?'s For those that have successfully used VeriFLY to checkin

bar1068

13 minutes ago, rolloman said:

It was a waste of time for me a couple weeks ago at Port Canaveral. The rep glanced at the app for covid only and then I was sent to another rep to look at passports and paperwork. In my case I think it actually took more time. If they just looked at the green good to board on your phone app, it would save time... but that is not what is happening at Port Canaveral.

In Galveston we showed our boarding pass and VeriFLY to one agent, and then on to an agent who checked our passports. I can't recall if she looked at our boarding passes too.  She did not look at VeriFly or ask for our vaccination or testing documents though.  
ETA I just talked ot my husband and was confused.  We had two people check stuff. 

Edited by 1kaper

38 minutes ago, KyloRen said:

Just got off cruise 2 weeks ago. Verifly sped up the process a TON

Please explain how in your particular case how this occurred?  As far as I am concerned, the only way Verifly could speed up the boarding process a "ton" is if they made a special Verifly line and while in that special line you were able to just flash them your APP which displays green good to board. From what I witnessed and from all the posts here...this isn't happening.

We were on Vista 4/2-4/9 out of Galveston. I used the Verifly app for my husband and me (all on my phone) and it made it much faster.  The first agent looked at the Verifly app and our boarding pass.  The next agent looked at our passports and we were on.  The line was really long when we got to the port but seriously it went so fast! Literally just walking and stopping at the two desks for seconds.

I was on the Breeze in February also out of Galveston and did not use Verifly.  It was still a fast process but Verifly is faster and easier at the port in my opinion.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2022 at 6:42 AM, babygrljaz said:

Took me longer to put my test results,  vaccine card & passport up than it did to verify. At check in, the counter after security, again all they need is your boarding pass, possibly take a pic & cash if you didn't setup your spending account with a cc. Then off you go to get on the ship. Time saving is really worth it but all depends on the agent you end up with. Good luck 😁

Just wondering, did the agent actually look at your passport (or birth certificate if that was what you were using)? 

After reading more, it sounds like passports and other travel documents are looked at after the Verifly check.  I may have answered my own question!  LOL

Edited by Ferry_Watcher

12 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Just wondering, did the agent actually look at your passport (or birth certificate if that was what you were using)? 

After reading more, it sounds like passports and other travel documents are looked at after the Verifly check.  I may have answered my own question!  LOL

Not by the 1st person, the one that just checks you have everything. All she did was ask if we put our stuff in verifly, scanned the boarding pass then the qr code on verifly. The carnival employee that checks you in did look at passports & took our pix

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2022 at 6:08 PM, rolloman said:

Please explain how in your particular case how this occurred?  As far as I am concerned, the only way Verifly could speed up the boarding process a "ton" is if they made a special Verifly line and while in that special line you were able to just flash them your APP which displays green good to board. From what I witnessed and from all the posts here...this isn't happening.

From one who has seen it work, take it for what it is worth, it improves the entire process. Not one line, not one part.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

From one who has seen it work, take it for what it is worth, it improves the entire process. Not one line, not one part.  

"Improves" I can agree with however for one to use the term "saves you a ton" is misleading. 

Can someone explain what exactly is VeriFLY?  Is it a mobile app?  What company/agency does it belong to?  Is it for people flying to the cruise or do those driving/local also use it?

Not happy about loading my personal info into yet another rushed into production web application that will inevitably have flaws that result in a data breach.

15 hours ago, rolloman said:

"Improves" I can agree with however for one to use the term "saves you a ton" is misleading. 

I will move on after this post.  The point is that if it improves it some for everyone (it does) adds all of it together, it is significant.  This is not just for covid but to simplify embarkation 

Sailed out of Charleston last week...6 in my group and I showed the app for each person & government ID. Didn't have to take out paper work but had it just in case. There were no separate lines.

The employee seemed happy I have the app.

I'll post my 1 rant about verifly here I guess. I did the eMed testing and they email you the results. The attached result has the times in UTC timezone which is a few hours ahead of EST (the time clearly states UTC...). Verifly employees are uneducated, or poorly trained - and I got rejected each time I tried to submit immediately. I'd need to submit either a few hours later when it's "not in the future" (that was their response) or I found out only later I can go to Abott's website and get another report that had the time in EST.

On 4/10/2022 at 11:07 AM, Ferry_Watcher said:

Regardless of what a couple cheerleaders say...the app is cumbersome to input your data...in my case for an unknown reason it declined one of my documents and forced me to resend the same document resulting in more time and attention on my part. In addition, in most cases Carnival waits until the last week to give you access to the App which puts urgency on your part to upload your documents. At the port, the agent glanced at my completed App and said great, now head over to the passport/boarding pass checker. The passport/boarding pass checker was busy, I stood waiting again. Moral of the story, factor in all the time you spend pre-cruise fiddling with the App, factor in the double check in lines to verify your documents...it DOES NOT save you time. Now, can they make some tweaks like I suggested previously i.e. verifly line, one validation of completed app...yeah it may improve the process. However, my point is for someone to come on here as of now and say it saves tons of time...it just flat out misleading and an incorrect statement. 

• Haha 2

We sailed out of Tampa a couple of months ago. What made the lines go faster was being prepared. I held my passport with my boarding pass and my Covid vaccine card inside. The port lady opened everything was right there face up for her to see and check. I did the same thing for my husband. He presented the lady with all of his passport and paperwork together. The lady complimented us - it was much easier for her and quicker for us. We watched other people checking in and they were searching for their papers.

On 4/7/2022 at 3:08 PM, rolloman said:

Please explain how in your particular case how this occurred?  As far as I am concerned, the only way Verifly could speed up the boarding process a "ton" is if they made a special Verifly line

SURE!

