Heathrow to Southampton Transportation

24 minutes ago, Patfrank75 said:

Looking for reasonable car service from Heathrow to a Southampton Hotel for July Anthem Cruise

TIA

I am doing a similar trip in Oct. 2023. I have been looking at You Tube (search for London-Southampton transportation). I have seen car services for as little as 135 pounds for a private car. I have not checked if that is per person or per car.

Jim

We have used Blackberry Cars several times and they were great. Heathrow to Southampton About US $160 for the car includes two people with 2 suitcases. There is a $15 surcharge if the route is reversed as they need to pay for parking at Heathrow

/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/saloon2-148x68.gif /wp-content/uploads/2012/04/estate2-148x79.jpg /wp-content/uploads/2012/04/sharan1-148x87.jpg /wp-content/uploads/2012/04/mpv82-148x90.jpg
  Saloon Estate MPV 5 MPV 6
Number of passengers /wp-content/uploads/2012/04/man2.gif 4 /wp-content/uploads/2012/04/man2.gif 4 /wp-content/uploads/2012/04/man2.gif 5 /wp-content/uploads/2012/04/man2.gif 6
Number of suitcases /wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bag2.gif 2 /wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bag.gif 2 /wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bag2.gif 3 /wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bag.gif 3 /wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bag2.gif 4 /wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bag.gif 5 /wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bag2.gif 6 /wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bag.gif 6
  £ £ £ £

Southampton to Central London

£130

Book Now

£135

Book Now

£155

Book Now

£180

Book Now

Southampton to Heathrow Airport

£126

Book Now

£132

Book Now

£147

Book Now

£176

Book Now

These fares are all for a pre-booked minicab.

Meet and greet

If you are arriving at Southampton Cruise Terminal, please meet your driver at the following designated pickup point:

• as you exit the secure area

If you are arriving at the airport please see our Airport Pickup Guide for full details of our meeting points and meet and greet arrangements.  Airport pickups will be subject to a £9 surcharge to cover parking and waiting at the airport.

•  

•  

We highly recommend: English Rose Collection.

Heathrow to Southampton $90. That's for the 2 of us and 2 luggages. (Could be higher now)

What impressed us the most was our driver...he emailed us and gave us his cell number and email. Thank goodness because our flight was delayed and the queue at customs was extremely long.

Our driver gladly waited...no extra charge. He had a sign with our name on it...he was just outside the secured area. He provided us with bottled water (we didn't expect this) and he was absolutely engaging and friendly.  He made the drive felt much quicker...next thing we knew, we were in Southampton. We gladly gave him a big tip...he wasn't wxpecting it.

* See Tripadvisor for more reviews.

2 hours ago, jeh10641 said:

I am doing a similar trip in Oct. 2023. I have been looking at You Tube (search for London-Southampton transportation). I have seen car services for as little as 135 pounds for a private car. I have not checked if that is per person or per car.

Jim

It’d be per car probably up to a maximum of four persons.

• Thanks 1

You can take the national express buses, often very cheap.  We did a car hire from Southampton to Heathrow 6 years ago, for 5 of us, it was about 120GBP with tip.  Unfortunately, my favorite way to go to Southampton is not available from Heathrow, aka the train.  It is available and can be cheap from London proper.  

Who flies into London only to go directly to Southampton without visiting one of the great cites of the world.  Why wouldn’t you spend some time in London???  

Have fun

• Like 1

12 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

You can take the national express buses, often very cheap.  We did a car hire from Southampton to Heathrow 6 years ago, for 5 of us, it was about 120GBP with tip.  Unfortunately, my favorite way to go to Southampton is not available from Heathrow, aka the train.  It is available and can be cheap from London proper.  

Who flies into London only to go directly to Southampton without visiting one of the great cites of the world.  Why wouldn’t you spend some time in London???  

Have fun

@xpcdoojkIs there a particular station to leave from in London?  We'll be staying next to Paddington for several days prior to the cruise, and I want to investigate taking the train.  Looks like a quick taxi ride from the Southampton train station to the pier?  I want to make sure I'm looking at the best departure station/route out of London.  Thanks!  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Who flies into London only to go directly to Southampton without visiting one of the great cites of the world. 

From a Southampton native I think you're already visiting one of the great cities (OK London might be a little more exciting 🤣)

6 minutes ago, rockmom said:

@xpcdoojkIs there a particular station to leave from in London?

Waterloo is the station for trains to Southampton.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wedgeh said:

From a Southampton native I think you're already visiting one of the great cities (OK London might be a little more exciting 🤣)

Waterloo is the station for trains to Southampton.

