Solstice To Replace Millie - Mexican Riviera 2022

Cruising89143

4 hours ago, KAE27 said:

You're not alone; we're still showing as going to Southern Caribbean on October 15 (booked Mexican Riviera).  

I'm another booked on Millie Oct 15th. Still shows going to the Caribbean.  Reached out to my TA and they said they had no email from Celebrity of my change. Her co-worker got notice of the Solstice cancelations to Asia though.  Frustrating for sure.🤞 it updates soon.  So ready for a cruise.

• Like 1

I saw that one of my favorite locations on Solstice (S class generally) was open for our December sailing. I booked it. Waited a few days to see what would happen with my Millennium booking as it moved to Solstice, but got tired of waiting, and yesterday cancelled that reservation. I just checked, my new reservation shows online and on the app as it should. I paid a bit more, but I also moved from a C-3 to a C-2. I probably could have argued for the C-3 rate on the new cabin, but it wasn’t worth the time.

I am sure the sales/reservations staff will be glad to have this over with!

Stan

I finally got my new cabin assignments on the Solstice. Only problem is that we had connecting cabins before (traveling with small children), but now we don’t have connecting cabins anymore (they’re not even next to each other). We see connecting cabins available but on higher categories. I wonder if celebrity will agree to move us to those higher category cabins at no extra charge, specially since the cruise is now a good $1000 more than when we originally booked it. Waiting to hear from TA. So far, no reply., 

Reading all of the comments it looks as there is no set pattern on how X is handling the moving of guests from one vessel to the other. It seems like they would start with the closest sailings and move all guests/staterooms on the same sailing before moving to the next. Guess it’s not being handled that way. 

4 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I am confused.  Your response is full of contradictions. You say you never said they should give you those staterooms and then you say you should be offered those first. Huh?? I don't know what you mean.  

I mean they should be offered even if we had to pay an upgrade. I booked this stateroom on the Millie strictly for the over sized corner aft balcony. I would still like the same location on the Solstice even if that means changing stateroom categories.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pixiedust777 said:

I mean they should be offered even if we had to pay an upgrade. I booked this stateroom on the Millie strictly for the over sized corner aft balcony. I would still like the same location on the Solstice even if that means changing stateroom categories.

Exactly.  Same with us!  Was thrilled to book that cabin.  It is comparable to a suite, in our opinion, with the cabin size and the enormous balcony.  

Spoke to X yesterday regarding our B2B and was told that since the second sailing still has not been moved (only the first leg is now on Solstice) they can not promise that we will have the same cabin, even though it is noted as a B2B in same cabin.  I was told that we might be close when they move the second leg, but will not guarantee that we will have the same cabin.  When I said that that was unacceptable, I was informed by the X rep that I could cancel and just get a refund then!!

This is beyond what customer service should be!!  Maybe I got hold of Carnival by mistake

• Like 1

This week and late last week I noticed that when you searched for the Mexican Riviera “both” Los Angeles and San Juan was showing as departure ports and this morning San Juan is now gone and only LAX is showing so hopefully X must be close to getting everyone moved over. 

15 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

This week and late last week I noticed that when you searched for the Mexican Riviera “both” Los Angeles and San Juan was showing as departure ports and this morning San Juan is now gone and only LAX is showing so hopefully X must be close to getting everyone moved over. 

I talked to them again today and got different info once again. They said it could take up to 90 days prior to departure 🤦‍♀️ Hopefully it doesn’t take that long! 

3 minutes ago, TexasTraveler1020 said:

I talked to them again today and got different info once again. They said it could take up to 90 days prior to departure 🤦‍♀️ Hopefully it doesn’t take that long! 

I can’t see that happening. Celebrity has already opened bookings on staterooms from Aqua down. The Retreat will be opening soon as X needs to fill the ships. Do you have a TA or Celebrity Vacation Planner? If so I suggest contacting them. My CVP told me a few weeks at the most to make the changes.  