I walked up  with a total of 6 people including 2 people with developmental disabilities and 2 children. I popped up the app and they scanned the barcode. It showed we had all our documents and we were waved though.

As opposed to the cruise we took only a month prior. They had to hand check/scan each document individually *and for 6 people thats a lot* 
So in my case it was about a 90% decrease in time taken. Especially helpful with people with special needs and kids.

Ill be using it on my cruise this monday as well and I hope its as smooth as it was  3 weeks ago. 

Edited by KyloRen
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2022 at 4:51 AM, rolloman said:

Regardless of what a couple cheerleaders say...the app is cumbersome to input your data...

lol, you say it's cumbersome to input data and go on to say it didn't take one of your documents. Maybe it was user error?

Would seem for all those responding, we all used the app just fine. I did not find it cumbersome at all.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 7:51 AM, rolloman said:

Regardless of what a couple cheerleaders say...the app is cumbersome to input your data...in my case for an unknown reason it declined one of my documents and forced me to resend the same document resulting in more time and attention on my part. 

We used Verifly for our 3/12 MG cruise.  It was easy to enter our data, not cumbersome at all and nothing was declined for us.  However, we checked in at 10:45 am and the agent checking us in said since they were still in the testing phase, they were not allowed to actually use it that day until 11:00 am.  No worries, check in was still pretty quick.  I believe you were on the same cruise and which was still in the testing phase so maybe next time it will be better.

On 4/12/2022 at 7:51 AM, rolloman said:

In addition, in most cases Carnival waits until the last week to give you access to the App which puts urgency on your part to upload your documents. 

Nope.  We're booked on 5/28 Freedom and have already entered everything we can in Verifly.  We'll still need to upload our negative Covid tests but that should be no big deal.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

lol, you say it's cumbersome to input data and go on to say it didn't take one of your documents. Maybe it was user error?

Would seem for all those responding, we all used the app just fine. I did not find it cumbersome at all.

Aye this is where I am confused. Of the 6 peoples data I input myself my husband only had his covid card kicked back 1 time. I retook the photo in better lighting and it took it within 10 mins. I did a majority of my Verifly with "photo" as opposed to the qr code 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

Good for you...maybe you will get recognized for your achievement. As for your claim user error...zero chance, I simply resent the same covid shot record and then it was approved.  For the record, I have worked in IT for 30 years, I have a pretty good idea of how to utilize software programs. When I used the Verifly app a month ago, I personally did not see "tons" of time savings due to delayed access to the app, issues with inputting and acceptance of data and on embarkation day two agents required to review the app and my paper documents. Factoring all that in, a passenger who simply went to the port with his paper documents would have saved more time and effort. As cruismom2 stated they were in testing mode when I used it. I previously stated with some tweaks it could be better so maybe it has improved at this point. I hope so, because similar to the muster drill, I would welcome the change to enhance the overall cruise experience. 

We sailed Mardi Gras a few weeks ago and are one of those couples who used VeriFly 'in seconds' to verify all of our information. Simply showed the Carnival agent the VeriFly checkmark and that was it. 

It was not used for Passport information, just the vaccine information and to verify who were were. One BIG tip is to open the app and your information BEFORE you enter the terminal. We've heard from others that cellular signal can be disrupted inside the large cruise terminals so we opened the app and had it ready before we walked in. And it literally did take seconds to show the agent the app and move on.  Hope that helps! 

• Like 3

We returned from the Dream yesterday (Galveston).  For our 4/9 embarkation, the agent asked for our paperwork (paper copies).  For grins, I kept waiting for her to ask to see our Verifly app info. She never did, so I mentioned it.  By that time she was already done looking at the paper copies, but she looked at the app anyway.  Having said that, even if she had ONLY looked at the app and none of the copies, it may have saved 5-10 seconds max. Like others have pointed out, it seems to depend on the agent you get.  But if CCL is going to send me 18 e-mails (literally) prior to a sailing strongly encouraging me to download and use the Verifly app, then the terminal agents should be asking to see it. My guess is that CCL has done a poor job of communicating this to the terminal employees.  Just posting our recent experience.  At least this was a chance for me to get the app set up and learn how to load the required docs, so that's a plus for any future travel.

26 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

We returned from the Dream yesterday (Galveston).  For our 4/9 embarkation, the agent asked for our paperwork (paper copies).  For grins, I kept waiting for her to ask to see our Verifly app info. She never did, so I mentioned it.  By that time she was already done looking at the paper copies, but she looked at the app anyway.  Having said that, even if she had ONLY looked at the app and none of the copies, it may have saved 5-10 seconds max. Like others have pointed out, it seems to depend on the agent you get.  But if CCL is going to send me 18 e-mails (literally) prior to a sailing strongly encouraging me to download and use the Verifly app, then the terminal agents should be asking to see it. My guess is that CCL has done a poor job of communicating this to the terminal employees.  Just posting our recent experience.  At least this was a chance for me to get the app set up and learn how to load the required docs, so that's a plus for any future travel.

Exactly..not difficult to download info and get approval fromverifly ...but terminal agents don't care make sure you have good old paper proof of everything you need

• Like 1

We used VeriFLY on the Breeze out of Galveston in March. No problems at all. Look for the separate line for VeriFLY once you enter. One line for paper and one for Verify. We watched both lines, our line moved faster than the paper based one it seemed. Right after VeriFLY we went through security, showed them the wine bottle, went to the passport and boarding pass line one more time and then boarded the ship. Ship was 100% full on our sailing so yes there were some lines, but it moved along nicely. Even the security check in was pretty quick. I’d definitely use VeriFLY again. One note, do pay attention to time stamps on the Covid tests when uploading it. I got tripped up on that when submitting test results. Also, load the app outside the terminal it helps.

• Like 2