Mariner cancellations?

Just got an email that one or more of my 2023 mariner cruises has been cancelled due to itinerary problems, but I have no idea which one (we have four booked).

Anyone have any details?

Edited by orville99

I saw the date on a blog, around oct 23 maybe?  They offered maybe 4 other dates with the same. It was a 7 day if that helps. The ship is chartered. Switch to another 7 day with same itinerary. 

Could be nov but I think around oct 23 cancelled. 

Edited by firefly333

1 hour ago, dcgrumpy said:

2022? A number of people have posted on FB that their May-September 2023 cruises have been canceled. Even though they still show up as available to book online.

It is in fact 2023. Apparently the Mariner is not sailing (at least out of PC) next summer. Redeployment managed to move us to a B3B on wonder for the same three weeks, but RCL is only providing price protection for late May-early June cancellations and our cruises were in July.

• Like 2

There's a lot of chatter about it on FB.  My 4 night in May 2023 going to Coz is now going to Labadee.  Just emailed my TA to cancel it.  Here's a partial email from another site.  Looks like lots of changes don't know why since drydock is the beginning of 2023

May be an image of text that says '12:03 Mariner of the Seas: a change to your itinerary RC Royal Caribbean Internati... To You 분 ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS Dear Guest, We recently had modificationsto our planning, which impacts Mariner the May 2023 sailings. aresult, Mariner's departures evised, means upcoming cruise know been this much time and ffort into planning inconvenience. However, good same Mariner Your the importan along with the best decson you those in your party. we' utlined your options along with few additional details. Option Move alternate onboard Mariner ofthe Seas. sailing in 2023 you'd like move Reply booking an Calendar'

Edited by molly361

8 minutes ago, orville99 said:

It is in fact 2023. Apparently the Mariner is not sailing (at least out of PC) next summer. Redeployment managed to move us to a B3B on wonder for the same three weeks, but RCL is only providing price protection for late May-early June cancellations and our cruises were in July.

Are they offering any OBC? 

Didn't offer any OBC on our 4 leg, six weeks on board Radiance Australia cruise cancellations (second time).   Nada...squat, nothing.  Just promised refunds of deposits (which still have not arrived).  

Edited by island lady

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Are they offering any OBC? 

Nope, not a dime.

Dear Guest,

We recently had to make some modifications to our itinerary planning, which impacts Mariner of the Seas’ May 2023 – October 2023 sailings. As a result, Mariner’s departures have been revised, and therefore, we’ve made adjustments to its itineraries. Unfortunately, this means your upcoming cruise has been cancelled.

We know how much time and effort go into planning your vacation, and we’re terribly sorry for the inconvenience. However, the good news is, Mariner of the Seas will still be offering similar itineraries from the same port – just on different days.

Your vacation is important to us, along with the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we’ve outlined your options along with a few additional details.

Option 1: Move to an alternate 8-Night sailing in 2023 onboard Mariner of the Seas. 

If you’d like to move your existing booking to an alternate sailing next year – we’re happy to move you! We’ll price protect the original pricing and/or promotion on an 8-night Mariner of the Seas 2023 sailing that has the same product, embarkation port, and stateroom category as your original cruise within 1 week (before or after) of the original sail date. For example, if you are moving from the 8-night June 3rd, 2023 sailing onboard Mariner of the Seas, you can move to an 8-night 2023 Mariner of the Seas sailing that has the same product, embarkation port, stateroom category, and has a sail date between May 27th, 2023 – June 10th, 2023.

Please note, price protection covers your cruise fare/promotion on an applicable sailing only and excludes taxes and fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items, as these may change. 

You must decide to move to a new sailing by April 27th, 2022. If not, your reservation will be cancelled.

Option 2: Rebook any Royal Caribbean sailing.

If you prefer to re-book a different sailing, we’ll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees associated with the move.

Please note, you’ll be responsible for any difference in pricing for your cruise fare, taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items. 

If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund if there is any difference in pricing. You can expect to receive your refund to the original form of payment within 30 business days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

Option 3: If you can’t find a new cruise itinerary and choose to cancel, we’ll be sad to see you go. You’ll receive: 

A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare and any pre-paid amenities to the original form of payment within 30 business days, including non-refundable deposits.

Please note, if you choose this option, we will not provide additional compensation.

Lastly, if you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original certificate.

It’s important to us that you find the best cruise option. Please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by April 27th, 2022, if you decide to go with option 1 or 2. Please know, hold times may be longer than usual. If you decide to go with option 3, there’s no need to call us. If we haven’t heard from you by April 27th, 2022, your reservation will be cancelled.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at: 

1 888 281 9344 in the U.S.

1 800 754 500 in Australia / 0800 102 123 in New Zealand

In the UK only, by using our webchat service or by calling 0344 493 4005

All other countries, please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactus for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

Thank you for understanding. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge, we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

Edited by orville99
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My FB group just posted October 2022 cancelled 😞 

Yep, so did a blogger I'm not sure I can mention. Just one date chartered. 

The b2b I just got off was booked on allure and moved price protected to liberty. So generous of them. I was supposed to have had a hump on allure. 

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

All the 2023 Mariner sailings between May and October are now gone from the booking engine. The only one that shows up is 10/28.

The new sailings are loaded  It won't take the single supplement DP340 code.  Hopefully they are still working on them  

Our May and October 2023 Bermuda cruises just got cancelled.  We are so disappointed by this.  I called RCCL and no reason was given. We both really looked forward to returning to Bermuda as it's not easy from Florida as it was living in the northeast. Oh well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PFV said:

Our May and October 2023 Bermuda cruises just got cancelled.  We are so disappointed by this.  I called RCCL and no reason was given. We both really looked forward to returning to Bermuda as it's not easy from Florida as it was living in the northeast. Oh well.

There are still several Bermuda cruises listed on Mariner in 2023:

Capture.JPG

14 hours ago, molly361 said:

The new sailings are loaded  It won't take the single supplement DP340 code.  Hopefully they are still working on them  

Hopefully they will fill in the holes in the schedules as there are several gaps based on what is currently listed.

14 hours ago, molly361 said:

That's common. Few my Bookings when first released didnt except Discount last Month. Booked it online to get my Favorite Cabin then called next day to get the Discount. By then was available online but didnt want miss out on my Choice

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

I just tried to reschedule my August 26,2023 ( 8 night) cruise that was cancelled. Per the email I had until the 27th to make changes.  When I called Royal they showed I was still booked on that date but it's now a 6 night instead of 8.  When I asked to be moved to the 8 night on a different day,  indicated they needed a copy of the email as they don't have it.  It appears they  assumed I'd sail on the same date. Anyone else having issues with these cancellations?