The Odyssey on the Odyssey of the Seas

They dropped my Book ressie. So looked for alternatives. Never seen Karaoke venue jammed with people on 2 floors. Boleros was packed. The Pub had a few seats, but nothing happening.  Schooner bar was empty for 5 minutes then the piano guy showed up and people flowed in.

On 4/11/2022 at 7:22 PM, bucfan2 said:

We were on Ovation at 40% capacity last fall, and Odyssey at 65% back in Feb...both were awesome.  Beautiful ships, but can't imagine being on that class ship at max capacity.  Thoughts?

We were on in February as well and loved the passenger level. Laura wants to go back, but I'm worried it won't be same experience. 

• Like 1

Left port late, more than an hour, now we are setting still in the water. Captain announced we were waiting for a couple of passengers while we were waiting in port. My family watched and no one ever boarded. Now with us setting out in the water we are wondering if we are waiting for those passengers. We figure we left port to keep from incurring additional port charges.

5 minutes ago, mzlisap said:

Left port late, more than an hour, now we are setting still in the water. Captain announced we were waiting for a couple of passengers while we were waiting in port. My family watched and no one ever boarded. Now with us setting out in the water we are wondering if we are waiting for those passengers. We figure we left port to keep from incurring additional port charges.

Marinetraffic shows you are moving at about 7 knots in the direction of Aruba, which isn't far to go. 

About as close as you could get standing on a dry pond bed.

Grocery store next door cheese paying local prices for food quality.

Want to get rich in Curacao? Set up a bunch of garages specializing in shocks. The roads are pretty chunky.

Headed back to ship, getting picked up by a shuttle tram.

We had planned on dining at the wine bar and trying some of their wine and cheese pairings. Barkeep said only snacks. I showed him the app menu. He said that was next door. A couple came by later and said they just did the pairing at the bar. Barkeep wasn't Italian,so probably had no idea. We had a glass of wine and some fried lasagna. Had to chase the barkeep down to get ship card back. He was busy working with another cruiser doing-wait for it- a wine and cheese pairing.

Dinner was MDR, first appearance in 3 cruises. Food was meh.  But the creme brulee came with a nice shortbread cookie, saving the day.

But maybe not for 2people who weren't on the ship at 5:50P and the captain waited an hour more for them.  But that's okay because all the ship is doing is floating on the ride to Aruba only a hop skip and jump away . Never heard if the 2missing folks were left or just qualified for the pier runners team.

If you liked those big horn rock and R&B bands growing up, go see Santa Fe and the Fat City Horns virtual concert. Tight!

And plenty of seats as the rest of the ship was storming the Royal Theater for a free glimpse of the Effectors, behind the scenes documentary.

45 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

About as close as you could get standing on a dry pond bed.

Grocery store next door cheese paying local prices for food quality.

Want to get rich in Curacao? Set up a bunch of garages specializing in shocks. The roads are pretty chunky.

I don't think we will bother then. You can see flamingos much closer at a zoo or wildlife park. But thanks for posting the photos, so now we know. :classic_biggrin:

On 4/12/2022 at 3:31 PM, crewsweeper said:

Ok, I 'm back. Had a "naughty Voom " experience.  Was informed that I  was using too many devices. 🤨 Only allowed 2 per cabin, not two per cruiser.

Can you clarify?  I thought they didn’t care how many devices you used, but if you paid for 2 devices you could only be logged into 2 devices at any give time. 

10 hours ago, OrlandoTrio said:

I thought they didn’t care how many devices you used, but if you paid for 2 devices you could only be logged into 2 devices at any give time. 

I think they meant they reached their Voom device limit - perhaps with a two device package they never saw that message before.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

We're at the main pier today. Next to the Scientology yacht. No sign of Cruse or Travolta.

IMG_20220414_072951989.jpg

That was docked there when we were there March 2nd on Odyssey. I thought it was a bit strange that we tied up in a way that completely blocked them in. Apparently they don't really go far.

My daughter thought it looked like they had Titanic-era life boats. 🤣

image.thumb.png.eb3c918c9e93bb910bb014cda3c0ee80.png