless you are unlucky.  If you have had the full set of vaccines and then get Covid then once recovered there is very low chance you would be infected again with the same variant for some months at least. But just like colds and flu, as new variants emerge then you can get the new strains. So it is a balance of risk and we all have to make decisions about whether we are prepared to go out and do things in life, and accept the level of risk of getting Covid, or we can isolate permanently and never go out or be anywhere near anyone else. Clearly enough people are prepared to 'go for it' and book a cruise and take that chance and hope we are not going to be one of the small percentage of unlucky ones.

Yes, I’m up for getting back to “normal “. We are fully vacced and boosted, plus had Covid. I know immunity lasts for only 35 days but what if I test positive in a couple weeks, when I’m ready to fly/cruise? I would be chucked off the flight, even though I’m not infective. 
In an ideal world we stop testing!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kristal Blade said:

Yes, I’m up for getting back to “normal “. We are fully vacced and boosted, plus had Covid. I know immunity lasts for only 35 days but what if I test positive in a couple weeks, when I’m ready to fly/cruise? I would be chucked off the flight, even though I’m not infective. 
In an ideal world we stop testing!!

If you had Covid less than three months ago you would be very unlikely to become infected and test positive even if you were exposed to people who are currently infected. Over a period of months immunity will gradually wane.  However the way we see it, having had Covid, if we are exposed to others who are infected then it will likely just make our immune system 'top up' the immunity level! Of course it is possible to do your own lateral flow test before travelling to check that you are negative, if you can get hold of a set of LFT test kits. If you have just done your own test then it is unlikely any test done by the travel company, whether for a flight, coach trip or a cruise would then be different within a day or so.

DH and I had covid back in january/february. Hubby tested positive for about 11/12 days. I was clear in 6 days. He caught it before me and was poorly for about 3 weeks. I caught it 2 days after him was poorly for 1 day and then just felt like a cold. Test positive on the saturday  and negative following thursday.

I tested positive on 16 March but was well aware the negative tests in the 48 hours before were false as I was very unwell at that point and knew most of the family had already tested positive.  I continued to test positive until 29 March and still have some symptoms such as the cough and lack of energy.  Interestingly my husband has now tested positive on 31 March so assumedly from another source.  He felt fine by day 4 but his tests are still positive.  

The NHS website seems a little preoccupied with high temperature which strangely I never had.  Reading the new Spanish cruise ship protocols they too have an emphasis on temperature readings. I cannot see how the health questionnaire in its present form will work for UK residents as without community testing/tracing from the NHS no one will have a definitive answer to in the past 14 days etc.

Edited by Megabear2

I am a member of a Covid vaccine trial team. Now I have, or am recovering from, Covid I have to do temperature, pulse rate and blood oxygen saturation measures 3 times a day as well as provide nasal swabs and spit samples. Lovely! But I also have a check list of symptoms to go through daily too. They are many and varied, ranging from headache to nausea, sore throat to brain fog. It’s a long list. I had general cold symptoms but my husband had severe shivering and an elevated temperature for 1 day. He has a very deep, chesty cough. I have no cough. 
It’s a strange virus.

I have a couple of boxes of my own LFT tests and we are using them to check if we are still positive. I understand Tesco is stocking them so I’m sure I can buy more, at a reasonable price, later. 

Stay safe, everyone and get well soon to fellow sufferers, including Rakkor who kicked this discussion off for us.

• Like 3