Bermuda Travel Site Down

Cruzinram

Well we have been running all over town to get Covid Test and now the Bermuda Travel Authority Web site down. Is anyone else having this problem. We are planning to drive to FLL tomorrow from Tampa and spending the night. What happens if I cannot get this loaded up to their site. All the docs are on my Computer here at home. If I show up at the pier will Celebrity help me or turn me away. I wish I had never booked this Cruise. it has been so stressful do to Bermuda wanting 80.00. This is all it's about. A revenue stream for the Country.. Celebrity should have gone to another port or skipped Bermuda due to this requirement.

I agree, this whole Bermuda thing is a PIA.  I just went to the website and it seems to be up, but they haven't loaded our cruise yet, even though it is less than 30 days out.

As for your docs, I suggest you copy them to your laptop or your phone so you will have access to them.  Good luck!

3 hours ago, Cruzinram said:

Well we have been running all over town to get Covid Test and now the Bermuda Travel Authority Web site down. Is anyone else having this problem. We are planning to drive to FLL tomorrow from Tampa and spending the night. What happens if I cannot get this loaded up to their site. All the docs are on my Computer here at home. If I show up at the pier will Celebrity help me or turn me away. I wish I had never booked this Cruise. it has been so stressful do to Bermuda wanting 80.00. This is all it's about. A revenue stream for the Country.. Celebrity should have gone to another port or skipped Bermuda due to this requirement.

Good luck!  I hope everything works out for you.  As suggested above, I suggest copying your test results and covid document to your phone, laptop or tablet so you can upload it to the Bermuda site once it’s working.

5 hours ago, Cruzinram said:

save the docs, be sure they are accessible on your phone.  others are doing it you can too

5 hours ago, Cruzinram said:

This is such a minor thing. You've had 30 days to get your travel authorization.  All that should be left is to upload the test results. You still have time to do that. And you will likely be able to do so at the pier if necessary. More than likely though the site will be available again soon. 

And it is not just a revenue stream. There is one hospital, with very limited resources. It is a crowed tourist port with people arriving from all over the globe. They are attempting to protect their residents, their economy and visitors. There is a cost associated with the processing. Who do you think should pay that?  Did you ever travel and have to pay for a visa? Now that is strictly a revenue stream, but I don't see many complaints about that. You chose to travel at this time. You took the risk of there being additional steps being required. Really, quit your belly aching. you have had ample time to have cancelled and shifted to another cruise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

This is such a minor thing. You've had 30 days to get your travel authorization.  All that should be left is to upload the test results. You still have time to do that. And you will likely be able to do so at the pier if necessary. More than likely though the site will be available again soon. 

And it is not just a revenue stream. There is one hospital, with very limited resources. It is a crowed tourist port with people arriving from all over the globe. They are attempting to protect their residents, their economy and visitors. There is a cost associated with the processing. Who do you think should pay that?  Did you ever travel and have to pay for a visa? Now that is strictly a revenue stream, but I don't see many complaints about that. You chose to travel at this time. You took the risk of there being additional steps being required. Really, quit your belly aching. you have had ample time to have cancelled and shifted to another cruise.

Really? That's what Cruise Critic is for. Don't be so mean.

🙂 

34 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

🙂 

Yeppers, this is what CC is for, a spanking from time to time... too!!! LOL

It was not a full on attack of the OP, just a reminder of the timeline in which to complete the task.

bon voyage

17 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I agree, this whole Bermuda thing is a PIA.  I just went to the website and it seems to be up, but they haven't loaded our cruise yet, even though it is less than 30 days out.

As for your docs, I suggest you copy them to your laptop or your phone so you will have access to them.  Good luck!

A couple warnings -

1.  Make sure you do it as early as possible.   I filed both of our yesterday morning.   Mine took 12 hours to be approved.   Iain's came through and was rejected.

2.   I just uploade the PDF from EMeds of Iain's Test Results and they were rejected.   I redid them this morning .   The PDf from Emeds is password protected (your birthday) and Bermuda could not open.   I printed to a new PDF (not protected) at resubmitted at 9:30 Eastern and will see how long it takes

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

🙂 

It is when you complain and your complaint is either your own fault or otherwise unjustified. I'm not being mean.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

so are you stalking me?

I think we all stalk each other, for the most part....

I must say that l is not a bad person to be stalked by, either considering some of the other real "stalkers" around these forums!!! LOL

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Bermuda is listing your sailing as May 7. which is 30 days out. I know it is actually May 4 for you out of Bayonne but Bermuda's port schedule list it out of Charleston. Is it possible that Charleston is a second embarkation port? I don't think so but Celebrity must have told them the cruise embarked in Charleston as Bermuda  marine would get all info from the cruise line. Charleston is the previous port to Bermuda. So somehow the dates got screwed up.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

just seems easy enough for the cruise lines test you 2 days before you get off the ship & not have to do the TA form to get into Bermuda. Everyone in Bermuda would be safe. I think it is a money maker.

