Cost difference to upgrade drink package

hmorrow

I have searched HAL's website, but can't find any information on the cost of  upgrading the drink package. Also, does anyone know where I can see a list of which alcoholic beverages apply to each package?

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, hmorrow said:

I have searched HAL's website, but can't find any information on the cost of  upgrading the drink package. Also, does anyone know where I can see a list of which alcoholic beverages apply to each package?

Thanks in advance

Just did this on Eurodam last week.  Was $5/day/person to upgrade.  You can do it at any bar or they'll have a table set up in atrium.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, FlyingCruiser2 said:

Just did this on Eurodam last week.  Was $5/day/person to upgrade.  You can do it at any bar or they'll have a table set up in atrium.

Thanks-

Is it still the 15 drinks, including water, etc?

3 hours ago, FlyingCruiser2 said:

That is great news.  There is another thread where people are saying it cost them $10/day/person.  Did you have any issues with getting it for $5?

Curious why people are looking to upgrade?  I assume it must be mainly for better wines, because from what I saw, most alcohol choices are below the $15 limit.  I typically drink Belvedere vodka, which is considered a premium vodka at bars and restaurants, and even that is below the threshold.  Am I missing something?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruisinShips said:

Curious why people are looking to upgrade?  I assume it must be mainly for better wines, because from what I saw, most alcohol choices are below the $15 limit.  I typically drink Belvedere vodka, which is considered a premium vodka at bars and restaurants, and even that is below the threshold.  Am I missing something?

No, you're not.

• Like 1

I love my Bailey's! In my coffee and straight  up😍,but it is not included in the basic package. A few years ago I purchased a bottle to keep I my room, but the price is ridiculous  now. I will upgrade for that alone, but better wine choice is also nice.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Grandma7 said:

I love my Bailey's! In my coffee and straight  up😍,but it is not included in the basic package. A few years ago I purchased a bottle to keep I my room, but the price is ridiculous  now. I will upgrade for that alone, but better wine choice is also nice.

Bailey's is included in the SBP.

• Thanks 2

I was able to see a list of the wines, and I’m thinking the regular package will work for us, and we won’t need an upgrade, but was just curious to the cost, if we felt it necessary to upgrade. Thanks for all your answers.

6 hours ago, CruisinShips said:

I will upgrade for the unlimited non-alcoholic drinks.   I wouldn’t want those to count towards my 15 drinks per day.  On days where you’re off the boat it’s not a big deal but on sea days the wife and I would be over 15 by dinner time.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dominicr said:

I will upgrade for the unlimited non-alcoholic drinks.   I wouldn’t want those to count towards my 15 drinks per day.  On days where you’re off the boat it’s not a big deal but on sea days the wife and I would be over 15 by dinner time.  

I know there has been discussions on the boards regarding the Elite package & unlimited non alcoholic drinks, but when I go to the description on my cruise for the package it says the package is limited to 15 drinks like the others.  screen shot below:

97A0D01D-07BA-4DB0-8B98-7AE7EBA02C0A.thumb.png.adba4e3965da26f213cc12e3512db6cf.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kazu said:

I know there has been discussions on the boards regarding the Elite package & unlimited non alcoholic drinks, but when I go to the description on my cruise for the package it says the package is limited to 15 drinks like the others.  screen shot below:

97A0D01D-07BA-4DB0-8B98-7AE7EBA02C0A.thumb.png.adba4e3965da26f213cc12e3512db6cf.png

This is sad if that’s how it is.  If not for the person we are going with choosing this as their birthday cruise then there is no way we would go on holland over royal. 

2 hours ago, dominicr said:

This is sad if that’s how it is.  If not for the person we are going with choosing this as their birthday cruise then there is no way we would go on holland over royal. 

And a number of us here prefer HAL to Royal 🙂 

Seriously, just confirm on board before you upgrade.  There have been reports that the non alcoholic is unlimited with the Elite - I was simply showing you what the package states if I buy it on my cruise.

I would confirm before buying and if it’s unlimited - great.  If it’s not, buy a beverage card instead of upgrading (assuming you are only upgrading for the non alcoholic drinks) and use the beverage card for a few of the non alcoholic drinks so you don’t go over in the evening if you are ordering alcoholic drinks.  

On 4/12/2022 at 12:29 PM, ilv4cruising said:

That is great news.  There is another thread where people are saying it cost them $10/day/person.  Did you have any issues with getting it for $5?

We were on N. Statendam last month and it was $10.00 per day plus the 18% gratuity. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mr. godfredo said:

We were on N. Statendam last month and it was $10.00 per day plus the 18% gratuity. 

I was on Nieuw Statendam March 27 - April 6.  Agreed, $10 per day plus 18% gratuity to upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2022 at 3:32 PM, CruisinShips said:

Curious why people are looking to upgrade?  I assume it must be mainly for better wines, because from what I saw, most alcohol choices are below the $15 limit.

SBP limit is $11, not $15. So yes, it is to upgrade to better wine in my case. And it was unlimited non-alcohol before, that may be changing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

SBP limit is $11, not $15. So yes, it is to upgrade to better wine in my case. And it was unlimited non-alcohol before, that may be changing.

Well that's news....someone in a thread had said it was $15.  There is a link posted in this thread to the 2021 bar menu, does anyone know if the pricing for 2022 has, or is expected to change?

22 hours ago, kazu said:

And a number of us here prefer HAL to Royal 🙂 

Seriously, just confirm on board before you upgrade.  There have been reports that the non alcoholic is unlimited with the Elite - I was simply showing you what the package states if I buy it on my cruise.

I would confirm before buying and if it’s unlimited - great.  If it’s not, buy a beverage card instead of upgrading (assuming you are only upgrading for the non alcoholic drinks) and use the beverage card for a few of the non alcoholic drinks so you don’t go over in the evening if you are ordering alcoholic drinks.  

i agree we all like different things.   I have never been on HAL so can’t say anything good or bad about it….just what I have read and heard from friends who have been on HAL.  

the beverage card is a great idea though….thank you for that thought about an option.  

On 4/12/2022 at 12:17 PM, hmorrow said:

Thanks-

Is it still the 15 drinks, including water, etc?

The water is "canned" water only.  I was disappointed that I could not get bottled water and had to pay for Pellegrino.  I didn't have the Elite package so maybe it come within that package.  I probably wouldn't do the Have It All Again as I like one or two glasses of "good" wine and the wine offered in the standard package wasn't to my liking.

4 hours ago, Balloon Man said:

First time on HA but more than 30 cruises taken. Having trouble understanding pre cruise choices for alcoholic drinks. Most lines offer a "cost per day" option, but can't find this on HA. Advice?

You can only purchase the package for the duration of your cruise, not per day.  

• Thanks 1