3 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

I can’t see that happening. Celebrity has already opened bookings on staterooms from Aqua down. The Retreat will be opening soon as X needs to fill the ships. Do you have a TA or Celebrity Vacation Planner? If so I suggest contacting them. My CVP told me a few weeks at the most to make the changes.  

suites are open for booking on the 12/3 sailing. Just.checked our booking and we are still showing on the Millennium but they changed both our cabin and our reservation #.
TA trying to get it sorted out.

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

suites are open for booking on the 12/3 sailing. Just.checked our booking and we are still showing on the Millennium but they changed both our cabin and our reservation #.
TA trying to get it sorted out.

Your sailing is the only sailing (of the changed sailings) where the Retreat has been opened. The late September through late November is still closed. Pricing is available to the CVP’s but not the inventory l

45 minutes ago, westcoastcruiser said:

Got our cabin assignment.  We are B2B as well and we do not have to change cabins.  Certainly is not the corner aft FV cabin we had...and is not an upgrade either.  But we will be cruising and it will be fine.

Out of curiosity, what did they give you?

21 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

No I booked directly. A CVP contacted me while my cruise was on hold but I never heard back from them so I booked by myself. 

2 minutes ago, TexasTraveler1020 said:

No I booked directly. A CVP contacted me while my cruise was on hold but I never heard back from them so I booked by myself. 

Unfortunately you’re at the mercy of whomever answers the phone. Have you logged into your Celebrity account to see if they have assigned you a stateroom?

Just now, cruisingator2 said:

Unfortunately you’re at the mercy of whomever answers the phone. Have you logged into your Celebrity account to see if they have assigned you a stateroom?

yes I check every day and still just says millennium and our stateroom # that we had on millennium. 

I mentioned earlier [#171] that I had made a fresh booking, a C-2 on Solstice and cancelled my C-3 booking on Millennium for my 8 night Mexican Riviera cruise in December.

I reported wrongly! I said that my cost went up. I just looked again at my new booking confirmation and the cost is down on Solstice, about $100. And now I just looked at my account online, and my cost is shown as another $240 lower than in the Confirmation. Not complaining...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

Your sailing is the only sailing (of the changed sailings) where the Retreat has been opened. The late September through late November is still closed. Pricing is available to the CVP’s but not the inventory l

That’s even more concerning.  We were booked in a S1 and last night about 1/2  of the corner S1s were taken. 

16 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

The problem is I believe those are the only S1 cabins on Solstice and they (s1s) were all sold out at least on our sailing and I'd be willing to bet on most others as they always book up first. So if they offered them, even for a price,  to other levels they couldn't place the people who paid for S1s. I do understand and sympathize with the frustration.  We had a nice midship hump balcony which I vastly prefer as I get motion sick pretty easily.  Solstice does not have any of those in my category. 

Edited by phoenix_dream

30 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

The problem is I believe those are the only S1 cabins on Solstice and they (s1s) were all sold out at least on our sailing and I'd be willing to bet on most others as they always book up first. So if they offered them, even for a price,  to other levels they couldn't place the people who paid for S1s. I do understand and sympathize with the frustration.  We had a nice midship hump balcony which I vastly prefer as I get motion sick pretty easily.  Solstice does not have any of those in my category. 

For our sailing in mid October my CVP could see pricing for the S1 suites but no inventory. The price for two in an S1 would be approx. $6150.00 with tax and fees. I don’t recall the exact amount but I’m very close. 

4 hours ago, westcoastcruiser said:

Got our cabin assignment.  We are B2B as well and we do not have to change cabins.  Certainly is not the corner aft FV cabin we had...and is not an upgrade either.  But we will be cruising and it will be fine.

What stateroom were you assigned to.

We paid a premium for an aft veranda.

1 hour ago, pixiedust777 said:

What stateroom were you assigned to.

We paid a premium for an aft veranda.

We were assigned an aft on deck 6.  Contacted our TA and she moved us to deck 8 in an aft cabin.  She said cost is higher now than what we paid so no refund coming our way.  She tried to get us an upgrade or additional OBC but was not successful.