On board credit for stock please help

esper10

3 hours ago, KKB said:

Good to know. I put in a request Weds & again Friday...

We sail July 9 & 16...still hoping it might come through...

Good Luck. I was advised that it would take a month.  Shocked that I was credited within a week.  

3 hours ago, KKB said:

Good to know. I put in a request Weds & again Friday...

We sail July 9 & 16...still hoping it might come through...

@KKB, I suggest you try ‘live chat’, a couple weeks ago I booked a cruise leaving in 2 weeks, the chat agent checked with the department and said they were working on requests sent about 3 weeks earlier and it was reported here on cruise critic requests were taking about 3-4 weeks. The ‘live chat ‘ agent said if I waited on line they should be able to get the request processed while I waited. It was done in a few minutes, so have ready the email time and date you sent your last request and they should be able to find and process as your sail date is very soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Good Luck. I was advised that it would take a month.  Shocked that I was credited within a week.  

Used to be that I would send a fax and the credit would show up within an hour.Times have certainly changed.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Used to be that I would send a fax and the credit would show up within an hour.Times have certainly changed.

Does this mean that there are "actually" @SargassoPirate lots of loyalty passengers still sailing on Princess?

Edited by cr8tiv1

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

@KKB, I suggest you try ‘live chat’, a couple weeks ago I booked a cruise leaving in 2 weeks, the chat agent checked with the department and said they were working on requests sent about 3 weeks earlier and it was reported here on cruise critic requests were taking about 3-4 weeks. The ‘live chat ‘ agent said if I waited on line they should be able to get the request processed while I waited. It was done in a few minutes, so have ready the email time and date you sent your last request and they should be able to find and process as your sail date is very soon.

Great suggestion. I have used Live Chat numerous times quite successfully--will try them!

EDIT--I just tried & they said give them 7 days to respond. It is a holiday weekend so that certainly isn't helping. 

I will try Live Chat again on Tuesday; perhaps during normal business hours things will go better.

Edited by KKB

2 hours ago, KKB said:

Great suggestion. I have used Live Chat numerous times quite successfully--will try them!

EDIT--I just tried & they said give them 7 days to respond. It is a holiday weekend so that certainly isn't helping. 

I will try Live Chat again on Tuesday; perhaps during normal business hours things will go better.

@KKB, if shareholders not posted by Tuesday, yes, try live chat again and remind them your sailing is only 4 days away on the 9th and you have submitted previous requests. Unfortunately, reports have been it is taking 3-4 weeks, but some recent reports of only 1 week, so YMMV.

• 5 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, seagunthera said:

Quick question:  If the stock is purchased from a joint brokerage account (shared with my husband), I assume I may have the OBC applied if I sail solo, is that correct? Thanks in advance for your help:-). 

Yes

• Like 1

Claimed shareholder OBC for the first time. I know only one shareholder OBC can be claimed per cabin not per person. But I figured out now, that this OBC is assigned to a person (me). Question: If I want to use it e.g. for specialty dining can I pay this for DW and me from my OBC? I.e. can OBC be shared?

2 hours ago, MouseBerry said:

Claimed shareholder OBC for the first time. I know only one shareholder OBC can be claimed per cabin not per person. But I figured out now, that this OBC is assigned to a person (me). Question: If I want to use it e.g. for specialty dining can I pay this for DW and me from my OBC? I.e. can OBC be shared?

Assuming you are using the same credit card for onboard account and you are paying for the specialty dining onboard, it does not matter since the balances for the two of you will be combined.

If booking pre-cruise and have to pay in advance for the dining, OBC cannot be used (must use credit card) so it does not matter.

On 4/21/2022 at 8:23 AM, TracieABD said:

Hi Fred-

Would you mind emailing me the info as well... I am on short time for my next cruise.

tracie <@> carolina.rr.com

Thank you so much-

TL

The quickest way is to call. If your OBC doesn't show up in a reasonable time and you can pinpoint the method you used to send your info, date & time. They can look it up and apply it while you're on the phone with them.

I had to do that a few years back and it worked (pre-Covid, of course).

10 hours ago, seagunthera said:

Quick question:  If the stock is purchased from a joint brokerage account (shared with my husband), I assume I may have the OBC applied if I sail solo, is that correct? Thanks in advance for your help:-). 

Just make sure your name appears on your account docs.

• Like 1