How do Transfers work?

chloemonkey

Considering doing a pre and post hotel through Oceania and saw that the transfer from airport, to hotel and then to cruise ship was included (and vice versa on the return trip).  I was wondering how that would work as I can see the entire group gathering to board a bus, etc. after checkout time and then travelling to the port.....but how would that work on the "post" cruise end?  i.e. our flight is very early the next morning.....and there are probably any number of varying departure times among passengers......

Thanks to you more experienced and knowledgeable Oceania passengers in advance....

53 minutes ago, chloemonkey said:

Considering doing a pre and post hotel through Oceania and saw that the transfer from airport, to hotel and then to cruise ship was included (and vice versa on the return trip).  I was wondering how that would work as I can see the entire group gathering to board a bus, etc. after checkout time and then travelling to the port.....but how would that work on the "post" cruise end?  i.e. our flight is very early the next morning.....and there are probably any number of varying departure times among passengers......

Thanks to you more experienced and knowledgeable Oceania passengers in advance....

I would think same way—“O” will put together a listen of times and you’ll be assigned a time and bus.

When you arrive at the airport  you find the O rep after you claim your baggage

They will direct you to the bus  where you wait  for others to arrive then you are transported to the hotel

On embarkation day you will be notified what time to meet in the lobby to get the bus to the port

I would compare prices for DIY hotel & transfer 

The O hotel package is PP prices  ..sometimes it works  sometime it is  more expensive that DIY

Not sure how the transfer to the airport from hotel works  for early flights  but probably you tell them when your flight is & they give you time & location to meet the bus to the airport

JMO

We've taken an O hotel with included transfers on a pre-cruise and it has worked well.  Once you collect your luggage and clear customs/immigration, a driver with our name on a card met us and drove us to our hotel (it was a private limo); very comfortable and convenient.  Our flight arrived late, yet he waited for us.  There is an O representative at the hotel, whereby she gave us the time to have our luggage outside our room to be collected and what time to be in the lobby for the bus to cruise port portion. It was about half full. 

For the transfer from cruise to airport: you will receive paperwork for disembarking on the ship a few days prior to the end of the cruise and you identify you have an included transfer and the time of your flight.  We met in the lounge and were given a bus number and soon after boarded a bus (not full approximately 10 guests) and drove to the airport.  Hope this helps. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

When you arrive at the airport  you find the O rep after you claim your baggage

They will direct you to the bus  where you wait  for others to arrive then you are transported to the hotel

On embarkation day you will be notified what time to meet in the lobby to get the bus to the port

I would compare prices for DIY hotel & transfer 

The O hotel package is PP prices  ..sometimes it works  sometime it is  more expensive that DIY

Not sure how the transfer to the airport from hotel works  for early flights  but probably you tell them when your flight is & they give you time & location to meet the bus to the airport

JMO

So if the price listed shows $600 for the hotel.....that means per person???  Sounds ridiculously high as if I check the hotel rates on Tripadvisor they are much lower....I don't mind paying more to give the money to Oceania and have more of a sense of security.....but did not notice anywhere that the fees quoted for hotels was only for "one" person?  

17 minutes ago, chloemonkey said:

So if the price listed shows $600 for the hotel.....that means per person???  Sounds ridiculously high as if I check the hotel rates on Tripadvisor they are much lower....I don't mind paying more to give the money to Oceania and have more of a sense of security.....but did not notice anywhere that the fees quoted for hotels was only for "one" person?  

It is ridiculously high. We often stay at the same pre-Cruise hotel as O uses and DIY for the same (or less) price quote. But our booking cost is per room not per person, (which is what O charges). As for transfers: contact the hotel concierge for options.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chloemonkey said:

When you look online at the Hotel package  there is  a notation at the bottom of the description

"Prices are per person, based on double occupancy and subject to availability."

Just now, LHT28 said:

When you look online at the Hotel package  there is  a notation at the bottom of the description

It’s just like their insurance. It looks reasonable until you see “per person.”

36 minutes ago, zoncom said:

O Hotels are a RIPOFF. Spend a little time on hotel booking sites  and SAVE .

Hopefully, you’re talking about the actual hotel websites and not third party bookers like Hotels.com or Expedia. 
Actual hotels will match any published third party site and also have discounts for seniors/AAA, gov’t workers etc.. Most importantly, you’ll get your FF points with a direct hotel booking and, if you call to make the reservation, you may be able to score added perks.

In fact, the only time I’ve ever seen a better “third party” deal (because of the added perks) is everyone’s favorite “big box” store.