Traveled in the Carribean this past December & had no problems .Had to wear masks on buses & masks in stores. Booked in June for Bermuda & will be my last time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, espresso68 said:

just seems easy enough for the cruise lines test you 2 days before you get off the ship & not have to do the TA form to get into Bermuda. Everyone in Bermuda would be safe. I think it is a money maker.

Traveled in the Carribean this past December & had no problems .Had to wear masks on buses & masks in stores. Booked in June for Bermuda & will be my last time.

Good If you don't like it, don't go. Can you imagine the nightmare of testing everyone on the ship?  And who exactly should foot the bill for that? You think that developing the website, and running it, collecting the data and matching that to the passenger lists is cost free?  Ridiculous and short-sighted. 

9 hours ago, espresso68 said:

It is common and reasonable for many countries to ask incoming visitors to do things like possess a passport, get a visa, provide proof of appropriate vaccinations, show a return ticket (I.e., if arriving by land or air, they want to make sure you won’t be staying), etc. Bermuda’s very reasonable approach with the TA form, maybe overly cautious but still reasonable, is intended to protect their citizens from a pandemic. If you want to visit, you follow their rules and pay the costs associated. I can’t see why anyone would get in a big huff about this.

Stan

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Bermuda is listing your sailing as May 7. which is 30 days out. I know it is actually May 4 for you out of Bayonne but Bermuda's port schedule list it out of Charleston. Is it possible that Charleston is a second embarkation port? I don't think so but Celebrity must have told them the cruise embarked in Charleston as Bermuda  marine would get all info from the cruise line. Charleston is the previous port to Bermuda. So somehow the dates got screwed up.

Interesting.  Will give that one a try and see how it works out.  But somebody is definitely confused.  We don't actually leave Charleston until May 8.  We arrive there May 7 but have an overnight.  I'm wondering if they're going to expect us to use precious time in Charleston running around trying to get tested.  Since I heard from the shoreside concierge today and now have someone I can call without waiting on hold for hours, I think I will ask her about this tomorrow.

As for those who are opining that we chose to go to Bermuda, yada, yada, I would be perfectly happy not to go to Bermuda on this cruise.  But it comes with the other ports I wanted.  I would happily remain on the ship while we're there and not put their precious population in "danger," but apparently that is not an option.  If we want to even enter their sacrosanct waters, we must fill out the Bermuda Travel Authorization.  And then if they choose not to approve it, we're screwed.  Denied boarding and no compensation.  I, for one, am unlikely to ever set foot in Bermuda again after being treated like this.  By the way, none of these onerous requirements existed when I booked this cruise.

1 minute ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

By the way, none of these onerous requirements existed when I booked this cruise.

I agree 100 percent with your sentiments toward Bermuda for imposing these stringent, last minute requirements.  However, it is their country and I am sure they are trying to look after the best interest of their citizens.

By the way, they are not requirements imposed by the cruise line either. 

2 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Interesting.  Will give that one a try and see how it works out.  But somebody is definitely confused.  We don't actually leave Charleston until May 8.  We arrive there May 7 but have an overnight.  I'm wondering if they're going to expect us to use precious time in Charleston running around trying to get tested.  Since I heard from the shoreside concierge today and now have someone I can call without waiting on hold for hours, I think I will ask her about this tomorrow.

As for those who are opining that we chose to go to Bermuda, yada, yada, I would be perfectly happy not to go to Bermuda on this cruise.  But it comes with the other ports I wanted.  I would happily remain on the ship while we're there and not put their precious population in "danger," but apparently that is not an option.  If we want to even enter their sacrosanct waters, we must fill out the Bermuda Travel Authorization.  And then if they choose not to approve it, we're screwed.  Denied boarding and no compensation.  I, for one, am unlikely to ever set foot in Bermuda again after being treated like this.  By the way, none of these onerous requirements existed when I booked this cruise.

You had plenty of time to cancel or shift your cruise. There is nothing onerous about Bermuda's requirements.  You bought into it when you decided to cruise anyway. So you really are out of line to bitterly complain as it was your own choice.  All you need to do is bring a test with you and dial in on the appropriate day. All of 20 minutes out of your day...and the tiniest bit of advance planning.  

11 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

By the way, none of these onerous requirements existed when I booked this cruise.

The requirments are not onerous. They are not new. i don't know wehn you booked but the requirements have been there at least from 2021 and they have been reduced. Many travelers met the more stringent requirements in effect before march 7.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I agree 100 percent with your sentiments toward Bermuda for imposing these stringent, last minute requirements.  However, it is their country and I am sure they are trying to look after the best interest of their citizens.

By the way, they are not requirements imposed by the cruise line either. 

The requirements are not last minute nor are they stringent. The Travel Authorisation has been required for many months. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1