Carnival legend “lobster”

dmccadden

Hi 

we are on the Legend the first week of May.  It sails Sunday to Sunday does anyone know when they have lobster? We want to make a reservation for the steak house but don’t want to miss the lobster.

any other tips about the ship would be great, thank you Dave 

We went on the Legend in March. The first sea day (Monday) was the formal night when lobster and/or prime rib are served. If you like seafood, go to the Seafood Corner on the Lido deck. It is usually open from 12-5 if I remember correctly. It is a little pricey but the seafood is really fresh and tastes great. We order a round of steamed shrimp and it was excellent.

The ship is older and easy to navigate. It wasn't too crowded when we went but it was during spring break. 

16 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I thought night 2 is the elegant lobster night?

The first full sea day is the second night.

As for the Seafood Shack it is market price for almost all of the selections. I didn't think the prices were that bad compared to what you would pay in a store (which you would still need to prepare).

31 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

If you want really good lobster, forget the MDR and eat at the steakhouse and have top quality lobster.  

Or order it a la carte off the menu in the MDR (at least I think it is one of the options for $20).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 7:38 PM, tytanbri said:

We went on the Legend in March. The first sea day (Monday) was the formal night when lobster and/or prime rib are served. If you like seafood, go to the Seafood Corner on the Lido deck. It is usually open from 12-5 if I remember correctly. It is a little pricey but the seafood is really fresh and tastes great. We order a round of steamed shrimp and it was excellent.

The ship is older and easy to navigate. It wasn't too crowded when we went but it was during spring break. 

On 4/4/2022 at 8:55 AM, sparks1093 said:

The first full sea day is the second night.

As for the Seafood Shack it is market price for almost all of the selections. I didn't think the prices were that bad compared to what you would pay in a store (which you would still need to prepare).

On 4/3/2022 at 7:38 PM, tytanbri said:

WHAT! the Legend has a Seafood Shack/Corner? I’m so excited! I didn’t see it on the map or list of restaurants for Legend. We were on the Mardi Gras in Sept and had the Steamed Shrimp sautéed in a butter garlic sauce at the Shack. ..The best meal on the ship! A lb was like $12.00. They were big shrimp early in the cruise and smaller later in to the cruise.

6 hours ago, Keepin_outOcold said:

WHAT! the Legend has a Seafood Shack/Corner? I’m so excited! I didn’t see it on the map or list of restaurants for Legend. We were on the Mardi Gras in Sept and had the Steamed Shrimp sautéed in a butter garlic sauce at the Shack. ..The best meal on the ship! A lb was like $12.00. They were big shrimp early in the cruise and smaller later in to the cruise.

It's a small section of the lido buffet, I want to say somewhere near Pizza Pirate but it's been a couple of months so my memory has faded. 

7 hours ago, Keepin_outOcold said:

Yes! I kept looking for it after someone told me they had one. Be careful though. It is easy to miss and has very limited hours. As Sparks1093 said, it is inside the Lido area, not at the rear as they usually are. 

We were just on the Legend.  At lunch it is the FREE Asian place.  Then they take the sign down and it becomes the PAY Seafood place for dinner. 

We had the lobster the second night in the MDR.  You can order as many as you want.  I had two and my husband had six.  Just didn't eat the other risottos that it came with. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 5:29 PM, dmccadden said:

Hi 

we are on the Legend the first week of May.  It sails Sunday to Sunday does anyone know when they have lobster? We want to make a reservation for the steak house but don’t want to miss the lobster.

any other tips about the ship would be great, thank you Dave 

Hi Dave,

We are on that sailing too.  I believe as other have said the first full sea day(Monday) is the formal night. Also the first night (Sunday) on the cruise, I believe the steak house does a free bottle of wine.

Hope that helps. Glad to see a fellow WNY will be on the cruise. My wife and I met at Fisher.

Matt

18 hours ago, tytanbri said:

Yes! I kept looking for it after someone told me they had one. Be careful though. It is easy to miss and has very limited hours. As Sparks1093 said, it is inside the Lido area, not at the rear as they usually are. 

Thanks for the tip…we will make it a mission to find it. Will reap a great reward!

18 hours ago, tytanbri said:

Not hard to find. It's Chopsticks by day, and Seafood Corner at night.

4 hours ago, Keepin_outOcold said:

Thanks for the tip…we will make it a mission to find it. Will reap a great reward!

I normally don't like to pay for food when so much is included but it won't be too many more cruises before I tuck into the clam chowder bread bowl. Field research.