Carnival Pride Latest Capacity Numbers

tomcatguy74

While not "lately" we sailed on the Pride back in September on one of its first sailings after the Port of Baltimore reopened after the shutdown...and certainly before Pride was relocated to Tampa. Crew told us there were around 1600-1700 pax, which is roughly 75-80% of it's listed guess capacity of something like 2100 pax. I think that 2100 number is for double occupancy in all cabins or something like that.

Ship felt like it had on prior sailings of the Pride we'd been on before the shutdown. To us it did not feel all that "empty", but...not crowded, which is pretty the case on the Spirit class ships even when full. The days of lower capacity sailings are quickly coming to an end I believe.

End of February, it was around 1900 on my sailing. Echoing logan25, I noticed several bars were short a bartender. The service I received was still wonderful, and the live musicians on board were great as well!

Just came off the Pride yesterday and it was probably close to 100% capacity. I believe someone asked and was told like 98%. It was definitely busy, lots of people, although never felt super crowded. Yes, on the first sea day, it was difficult to find lounge chairs together later in the day. But never super long lines or such. The shows were never full, but the comedy lounge was.

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

I vote that threads asking about capacity be removed.

yeah, I think these threads have run their course.  The answer always will be, "you have no idea until you board, it varies week to week, and ships are more full on holidays or when school is not in session"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think the capacity questions for the Europe Pride sailings are a little different from the capacity questions regarding the US sailings because there are potentially different regulations at play. Plus, Carnival likely isn't likely selling too many free or $25 cabins just to fill its ship because you don't just "hop over" to Europe on a cheap flight. 

Personally, I think it is likely that the Europe sailings will be below capacity. I know there appears to be rooms still left in every category on most of the sailings.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I think the capacity questions for the Europe Pride sailings are a little different from the capacity questions regarding the US sailings because there are potentially different regulations at play. Plus, Carnival likely isn't likely selling too many free or $25 cabins just to fill its ship because you don't just "hop over" to Europe on a cheap flight. 

Personally, I think it is likely that the Europe sailings will be below capacity. I know there appears to be rooms still left in every category on most of the sailings.

i agree, Eli. We're on the Pride July 31st for a 12 day out of Dover, i'm assuming it won't be full capacity but that's almost 3 months away so who knows?!?When i check our sailing there are still lots of cabins. We're excited to sail whether it's full or not!