Can I book a Royal Caribbean cruise on a Celebrity cruise?

tonto524

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

We did last November. And vice versa last August. 

Do you get any on-board credit and a reduced deposit for Royal Caribbean if you book on board a Celebrity cruise?

1 hour ago, kebrown said:

Do you get any on-board credit and a reduced deposit for Royal Caribbean if you book on board a Celebrity cruise?

Got the same benefit as if we booked it on Royal. 

9 hours ago, tonto524 said:

Can’t find the answer when I search.  I know we have done this before and vice versa, but someone just told me that it’s no longer possible. True or false???? Thanks so much.

Yes and you get whatever deals are available. They just don't have the same knowledge of the ships so you need to know what you want. 

Hello,

The reciprocal of this question was asked on the Royal website on Tuesday of this week. This is what I wrote there:

Hello,

On the umpteen times I answered this before, I have said what RosieRoo has said - *YOU* need to know what the other line's offers are as the NextCruise staff may not be that familiar with them. This is because the booking systems are not programmed to automatically add the offers available to a booking - they have to be added/input manually by the sales staff.

If this is not done at point of sale, you will be faced with many days/weeks back on shore getting the offers added to your booking. And if any offers have lapsed since you made the booking and the time you are trying to apply them retrospectively then your problems will multiply.

I am speaking/writing from experience.

Regards,

Cublet

Thank you, cublet and the penguins (sounds like the name of a band - lol)! That’s what I did in the past - I have all the info on the RCCL offer and exactly what I want to book.  I also learned the hard way about having them added to the reservation after the fact - brutal. Just happy to learn I can still get that lower deposit, etc.   Happy sailings !

Linda

15 hours ago, tonto524 said:

Can’t find the answer when I search.  I know we have done this before and vice versa, but someone just told me that it’s no longer possible. True or false???? Thanks so much.  YES you can book either direction.

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 1

We've booked Royal cruises while on Celebrity and Celebrity cruises while on Royal.   We were on Royal last week and booked two Celebrity cruises and received the current offers that Celebrity is offering if  booking while on board with them. 

If you are concerned about not receiving the current "booking while on board perks", you might ask if someone who is currently on Royal or has recently been on Royal if they would mind posting the current offers Royal is offering for booking on board.   

If you don’t have the internet package there are free links when you log into the internet that allow you to search for cruises on both lines.  

Sometimes it is better to do your own search and then go to the Future Cruise Desks with the cruises you are interested in. 

Happy  cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 1:31 PM, tonto524 said:

Thank you, cublet and the penguins (sounds like the name of a band - lol)! That’s what I did in the past - I have all the info on the RCCL offer and exactly what I want to book.  I also learned the hard way about having them added to the reservation after the fact - brutal. Just happy to learn I can still get that lower deposit, etc.   Happy sailings !

Linda

SSH we are keeping our band earnings hidden from the tax man. Cublet is a great lead singer.

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

SSH we are keeping our band earnings hidden from the tax man. Cublet is a great lead singer.

Hello,

Someone said my voice sounded like a heavy vehicle driving slowly up a gravel driveway.

Regards,

Cublet

35 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Someone said my voice sounded like a heavy vehicle driving slowly up a gravel driveway.

Regards,

Cublet

Looking at your profile and that we originally came from Whitstable perhaps we should concentrate on Sea Shanties. Incidentally the boss (Anita) says my singing voice is only designed to empty theatres not fill them. Oh well we will have to look for another way to fund our cruises