Current Capacity Limits OASIS OTS

benkon

Hi, all!  We are on the Oasis May 1st out of NJ.  Does anyone know what percentage of total capacity we should expect?  We were on the Odyssey OTS last November and it was maybe 30% full due to Covid restrictions.  It was lovely!  

Thanks, in advance!

N

• Haha 1

We are on the same sailing. Still a couple hundred cabins available, so unless there are a lot of last minute buyers, it won’t be full. Just off Edge at about 50% —- not excited about a full Oasis class ship, we have gotten spoiled in the last 9 months.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

We were on Oasis last week of March and it was sailing at 75% which was the line average. It felt a little less crowded than normal and not terrible. We were told that in 2 weeks (so now) that they would be at 90%. I would anticipate that the days of low capacity are over.

Edited by munkegodes

We got off Oasis on 4.7 and were told we were at 65% capacity. The only time it felt crowded was at the Lime and Coconut Pool bar on a sea day. And I feel that could have been bc one of the bartenders did everything possible to avoid serving customers. The manager finally stepped in and start taking orders lol

It was a fantastic cruise!

• Like 1

Agree I sailed Freedom last year at 35% capacity and sailed Anthem for NYE at 55% capacity.

Going to feel weird sailing at near 100% on an OASIS class ship.

Covid-era Cruising has spoiled me for the worst.. 🙂 

we are on the Allure in a couple weeks, my unofficial snooping around for available cabins suggests that the ship is ~90% full. Not excited about that,  but this is the first time for us to sail on the Oasis class, and it will be a good way for us to validate what we have heard for years now .... that the ships are so large you dont notice that you are with 5,000 others.  We'll see .....

1 hour ago, Computer Nerd said:

Have friends on the Harmony now and they sailed with 5,000 pax. Not sure what percentage this makes it but that's quite a few folks.

Around 5400 is 100%

She holds around 6300. I've been on one of those. 😱

Edited by John&LaLa

3 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

Have friends on the Harmony now and they sailed with 5,000 pax. Not sure what percentage this makes it but that's quite a few folks.

We sailed in January on Navigator and it was 1100 onboard...so nice.

Sailed on Explorer in March...B2B...2800 onboard and it felt like 5000. Second week about 2500 and it felt like a lot less. Next up Harmony April 24th and I don't really care now after that first week on Explorer.....Yikes !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2022 at 1:39 PM, benkon said:

Hi, all!  We are on the Oasis May 1st out of NJ.  Does anyone know what percentage of total capacity we should expect?  We were on the Odyssey OTS last November and it was maybe 30% full due to Covid restrictions.  It was lovely!  

Thanks, in advance!

N

On current sailing. Various staff and loyalty team informed me we are at 80% +- 5k ppl. Lots of children, under 10 years of age.

Bar staff informed me they are having issues getting specific liquors, so are having to adjust recipes to accommodate. 

Sea day today. We hung out in all pool areas from 7am-930am. Lots of peace an quiet and had pools and hot tubs to ourselves. About 10am it became a sea of humanity. So many kids and people all piled into pool.. almost like the flood gates opened and everyone came out.

Let me know if anyone has any additional questions.

I’m on the current sailing. More crowded than our New Year’s Eve sailing but also way more of a “vibe”.  New Years was far too quiet. Can still get a drink in under 5 minutes. The only thing I’ve noticed is lack of bourbon and rye whiskey. Park cafe has had small lines, dinner reservations were easy (except for hibachi, but that’s normal as the venue is so small). Coco cay was amazing (only ship in port). Aqua 80 show was AWESOME. Not too crowded and they let in plenty of people without reservations. 

Yes, there are kids. It’s a Royal Caribbean ship. I have 2 kids myself. So far the worst tantrum I have observed was from an adult. 

Service has been exceptional imho. 

• Like 3