Thank you!  And now I'll have that Abba song in my head the rest of the day. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Looks like English Rose Collection has closed permanently.  We are currently booked with Blackberry Cars for ride from Heathrow to Southampton.  I haven't booked our ride back to London after our cruise yet but Blackberry Cars seems to be the most often recommended.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MLAW said:

Looks like English Rose Collection has closed permanently.  We are currently booked with Blackberry Cars for ride from Heathrow to Southampton.  I haven't booked our ride back to London after our cruise yet but Blackberry Cars seems to be the most often recommended.

Oh my....covid sure closed a lot of good businesses.:classic_sad:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rockmom said:

@xpcdoojkIs there a particular station to leave from in London?  We'll be staying next to Paddington for several days prior to the cruise, and I want to investigate taking the train.  Looks like a quick taxi ride from the Southampton train station to the pier?  I want to make sure I'm looking at the best departure station/route out of London.  Thanks!  

Waterloo has direct trains to Southampton.

However another alternative is to fly into Gatwick, and there are also direct trains to Southampton from there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, little britain said:

However another alternative is to fly into Gatwick, and there are also direct trains to Southampton from there.

We are flying in from the U.S. earlier in the week--no option for Gatwick, and plan on staying right in central London to be able to walk or take the tube to most things.  Then head to Southampton early in the morning on our sail day--which is over a year away, lol.  But I'm a total planner.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I would take a taxi to Waterloo and the Southwest train direct to Southampton. Then a taxi to the terminal. Check the schedule, some trains make more stops. Traveling on a weekend, you can get a cheap upgrade to first class (weekend first). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, rockmom said:

The train station is close to the port, but would recommend a taxi if you have luggages.

* Without luggages, it took us 2 hours to walk from the train station back to the ship...my beautiful wife wanted to stop at the mall and IKEA. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Patfrank75 said:

How do you arrange the pick up time as we will need to clear customs and do they actually pick you up in the terminal?

Our experience with Blackberry. Received a text as soon as we landed, it basically said to exit the hallway after leaving baggage claim, look to the right and see a bookstore/gift shop, look to the left of the doorway and you will see me with a sign and your name. Could not of been easier. Driver took my wife's suitcase and we headed out to the parking structure and he had a Mercedes SUV.  If your flight is early or late they will adjust the pick up time. There were probably 20 or so people with signs as we exited baggage. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

LB, the last few times we have done the journey out of Victoria on Southern, and we paid 5GBP.  The last time was in 2016.  Is that not still an option?  I just did a search on Southern and it looks like there is a connection but it is twice as long.  So, obviously Waterloo is a better choice now.  

JC

• Like 1

Be sure if you take the train to Southampton you get off at the Southampton Central stop, it is the terminal stop on the line.  It is near the cruise port, and take a cab from there.  

If you are in London, do not get off the tube at Russell Square, unless you are into mountain climbing, and definitely don’t stop there with luggage.  If you refuse to follow my advice, find the lift no matter how hard it is to find.  I think there is something like 175 steps to the street. Level.  We had to stop in the park across the street and drink champagne to recover when we did it as it was close to our hotel.  

JC

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

LB, the last few times we have done the journey out of Victoria on Southern, and we paid 5GBP.  The last time was in 2016.  Is that not still an option?  I just did a search on Southern and it looks like there is a connection but it is twice as long.  So, obviously Waterloo is a better choice now.  

JC

Yes you can still do Southern from Victoria but it takes about 2 1/2 hrs… pretty scenic trip via some lovely countryside!!! ( Google Arundel Castle!) 

The journey time from LGW to Southampton is 2hrs.

The journey from Waterloo to Southampton is 1 3/4 hrs

• Thanks 1

We have taken National Express bus several times from Heathrow to Southampton.  Just follow the signs in the terminal.  Easy.  Nice scenery along the way.  Been to London dozens of times so we just hop on the bus and off we go. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

We have taken National Express bus several times from Heathrow to Southampton.  Just follow the signs in the terminal.  Easy.  Nice scenery along the way.  Been to London dozens of times so we just hop on the bus and off we go. 

I agree this is a good option. Terminals 2 and three use the central bus station, 10 min walk from the terminals along an underground walkway with travelators , T4 and T5 pick up is just outside the terminals. 

Takes just under 2 hours and about £17 pp ow

Probably need a taxi from the drop off point to quay in Southampton 

Check out the National Express website for more info. 

• Like 4

Thanks for all tjhe great information and stories. My wife and I were in London in 2009 for two weeks visiting our niece and her husband. They now live near us here in WA State. We do plan on a day or two in London and a day or two in Southampton before our October 2023 transatlantic

Jim.