COVID on QE

rakkor

I was getting a little sore this morning, then after breakfast sitting in the Grills lounge I was getting a bit sniffily so we came back to the room and tested - came up positive. I can only hope I've not passed it onto @Camgirloor @BouncingWheelwho we sat with at the quiz yesterday

Edited by rakkor

43 minutes ago, rakkor said:

I was getting a little sore this morning, then after breakfast sitting in the Grills lounge I was getting a bit sniffily so we came back to the room and tested - came up positive. I can only hope I've not passed it onto @Camgirloor @BouncingWheelwho we sat with at the quiz yesterday

Poor you - and poor Jane. Let us know what happens to you.

I wouldn't think so, I never got too close to them, my money is on either the Tromso Northern Lights trip as people were getting on and off the coach without masks all the time we were parked up (3 nights ago) Jane even commented very loudly that if people don't put their masks on we'll all have covid before the end of the holiday. That shamed a couple to put them on. Also the guy on table next to us has a cold, but we were unaware of this until last night at dinner.

It's really annoying as Jane is manic about mask wearing and had washing, so we're never out without it.

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Poor you - and poor Jane. Let us know what happens to you.

I shall be blogging from my sick bed 🙂  We've had a blue suited medic come around to take a swab for a PCR test from both of us, but the LFT  I did earlier was pretty emphatically positive. So now we are waiting to see what happens next 

1 hour ago, rakkor said:

So sorry to hear this and I wish you a very quick recovery.  A reminder to all of us that omicron is still out there.  Take care and feel better!  - or I should say, take care and test negative soon.

Edited by alc13

29 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Have they given you the choice ?

They did - but Jane locked by herself is probably a worse fate than catching covid. Who would she be able to shout at?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, rakkor said:

They did - but Jane locked by herself is probably a worse fate than catching covid. Who would she be able to shout at?

That's good that you were given a choice, I'm not sure I would have made the same one !

Are you being moved ?

Thank you very much for providing information about what this is like for you. It’s a real kindness to do this rather than just being angry/upset about it (which you would be justified in doing). I’m really sorry thoughtless people created this situation for you!

• Like 1

Feel very sorry for you but thank you for keeping us in the loop.

It does make me even more determined to continue with our mask with added filter regime when onboard and less likely to book any tours, Cunard or otherwise.

• Like 2

Right - I'm not a happy bunny. We've packed all our stuff and been moved to 6138 which is a Britannia balcony cabin. There are no towels, no dressing gowns or slippers, only two pillows and the bed configuration is wrong, we had a twin for my leg. No paperwork either, menus stationary or bottled water.

It's only two cruises since we were in Britannia but the rooms seem very small compared with a P1

I had a right old moan at the pursers office about not being in a suite but I get the impression he wasn't interested. Housekeeping have been wonderful though - sorting out our deficiencies

Hopefully they'll bring the missing items and sort out the beds for you but I can understand it must be disappointing after having the extra space. Will you be able to have PG food at least ?

Apologies for all the questions....

12 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Hopefully they'll bring the missing items and sort out the beds for you but I can understand it must be disappointing after having the extra space. Will you be able to have PG food at least ?

Apologies for all the questions....

No idea - But I would hope so - The steak on the room service menu is $15  and included in PG plus it's pretty limited for 5 days lockdown - to compound things the WIFI signal in the room is terrible, Using my 4G at the mo, but when at sea it will be problematic

4 hours ago, rakkor said:

Are the people you where in close contact with at the quiz and elsewhere being tested do you know? Are the people off the bus tour being tested do you know? Or does Cunard not have the testing capacity for that?

I don't know, the medical centre called us to contact trace and we gave out details of our recent contacts and tours, the issue is we don't know Andy and Sarah's or Mark and Pam's surnames

@rakkor What terrible news! First, I hope your case is mild. Second, I hope Jane doesn’t test positive. Third, I hope they find the other people who have it! I don’t understand how they can move you out of suite and then charge you for what should be included. Give ‘em #### Jane!

10 minutes ago, rakkor said:

I don't know, the medical centre called us to contact trace and we gave out details of our recent contacts and tours, the issue is we don't know Andy and Sarah's or Mark and Pam's surnames

Have they been active on your roll call ? Might they see a post there ?