2 minutes ago, janecambridge said:

Is there a particular hotel Oceania use in Miami? Flying in from Uk a day early.Thanks.

Easiest answer is to go to O’s website for your cruise and look at land options. It’ll list pre and post hotels for your cruise. Because of various reasons, their hotel selections changes .

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, janecambridge said:

Is there a particular hotel Oceania use in Miami? Flying in from Uk a day early.Thanks.

I would just book your own hotel unless you want a 5*  hotel

Looks like Four Seasons Miami on Brickell 

2 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

We have always been happy with Intercontinental....not the cheapest but comfortable and great restaurant for dinner....

Oceania often uses the Intercontinental in Miami. And so do we (at half the price O charges when you understand that O’s price is “per person.”

In any case, if you cruise intercontinentally (and want consistent quality), you can never go wrong with Intercontinental Hotels. 

• Like 2

On 4/3/2022 at 11:32 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Oceania often uses the Intercontinental in Miami. And so do we (at half the price O charges when you understand that O’s price is “per person.”

In any case, if you cruise intercontinentally (and want consistent quality), you can never go wrong with Intercontinental Hotels. 

We use the Miami Intercontinental as well....great view of the cruise port.  I always book directly with the hotel's site.

Apologies in advance for my ignorance....but I am still confused as to whether or not the prices listed for pre and post hotels on the Oceania site, are actually "per person" or not.  And YES, I have already contacted Oceania but as of yet have not received a reply.

The prices listed for pre and post hotels on the Oceania site are already almost double what I can find on other independent sites.  So that is why I am having trouble believing that the prices posted on Oceania are "per person".....

Again, this may be the case - but I have done independent hotels and transfers in the past....but with the way things are in the world these days, my health situation etc......I was leaning towards just going with the "group" that would be booking with Oceania for our transfer and hotel needs.

Any input would be appreciated.  

4 minutes ago, chloemonkey said:

Apologies in advance for my ignorance....but I am still confused as to whether or not the prices listed for pre and post hotels on the Oceania site, are actually "per person" or not.  And YES, I have already contacted Oceania but as of yet have not received a reply.

The prices listed for pre and post hotels on the Oceania site are already almost double what I can find on other independent sites.  So that is why I am having trouble believing that the prices posted on Oceania are "per person".....

Again, this may be the case - but I have done independent hotels and transfers in the past....but with the way things are in the world these days, my health situation etc......I was leaning towards just going with the "group" that would be booking with Oceania for our transfer and hotel needs.

You've got the correct answer more than once here. I really would listen to the people here that know how it works. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chloemonkey said:

No apologies necessary.  In all our years on Oceania, only once did I see an Oceania sponsored hotel stay where the charge was per room.  Other than that it was always per person, and like Flatbush Flyer on a few occasions we have booked the same hotel Oceania was using at a fraction of the price.  You DO get some perks (free transfers, sometimes a city tour, etc.) but we've always found it a better idea to book our own.

Look again at O's website regarding the pre- and post-cruises prices because while I haven't checked lately (since we haven't cruised since Covid struck) I do believe they have also indicated if the prices are per room or per person.

Good luck!

Mura

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

Apologies in advance for my ignorance....but I am still confused as to whether or not the prices listed for pre and post hotels on the Oceania site, are actually "per person" or not. 

no need to be confused  just read the small print under the description of the hotel package

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

no need to be confused  just read the small print under the description of the hotel package

I read this on your previous posts and have yet to be able to find it.....

10 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

I read this on your previous posts and have yet to be able to find it.....

Go to your cruise  on O website

click on the tab  HOTELS  & LAND then click on pre cruise or post cruise

under the description of the hotel it has the note

What cruise are you on  I can post a screen shot for you  if that would help??

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Perhaps you should go ahead and book it and see what shows up in the “cart” for pricing. You’ll see what we’ve all been telling you.

I phoned Oceania again and got the matter cleared up!  Thank you all for trying to help out.  But as I had thought, the prices listed on Oceania's Web site are for "two" persons.  So maybe some of you are dealing with other countries websites and pricings.

For me?  The prices that I have found on my cruise management page for pre and post hotels are already doubled......so they are for TWO persons and not "per person".....hope this makes sense!

And I double checked the rates for the offered hotels and these figures pan out.  In reality?  I am thrilled with the rates!  As the Oceania rates are really close to the independent online rates....and yet these don't handle the two transfers which the Oceania rates do.  

Now to figure out which of the two hotels offered by Oceania......nothing's ever easy! lol!

Again....I love you guys and thank you all for your help!

• Like 1