Sapphire Summer From LA - Cancelled

ceilidh1

3 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Could you please tell us where you heard this?  Not sure what “coming down the pipe” means.  Thank you!

There will be an official announcement tomorrow. This is a heads up for those booked/interested.

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Just an FYI - this is coming down the pipe! The 2022 summer sailings on Sapphire are being cancelled and ship will return to service in September.

It's on the Princess site now.

Thanks!

Arlene

• Like 1

Wonder what the cause of the delay is after over 2 years of not sailing.

“While we continue to work diligently in preparing Sapphire Princess to set sail, there have been some delays that are affecting her timeframe for resuming guest operations. Therefore, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our summer Sapphire Princess cruises operating roundtrip from Los Angeles”.

• Like 1

just got the email…was looking forward to visiting Universal and getting some In-N-out pre-cruise and visiting SF again after many years.

VOYAGE CANCELLATION - SAPPHIRE PRINCESS
As part of our overall return to service plan for the entire Princess fleet, we've made the difficult decision to delay the restart date for Sapphire Princess until September 24, 2022 and must regretfully cancel your cruise.

Guests will be refunded all monies paid to the original form of payment. Should you decide to rebook to any other 2022 sailing, you will receive an onboard credit based off your cabin category as follows: $100 USD for an interior or oceanview stateroom, $200 for a balcony stateroom, or $300 for a mini-suite or suite stateroom (credit applies to first two guests on the booking; replacement cruise must be booked by May 31, 2022).

We sincerely apologize for any disappointment this cancellation may cause and look forward to welcoming you aboard another Princess cruise in the future.

I honestly thought we were 'done' with canceled cruises.  We were on the July 7 to Hawaii.

Paid for 2/3 of the cruise using FCC.  Have five other cruises booked this year so not likely to be able to squeeze in another.  Agreed with RJ above this is likely due to lack of crew.  On HAL recently the hotel manager told me their crew is having fits getting their work visas so they can enter the US, with many months of delays.

What's crummy is how few options there are and the lousy booking terms . 

Booking must be  by May 31, 2022 and sailing by the end of the year . 

That stinks . IF they extended this period I would be a lot more accepting .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fpsphil said:

I wonder if it was more low bookings for these cruises? Didn't make sense to bring another ship online

I'm thinking that might be a factor, too. I was planning on the early July Hawaii sailing but was waiting to book last minute when pricing came down. I'm glad I waited....