Sailing aqua-class on Equinox. Should we dine in Blu all the time? Is it better than the MDR and specialty restaurants?

dreamboat43

13 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Just a quick question. If you are in a Sky Suite I know you get Luminae as a restaurant but can you go to Blu as well?

Just curious.
BTW we love Murano’s. 

Someone else will chime in I'm sure, however if I remember correctly there is a charge and it's only if there is likely to be room.

17 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Just a quick question. If you are in a Sky Suite I know you get Luminae as a restaurant but can you go to Blu as well?

Just curious.
BTW we love Murano’s. 

4 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Someone else will chime in I'm sure, however if I remember correctly there is a charge and it's only if there is likely to be room.

Hi!  Suite guests can dine in Blu (no charge) based on availability.

🍹

8 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

This is NOT true of every class ship. Only those that share a galley

How do you find out which ships share a galley?  Ask your server?  We will be sailing Solstice in May, can we have the option of ordering off the MDR menu?

4 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Just curious.
BTW we love Murano’s. 

As far as I know you can eat at Blu, but it's subject to availability and priority is given to Aqua Class guests.

33 minutes ago, chefchick said:

How do you find out which ships share a galley?  Ask your server?  We will be sailing Solstice in May, can we have the option of ordering off the MDR menu?

No sharing of galley on the S-class ships.  We were not able to order from the MDR menu on Solstice.  However, there are some everyday items likes steak, salmon and chicken that can be ordered that are also served in the MDR.  

19 minutes ago, keesar said:

No sharing of galley on the S-class ships.  We were not able to order from the MDR menu on Solstice.  However, there are some everyday items likes steak, salmon and chicken that can be ordered that are also served in the MDR.  

That's correct. If you are in Aqua class, then you can eat in Blu or you can eat in the MDR,  When in Blu, you can get a few "everyday" curses. They are escargots and Shrimp cocktail, onion soup,  plain salad, broiled strip steak (cut very thin), baked salmon, or baked chicken, apple pie, cream brulee (vanilla) or ice cream.

I checked back, and it would seem that if you are a suite guest, there is a $25/person charge and only if there is availability.  Tis was before Covid though, and I don't know if that has changed.

26 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Getting conflicting information. But just curious as if you are in a sky suite can you dine in Blu?

thanks for info so far…

Yes, when space available. Talk to the maître d' in Blu or even Luminae about dining in Blu.

3 hours ago, keesar said:

I'm sure we have ordered off the MDR menu on the S-Class ships while dining in Luminae. Luminae was carved out of the MDR. 

3 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I'm sure we have ordered off the MDR menu on the S-Class ships while dining in Luminae. Luminae was carved out of the MDR. 

The question was about Blu and if you can get the MSDR menu on S class ships, and the answer is no.  Luminae is different.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 9:41 PM, dreamboat43 said:

Sailing in aqua-class on Equinox in August.  Should we dine in Blu all the time?  Is it better than the MDR and specialty restaurants?   Breakfast, lunch, and dinner?  We are a party of 6 looking for great food and great service.  

Your could try one or two of the MDR's and form your own opinion,  food is very subjective.  In my personal experience, have never had bad service on Celebrity.  EDEN specialty dining is great too, but others have said it is eclectic, again just very subjective.

5 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Yep my question is. I’m a sky suite cruiser. Can I dine in Blu without paying a surcharge??

Some say yes some say surcharge? Hmm??.

You will have to inquire onboard. I do know suite guests (before Covid) were turned away because there was not enough availability.

3 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Getting conflicting information. But just curious as if you are in a sky suite can you dine in Blu?

thanks for info so far…

It is space if available for suite guests in Blu.  In several precovid cruises the answer was yes ONLY if eating very early or very late.

2 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Yep my question is. I’m a sky suite cruiser. Can I dine in Blu without paying a surcharge??

Some say yes some say surcharge?

Yes, based on availability and there isn't a surcharge.  The only surcharge is if you are a suite guest and you invite non-suite guests to dine with you in Luminae.

🍹

7 hours ago, chefchick said:

October '21 on the Equinox (S-class) we were able to order from the MDR Menu in Blu.  There was conflicting information from people prior but we asked the first night and they gave us the menu.  After that, every night they automatically gave us the MDR Menu.

🍹

27 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

October '21 on the Equinox (S-class) we were able to order from the MDR Menu in Blu.  There was conflicting information from people prior but we asked the first night and they gave us the menu.  After that, every night they automatically gave us the MDR Menu.

🍹

They dislike saying no and the passenger numbers were very very low then. You should know that in order to serve you from the MDR menu they must go down stairs and all the way to another kitchen located some distance away. It's totally unfair to expect them or ask them to do so.  When the ship is full, they will likely say no. 

54 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Yes, based on availability and there isn't a surcharge.  The only surcharge is if you are a suite guest and you invite non-suite guests to dine with you in Luminae.

🍹

There is also a charge if you are an aqua guest and you invite non-aqua people to join you in Blu.  As a suite guest you are not permitted to ask any non-aqua guests to join you in Blu.

Frankly I don´t understand some questions and discussions.
Go to Blu, see how you like it and then decide - based on your own experience and taste and not based on what others tell you. You have nothing to lose and have all the choice.

For us Blu is the reason to book Aqua and yes, we wouldn´t go to the MDR and exclusively eat at Blu.

But that´s us and you might think differently. 🙅‍♂️ 

7 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

There is also a charge if you are an aqua guest and you invite non-aqua people to join you in Blu.  As a suite guest you are not permitted to ask any non-aqua guests to join you in Blu.

No, there´s no charge - because it isn´t possible! Blu is for AQ (and suite) guests only - period.
Luminae offers the option to invite guests for a charge - Blu does not.

And it is one of the very few consistent regulations.

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 1