Updated Vaccation Policy

Edith1950

3 minutes ago, watsonbeau said:

Cunard have just updated - for ex Southampton departure it’s not medically observed. 

Although that's only for Southampton based departures. For passengers joining in other ports: "If guests choose to embark one of our ships at a port outside of their home country, it is their responsibility to ensure they meet all entry requirements for that country at the time of sailing."

12 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Ah, I see. All is now clear! Well, at least nobody need worry that they won’t be able to go on their cruise now! I hope for the sake of the cruise industry that this whole charade of testing, quarantine  zones etc is consigned to history before the damage to the industry is irreversible. 

Sadly. I can only naively hope that people tell the truth.

8 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Seems P&O are the only cruise line adopting the non observed test route so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

This comes from most of the rules following the broad framework that the CDC set out in the US, as I predicted last month. The CDC rules required an observed test. You will note that Princess, for example, also allow the CDC exemptions from vaccinations that P&O and Cunard don't.

Princess have also tweaked their policy to include the exemption process. Such that 5-12 years could not apply for exemption under the basis that as yet they are ineligible for vaccines: "We manage an exemption process for a small number of guests who are ineligible for vaccines, subject to the regulations of the ports we visit. Exemptions are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Children under five years old (who are not yet eligible for COVID-19 vaccines) are not required to apply for a vaccine exemption but must still follow all other requirements for unvaccinated guests."

• Like 1

Just now, molecrochip said:

Although that's only for Southampton based departures. For passengers joining in other ports: "If guests choose to embark one of our ships at a port outside of their home country, it is their responsibility to ensure they meet all entry requirements for that country at the time of sailing."

Sadly. I can only naively hope that people tell the truth.

This comes from most of the rules following the broad framework that the CDC set out in the US, as I predicted last month. The CDC rules required an observed test. You will note that Princess, for example, also allow the CDC exemptions from vaccinations that P&O and Cunard don't.

Princess have also tweaked their policy to include the exemption process. Such that 5-12 years could not apply for exemption under the basis that as yet they are ineligible for vaccines: "We manage an exemption process for a small number of guests who are ineligible for vaccines, subject to the regulations of the ports we visit. Exemptions are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Children under five years old (who are not yet eligible for COVID-19 vaccines) are not required to apply for a vaccine exemption but must still follow all other requirements for unvaccinated guests."

Yes, I noted that. I see Cunard have now joined the party so I'm currently chasing three non observed tests, one video link in Rome, one video link in Barcelona and one in person in Southampton.  Talk about confusing!

I understand that I book a test kit online to arrive approximately 4 days before I cruise, take a test 24 hrs before departure upload the results (pass) the firm supplying the kit then downloads the pass certificate to my phone . Is this correct.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

The nature of people will,  I believe lead to a certain amount of abuse of trust to the detriment of honest people 

Maybe P&O should do random testing prior to embarkation, that would reduce the chance of cheating

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

How can you use a cheap LFT if you need to get it verified by one of the companies?

To cheat the system you use another LFT to see if you are positive. If you are you get someone else to provide the test which you use to be verified. Not to be condoned. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

How can you use a cheap LFT if you need to get it verified by one of the companies?

People could test first with a LFT and, if they test positive, get someone else (who is negative) to then do their official test. Obviously it’s wrong on many levels, but I’m a realist and as time goes by people will become less and less tolerant and understanding of the testing requirements when cruising is the last man standing to require it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

So this certificate needs to have a time and date stamp?  What do you think P&O will do if someone arrives at the terminal with a Neg cert but it's timed at beford 24 hours?  Send them home?

Send them home and keep their money!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Good idea, but somebody with a negative test the day before could still test positive the following day.  Wouldn't mean they cheated.

Indeed, which is just one of many reasons why the whole testing regime has become a farce.

• Like 7

23 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Prenetics do a home/hotel/service station self-administered LFT. You activate it, do it, wait 15-30 minutes and then submit a picture of your result via the website. 

You then get a pdf/website confirmation once a human has checked it. Took about 3-5 minutes for the confirmation once submitted.

£14/£17 depending upon delivery method.

https://www.projectscreen.co.uk/lateral-flow-test-kits/testing-for-travel/

Certificated result within 3 hours of uploading result.

Can you do more than one person on the same smartphone/email?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mewat said:

We are due to cruise on Wednesday 12th October.  We are travelling down on the day.  My husband is working on Tuesday 11th and all his holiday is used up for this year, so how is he supposed to get an antigen test?  We live in a remote area with no Lloyds pharmacies within 50 miles, so he can't even nip out in his lunch hour!

Not looking good for us now.

SURELY all this nonsense will be over by October 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

To all those worried about overnight stays etc if and it's a big IF, P&O allow unsupervised tests then all you do is carry out the test the evening before upload a picture of the test and go to bed, by the morning you will have the certificate on your phone. Granted you need a smartphone.

So my Mum will have to cancel her cruise and lose all the money or buy a smartphone she will never use again?

2 minutes ago, darknightsdespiser said:

SURELY all this nonsense will be over by October 

We all said that in 2020 about 2021. Then we all said it again last year about this year. IMHO the cruise industry need to be fighting much harder to have all these testing and quarantine zone requirements lifted. Another year of all this faff and the resultant reduced passenger numbers could be terminal for several cruise lines. 

• Like 12

5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

But anyone posting on here does have access to the internet, and only a few will be restricted to only a desk top computer.  So they should be able to have mobile access to the the net, and most lap tops do have a built in camera which should be capable of sending a photo of the completed test.

Yes, I have a smartphone and a tablet but no idea what to do about Mum!

4 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

We all said that in 2020 about 2021. Then we all said it again last year about this year. IMHO the cruise industry need to be fighting much harder to have all these testing and quarantine zone requirements lifted. Another year of all this faff and the resultant reduced passenger numbers could be terminal for several cruise lines. 

Not to mention that by October, we will all be going through it again as the winter season hits.

1 hour ago, JollyMia said:

I understand that I book a test kit online to arrive approximately 4 days before I cruise, take a test 24 hrs before departure upload the results (pass) the firm supplying the kit then downloads the pass certificate to my phone . Is this correct.

Yes, lots of us on another thread worried about people without smartphones.